Collectibles > Shadows of the Dark Side

2010 Disney Star Tours Box Set

(1/28) > >>

Jeff:
No details on what the set will contain, but confirmation of a new Star Tours box set was offered up in the Q&A @ RTM:

2. With the announcement that Star Tours at Disneyland getting a makeover in 2011, will we finally see non-droid Star Tours characters made? I'm talking about the flight crew (cast members), Teek or the Mon-Calamari flight controller? A full-sized Star Speeder 3000 that could double as a carrying case would be a welcome addition as well.

Answer: Yes, there will be some new non-Droid characters debuting in a special Star Tours themed set next year. Stay tuned for new of that right around Toy Fair time. As for a full-sized Star Speeder 3,000... not a chance that we'll do anything to interact with 3-3/4" figures.

So, non-droid characters from Star Tours - good idea?  bad idea?

shmashwitdaclub:
Awesome.  I am the scummer that has been asking the questions about Ewok figures from the Ewok movies being made in the past few RS.com's QnA's.  So this makes me very happy about this new pack.  While I have never been to/seen this "Star Tours" thingy - I am betting this is where Teek will be placed - and I couldn't be happier! 

tmanthegreat:
There was a smaller model of the Star Speeder 3000 made several years ago and sold at Disney parks.  Depending on how one fudges their scales, it could either be between 1:48 and 1:64 scale.  It had the droid pilot figure, R2D2, a full cabin with seats, opening doors, and well-integrated lights and sound.  I never got one myself, but my younger brother did.  I do have some of the Star Tours droids on the POTF2 cards, however.    

As for the ride, if you have not been on it, fork over the cash and go to Disneyland (or Disneyworld).  The ride is totally worth it.  While the time has come for a makeover, I still really love the "Original Trilogy" feel of the existing ride at the Disneyland Park in California.  It does an excellent job of making you feel like you've entered the Star Wars Universe, even if the events are a little non-cannon.  Having grown up with the original films, Star Tours was such an awesome experience when I firs rode it as a kid in the late 1980s.  I got to do all the Star Wars things I wanted to do: go to lightspeed, fly through an asteroid field, shoot TIE fighters in a space battle, and fly the Death Star trench run.  Too bad all kids know these days are the prequals and the Clone Wars cartoons... They're just not the same.  

shmashwitdaclub:
and what stinks is that I am actually planning on taking a road trip to Disney World this year for Christmas (driving from NW Indiana to Orlando) and I would have to pay to enter a different park to see this.  I really wish that wasn't the case but I don't think I have enough time/cash to justify hitting up another park for one attraction.

please correct if I am wrong about Star Tours being in a seperate park from the Magic Kingdom.

jedi_master_sal:
Is Teek actually a part of this? I've never been on the ride.

Anyway, if so then heck yeah, I'm all for Teek being made. I've got a friend that would be absolutely elated if Teek were made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version