Author Topic: Fate of the Jedi  (Read 18874 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Fate of the Jedi
« Reply #30 on: January 6, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Gonna get back into this series. Just started "Backlash". Why do I post? Because I don't know for sure which books I've read in this series. I see I posted I read "Abyss" but nothing after that. I thought I was four books in, but don't recognize the synopsis of "Backlash". Shows how bad my memory is or how little the series has grabbed me so far. Anyway now I won't be able to forget where I am.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #31 on: January 6, 2012, 11:22 AM »
The series started a bit slow, but it has really gotten good with one book left.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 03:09 PM »
Finished "Backlash". I'm taking your word that these are going to get good at some point. I've said this like 90 times, but I can't believer these are all hard cover books. I remember in series when only the books that had some major event happen, ie big death, etc. were hardcover and the books that just continued the series were paperback.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Finished "Allies". Liked it.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Finished "Vortex". Becoming less and less a fan of the whole Abeloth thing.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 12:19 AM »
Keep going.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Finished "Conviction". Not sure when I'm going to get to start "Ascension".

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 7, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Finished "Ascension". I am interested to see where this will now lead. Wish they had got to this point sooner than with one book left. I saw the Abeloth/Roki Kem thing coming the minute Abeloth was fascinated by her on the "TV" inside Ship.

It makes me laugh in a annoyed way at how easy it is to become the leader of the Galaxy in these books. How many different coups were going on that all were working out?

And I'm still not sure I'm a fan of Abeloth. She's too................... I don't know what, but there's something about her abilities and how powerful she is, etc. I still don't buy into.

Anyway, looks like I will have to buy "Apocalypse" new and not wait to get it used.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 12:02 PM »
Looking forward to picking up "Apocalypse" tomorrow. Interesting to see how this series ends. Kind of bad timing for my reading schedule right now, but I'll force time somewhere.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 08:12 PM »
I'm looking forward to it as well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 10:53 AM »
I've only managed to get about 170 pages into "Apocalypse" so far, but I keep alternating between excitement to find out what Abeloth is and fear because of how outlandish I expect it to be.

I have a feeling Matt is the only other person reading this book and you are probably done, but just in case spoiler alert.......

(I vomited a little when the Killiks showed up. Man I hated those books)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 11:49 PM »
I've been playing Mass Effect 3, and I think you are farther than I am at this point.

I'm avoiding your spoiler.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 01:35 PM »
Done with "Apocolypse". I'd give it a B-. Won't say anything as far as spoilers go.

There was some interesting stuff. The force balance thing and the stuff from the CW cartoon (I'll keep it at that to stay away from spoilers) not so sure about what to think. Which coincides with what Abeloth is. I know most SW stuff isn't "realistic" but felt that stuff was little outside the realm of what I like imagining is real in the SW world.

Interesting to see where they go next.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 11:19 AM »
And on a random note, I miss Vergere. I've always wanted to know more about her and was hoping she would somehow have had something to do with what was going on in these books and we'd learn more about her. I know that doesn't make a ton of sense, but with the little bit of Jacen stuff and the Luke stuff all originating from trying to find out why Jacen did what he did I thought maybe she'd be a part of it. Oh well.

Edit-I had a feeling some of the stuff at the end was part of who the "Legacy" comic stuff was about. Guess I should have read those. And sort of kind Vergere-ish stuff plays a role.

OK conversation with self over.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:54 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 12:29 AM »
I finished the Apocalypse tonight.  I thought it was a good book, and the series overall was decent.  They have definitely left it open for a new series and it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

I like how they tied in The Old Republic, The Clone Wars Cartoon, most of the Post ROTJ EU and the Legacy comics into one series.  Some of it was a bit of a stretch at times (like the Darth Krayt portion) but they had hinted at the One Sith earlier when Ship returned to Korriban....so I wasn't rolling my eyes too much.

Some things that need to be addressed in future books:

- Somehow, Jagged Fell has to become the Head of State for the Empire again.
- Where did Vetara Khai end up?
- What will happen with the remnants of the Lost Tribe?
- Where will Daala end up?
- Allana has been revealed to have survived.  How will this play out with the Throne of Balance vision?

I guess we'll have to buy more books down the road.
This is the way.

I have spoken.