Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 184070 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #300 on: November 15, 2010, 08:01 AM »

Hamscaping?

Now I've seen it all.

(I'll be using my beard trimmer.)
Post sober.

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Hey, made the front page........! Awesome...!!!!! If you use some water and get the skirt nice and wet, it tends to dry with the material looking a little less poofy!!!!
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2010, 11:56 AM »
Took a look at Luke on GH's photo archive. Man, what a great figure, Hasbro! I thought it was interesting though that in every single carded picture we've seen shows him in the bubble with the two lightsabers next to him, while the final product has him actually holding the lit lightsaber diagonally across the bubble.

I found this wave (aside from Luke) at our Target this weekend as well, but after looking at the Luke in GH's pictures - it really does look pretty great.  When you see that side by side shot with last year's Jedi Luke, it is almost like night and day.  I didn't think that figure was horrible by any means, but this one really takes it up a notch.  Continuing the nice run of Lukes we have gotten over the past couple years.  I hope it continues with a new Hoth Luke in 2011 or 2012.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2010, 03:29 PM »
I've seen them all at retail except Luke... from the pics I've seen, he's excellent.  Can't wait to get a couple.

Offline richalot

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • RichAlot.com
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2010, 12:29 AM »

Instead of trimming it, pull down the black belt over the skirt. That lengthens the upper torso so it doesn't look as awkward. Also, you can pinch the skirt in the back to tighten it up front. Then using fabric glue, seal the pinch together (from beneath the skirt) and hold it for a minute. The glue dries and the skirt will look much better without a need for cutting or trimming.
>>] Rich [<<
www.richalot.com
WANTED: Vintage figure and vehicle parts & pieces for customizing. Try me - no damage is too damaged!

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2010, 02:24 AM »
Great advice, and soo true...

THis is not my pic, full credit goes to rebelscum poster, Spookymufu. This is the best mod Ive seen so far:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2010, 09:17 AM »
I'm slow getting to open this wave, but I did pop open a Rebel Commando and am very impressed. They got just about everything right with this figure. My only nit-picky gripe is the belt/bandoleer being one piece. Can't wait to start swapping parts and making some customs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2010, 10:09 AM »
The endor trooper is near perfect far as trooper building/modding is concerned....they did a good job on him - the cartoony head is a bit off, though

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2010, 12:08 PM »
Just curious...will a little hair spray or gel help with the poofiness?

I have yet to see these...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2010, 02:28 PM »
My thoughts on this wave so far:

Endor Rebel - A nice upgrade, but has a couple drawbacks I think though because I feel the head sculpt is really weird, as his face looks animated to me... I might actually be being too kind by saying that.  It's borderline horrid.  Also, his legs have great articulation, but he really isn't too poseable. I have two of these guys now, and both fall over if you move his legs about too much... I don't usually care for ball jointed hips, but this figure might have benefitted from that. His sculpt on the body though is great, and the upper body really has some fantastic potential for customs... essentially, it's a sweatshirt. Very plain, but a customizer's dream. I'll get a few more, but he might be the worst figure from the wave...

Ackbar - Other than a lack of ankle articulation, the good admiral is damn near perfect. The sculpt seems right out of something from Sideshow, and is well above anything we've seen from Hasbro for this species in my opinion, though the Mon Calamari warrior was a good figure.  It's just amazing how natural Ackbar looks... the articulation is also great and the way his head turns just seems so life-like.   I'll gladly purchase some more.

Woof - I have two of these and already customized one into a Rodian, could not resist as this is a great figure overall. I don't feel there's any drawbacks on this one, and the soft goods works quite well. I'll probably grab 3-4 more and actually passed on a couple today at Target because I'd rather pay Wal-Mart's price.

Gamorrean Guard - This is easily the figure of the year as far as I'm concerned... if not ever. This is the best thing I've ever seen Hasbro do. The soft goods might seem bulky to some, but I dig them and don't feel a need to make any alterations. They did such an unreal job on this figure, thank you Hasbro - THANK YOU. I want at least a dozen of this guy.  This is what Hasbro can do, and it's truly a work of art. The sculpt... articulation... accessories... paint scheme... everything. There is nothing about this figure that I'd change.

Luke - Wow, if not for the Gamorrean, I'd say this is Hasbro's best effort to date.  It's just an amazing rendition of Luke, the body proportions are so accurate looking, his head is amazing, the articulation works great with the ball joint wrists and hips... I could go on and on.  Hasbro nailed this one, finally.

Wicket - For a little furball, pretty damn good.  And I don't even like Ewoks.  The additional hood is fantastic!  I think this is well worth it and the best Ewok yet. 

R2-D2 - Haven't bought yet, passed twice at Target.  Will get at Wal-Mart later for a bit cheaper.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Ackbar - Other than a lack of ankle articulation, the good admiral is damn near perfect.

Really?  It's been how many years since the last version and Hasbro neglected ankle articulation on Ackbar?  That's going to tick me off if I ever decide to open my figures.  Well not really, but ya...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2010, 03:43 PM »
Thanks for all of the pics and reviews. Man, I feel so left out as I do not have this wave in hand yet. My BBTS orders will be here tomorrow but after seeing and hearing how great this wave is I have been on the hunt almost everyday...to no avail. I really want to get a lot of extras of this wave.

I remember when online retailers used to get stuff first and well before the box stores, now it seems they get the waves the same time. This fact almost makes me want to go on the hunt again but coming up empty handed 6 times in a row quickly squashes that thought.

Glad to here WM is getting these in too. I need to find that Tie Bomber, I have more reason to go there.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2010, 03:49 PM »
Ackbar - Other than a lack of ankle articulation, the good admiral is damn near perfect.

Really?  It's been how many years since the last version and Hasbro neglected ankle articulation on Ackbar?  That's going to tick me off if I ever decide to open my figures.  Well not really, but ya...

They did the same thing with Hoth Leia from Wave One...

Would be nice to have articulated ankles on Ackbar, but if you ever have one open, I don't think it's that big of a deal actually.  At least not on this guy.  The rest of him is so nice, I hardly even noticed.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #313 on: November 17, 2010, 09:32 AM »
I agree with Chewie on the Ackbar ankles, it's really not a big deal.

I just scored this wave this morning, all I can say is wow. My 2 cases from BBTS is also coming today so I am flooded with the Jedi wave. The nice thing will be that I can return the 8 extra figures from the two cases I do not want to Target with zero problems.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2010, 06:58 PM »
I found three of these figures: Ackbar, Woof and the Gamorean Guard.

All three are excellent!

BTW...has anyone seen the Wedge figure yet?  I want two of him.
This is the way.

I have spoken.