Author Topic: Yakfinities Entry - SKV-Y33 Feral Salvage Droid  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Yakfinities Entry - SKV-Y33 Feral Salvage Droid
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:40 AM »
My entry for the Yakfinities - Feral Droids

SKV-Y33

The SKV series salvager droid has been in service for decades. It was on the way to being phased out until the Clone Wars hit. Suddenly the galaxy had a huge demand for a specialized salvage droid and the SKV series continued production.
This unfortunate droid saw a long line of owners who either abused or neglected maintaining it.
Fortune would shine upon this droid when its owners became victims of feral droids in an abandoned industrial section or Corescant. SKV-Y33 had expected to be scrapped by the droids. It was suprised when they offered to purge it of its limitating programs and join them in vengence upon their cruel former masters.
SKV now assists in sabotaging speeders of explorers (and of course getting new parts to repair his friends)
Sometimes SKV also attempts to salvage useful chemicals from otherwise useless "meat bags"...

Size Comparison with R2

Parts:
Head-
-safety-pull cap from milk carton
-cut up peices of articulation
-part of a sandtrooper canister
-sculpting
Body-
-plastic insert from medicine bottle cap
-various flawed cast peices
-sculpting
Sensor Pod- (under body)
-part of inner workings of a saga commander bacara figure
Legs-
-broken zoid parts
-cast microman ball sockets
-EZ hinges from radio control vehicle kits
« Last Edit: October 3, 2011, 12:01 PM by Jeff »
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: SKV-Y33 Feral Salvage Droid
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Is it just me or does it look like the robot from The Black Hole with legs?

Nice work.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: SKV-Y33 Feral Salvage Droid
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:28 PM »
The Black Hole inspirations does show doesn't it? I was inspired by B.O.B. when I designed this droid.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...