Author Topic: FAO Shuttle!!!  (Read 24094 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
FAO Shuttle!!!
« on: December 17, 2002, 11:23 AM »
This eBay auction has boxed shuttle pictures, an FAO exclusive and scheduled to arrive in MId January

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3100925722
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 03:47 PM by Scott Pearson »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:Boxed Shuttle Pictures!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 11:26 AM »
The box look's very nice. Can't wait to get it.
Pricey though but what the heck.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 11:29 AM »
The box look's very nice. Can't wait to get it.
Pricey though but what the heck.

I can't wait either...I don't have a Vintage one so spending $125+ for a new one is an easy decision

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 11:52 AM »
I have the vintage one.
Complete too & the box I had to get later.
They will look nice sitting side by side.  ;)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 03:55 PM »
I can't wait.  I agree it's pricey, and wish it came with at least one pack-in, but I'm getting it.    Now we just have to wait for the Sand Crawler.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 12:01 AM »
Oh yes, the Sandcrawler.  :)
Hope that it is not to pricey.

Offline 12 in Goldenrod

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 03:15 AM »
It's kinda weird seeing modern royal guards,stormtroopers,Vader and the emperor next to the shuttle after all it is a vintage shuttle just rehashed.i wonder if the figs can fit in the cockpit. ???

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2002, 06:02 AM »
I wonder what prompted Hasbro to switch from their originally announced Shuttle Tyderium (the stolen rebel shuttle), to this final version of the Imperial Shuttle instead...  I'm glad they did - it's an Imperial Shuttle after all, whether the Rebels had swiped it or not - and most of us think of the Imperial version surrounded by the Imperial troops anyways.  Besides, what the heck kind of cool box art could they have come up with for the Shuttle Tyderium?  Whatever it may have been, it wouldn't have been close to being as cool as the Imperial diorama.

I'm also stoked to see that they darkened the cockpit window up more accurately, which was one of my two gripes (three if you include FAO's price).  They didn't fix my other gripe unfortunately - the upside down side guns at the base of the wings.  Oh well...

I never got the Vintage version, so I've been looking forward to scoring this one for quite a while, despite it's ridiculously high price.  Bring it on!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2002, 01:11 AM »
More update pictures of the Shuttle are now showing in a galaxy near you.  ;)  Check them out.  :o

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=10907

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2002, 04:14 PM »
Pretty impressive ship.I just wish I could afford it.  :'(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:FAO Shuttle!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 03:48 PM »
I chatted with a Customer Service person at FAO.com today, I got the standard we're receiving it on 1/25 line.  She told me if that is the case they won't ship until 1/29 so look for them in February!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: FAO Shuttle!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 04:26 PM »
Same news here on my end.  But now there's word that the Shuttle may be appearing through other sales channels as well, beside just FAO.  Very interesting...  There's been word of it hitting the Once Upon a Toy store in Orlando (for only $100), and it appears that the French Fan Club may be selling them as well.  Who knows if the floodgates might be opened soon on this thing...

I'm going to Disneyland and the Star Traders shop this weekend (to hook Chris, Dale, and Mike up w/ ST droids), so I'll be sure to check around for the Shuttle (or any news on it) while I'm there.  If they've got one for a measely C-note, I'll definitely pick it up there and tell FAO to kiss my...

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 12:46 PM »
I can't wait for niub's diorama

BTW, I heard that the saga figs don't fit wel, but vintage de perfect (becouse it is the vintage mold)  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2003, 04:15 PM »
Well my Credit Card was charged today!  Finally, it will soon be mine :)  I'm glad I didn't spend the ching on a vintage one last year

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: FAO Shuttle!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2003, 04:54 PM »
I'm glad I didn't spend the ching on a vintage one last year
I remember when I almost spent $400 to pick up a Vintage A-Wing and Skiff back in early 1995 at a huge Las Vegas toy convention.  I hesitated due to the rumors of the potential "modern era" re-release of figures that might soon be coming...  VERY glad that I did.

Never got a Vintage Shuttle, so I jumped on my local FAO's list immediately when the news on this first came out.  Hopefully my local store gets it's shipment in from the main distribution warehouse soon!  Sounds like they will!

There's still word coming out of DisneyWorld in Orlando that they've got the Shuttles too, and for only $100!  I went to Disneyland on Saturday, but there weren't any Shuttles, and the cashiers there hadn't heard of their Star Traders store potentially getting any of them in either.  Oh well.  But if Disneyland does get them in soon, I'll be buying one there and returning my FAO one!!!  ;)

I've been waiting nearly two decades for this bad boy.  Patience is a virtue, ain't it...?   :)