Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106923 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #300 on: July 7, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Shockingly, I picked up Dengar, 4-LOM, Cloud Car Pilot and AT-AT Commander tonight at one of the outlying TRU's across the river from me... :o

I kind of swung by on a whim, since I had just checked there last week, and sure enough they had remnants still on the pegs. Just those 4, plus the Snow Speeder and Cloud Car, at least 2-3 each. Also a full assortment of Legends and what appeared to be TCW Wave 1.5.

This was not a store I had pestered before about putting the new stuff out, but they also haven't had any activity in their SW section for weeks and weeks now. I was really stunned to see these out already.

I'm contemplating heading back over to the other  TRU up the street with my receipt tomorrow as I feel this really helps make my case that it's ok for them to put theirs out too. (The stores are all of about 15 miles from each other after all) I may just wait until Friday though as I get paid again then and these things are not easy on the wallet.

It's a great feeling diving back in though!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 8, 2010, 12:16 PM »
I think I'm like a lot of people, when I heard TRU was putting them out, I went to take a look but didn't find anything.  Now that they aren't doing their little sale, there isn't a lot of reason to go back until I know they are out, especially given the their price is likely to be a dollar or two more than Walmart and Target.

I'm glad new figures are coming out, it makes for a much more interesting time to be a fan/collector.  But its pretty much the same reaction as to when Tunghori (sp?) has new figures on eBay.  Interesting, but I'm not going to overpay for something I'll probably see in a few weeks anyway.
I am not the Stig

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 8, 2010, 01:23 PM »
I cruised by the local TRU I have been stalking again at lunch today, but nothing new on the pegs.

I'll check back again tomorrow after the next truck arrives and see if I can make any headway then. I'm hoping the other store that actually put these things out will have re-stocked by then too.

I'm not really sweating over it, I just don't take it for granted that I will be able to find everything I want come August 6th. I am going to be away on business all that week and probably flying home on the 6th. Any progress I can make between now and then is a bonus.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 8, 2010, 05:01 PM »
I stopped by TRU today and they happened to have these on the pegs (except for Boba Fett).  Despite the higher prices, I broke and picked up a few of them (Han, Luke, Leia, Dak, AT-AT Commander, and Cloud Car Pilot).  I figured that I did have them preordered (first at BBTS, then at HTS), so once I figured in shipping it wasn't too much different - at least that is what I'm telling myself.  Seeing those vinty cardbacks hanging on the pegs sure was nice though - and the non-j hook is super annoying when getting figures towards the back :).  I have to admit though, this line has me pretty excited - I hope they stick with it for awhile.  I'm really going back and forth on whether to pick up a carded set of these or not.  The VOTC/VTSC figures are the only ones I've done that with really, and it is tempting to do again (although so much rougher on the budget/wallet).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #304 on: July 8, 2010, 08:34 PM »
The opening engine compartments on that sold me on that ship immediately.  Not that I needed sold on it anyway I guess, but that added umph to it really made me giddy to get the CC, of all things.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 10, 2010, 10:19 PM »
Picked up an echo base Han Solo at TRU today and just mailed off for my "free" Boba Fett for $6.99. If these things are going to be $9.99 everywhere then this is the last "vintage" figure I buy.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2010, 07:48 AM »
If these things are going to be $9.99 everywhere then this is the last "vintage" figure I buy.

Yup, it makes a big difference.  Can I "afford" to pay $10 a figure?  Sure, I guess.  Do I want to, or will I?  Nope.

When I came across 8 cases of these last weekend, at $10 each I picked up a single AT-AT Commander.  1 figure.

Had they been $6.99, I would have bought the following:

Luke
Dengar
4 AT-AT Commanders
4 Cloud Car Pilots
Dak

The rest of this wave I don't want or need regardless of the price.  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:49 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38 AM »
As has been repeatedly said in this thread, everywhere else (Target, Wally, Hasbrotoyshop) the figures are going to be $7.99 or cheaper, TRU is usually higher to begin...we get it...$10 is too steep.  Wait a month and stop bitching about it

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2010, 10:56 AM »
TRU does have the BOGO 50% off sale going on again if that helps.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Soon enough those little Dengars and CC Pilots will be hanging out on the pegs for $8 and we'll all be wondering where the new stuff is.  Paitence is a virtue.   :)  There's nothing funner for me than going back on stuff I never got and getting it for nothing.  I'm buying a carded set of these (against my better judgement) and some of the figures I will wait and nab on sales or loose since many of them (I'm looking at you, Dengar) are future ebay $3 Hall of Famers.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Hasbro is just screwing with everyone on pricing anymore. Typically a manufacturer doesn't compete directly with it's customers. In this case not only have I seen these instock on the Hasbro site but they were $7.99ea. Maybe that's changed a little since I haven't checked back today but when I did they were in stock so apparently only Hasbro wants to be able to sell these prior to 8/6/10? That's pretty shoddy. EE has cases listed at $99.99, which breaks down to roughly $8.34 per case but EE is always changing prices. So, based on what I see here it's $7.99 direct from hasbro, $8.34 from EE but you have to buy the case and $9.99 from TRU. I'm going to bet Wallyworld and Target will have these at or less than $6.99. If not it sounds like Hasbro is more and more trying to take that market share away from it's resellers. I have all of these on order by the case. I've already got my wave 1 case. After shipping it cost me $8.70 per figure. At least it's a sealed case and it's in perfect condition. I'm not even opening these, they'll go into storage as is and I'll pick up cheaper openers at retail to get my Boba Fett. Overall though, I look at this as a bad omen. Prices may settle later this year to under $7 but I expect to see this scenario play out like this next year. Hasbro will kill the line if they keep it up. It's funny how it only seems to be Star Wars that Hasbro messes with like this. I don't think Transformers pricing has fluctuated as much since the first movie came out.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2010, 04:36 PM »
As has been repeatedly said in this thread, everywhere else (Target, Wally, Hasbrotoyshop) the figures are going to be $7.99 or cheaper, TRU is usually higher to begin...we get it...$10 is too steep.  Wait a month and stop bitching about it

Well maybe if my TRU could have sold some of those 500 Willrow Hoods forming a solid wall of pegwarmer bricks grouted with dust, they wouldn't have to charge $10 each for the new 2010 stuff, forcing some of us to leave brand new product on the shelf for half the summer.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2010, 12:56 AM »
Hasbro is just screwing with everyone on pricing anymore. Typically a manufacturer doesn't compete directly with it's customers. In this case not only have I seen these instock on the Hasbro site but they were $7.99ea. Maybe that's changed a little since I haven't checked back today but when I did they were in stock so apparently only Hasbro wants to be able to sell these prior to 8/6/10? That's pretty shoddy.

I think that this has more to do with the street date confusion than anything.  And TRU regularly marks their stuff up a little higher than everybody else, so no surprise there.

[quote author = Dressel Rebel]Well maybe if my TRU could have sold some of those 500 Willrow Hoods forming a solid wall of pegwarmer bricks grouted with dust,[/quote]

That's craziness.  I've only seen about three ICMGs total, in all the TRUs within 30 miles of me.  Is it possible that most other TRUs were suffering from other, earlier figures pegwarming, and that all of the one wave ended up going from the distribution centers to your TRU?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 14, 2010, 01:43 PM »
So, for anyone who's actually seen TVC on shelves, are the remnants of LC still on shelves as well? I'm wondering because Wave 13 (EU wave) sorta-recently came out and now TVC is about to hit.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #314 on: July 14, 2010, 01:49 PM »
So, for anyone who's actually seen TVC on shelves, are the remnants of LC still on shelves as well? I'm wondering because Wave 13 (EU wave) sorta-recently came out and now TVC is about to hit.

Yes. The Vintage Collection had its own dedicated peg alongside the TLC, old SL, new SL (separate tags/sku), old CW and new CW (separate tags/sku) figures.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird