Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112854 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #60 on: March 4, 2010, 05:01 PM »
I picked up the Comic War Machine yesterday. I don't read comics, but I thought the figure would look cool with the MU Iron Man I have on my shelf. It does.

Now, can anyone recommend good movie versions of Iron Man and War Machine? I'm really only looking to get one of each, and preferably the better figures currently available.

If you're going MU scale then the Mark III is good. It's from the first movie. Retails right now for $6.99. Just be a little careful about your selection as it's in a little bit of a funky position so that it's lower right leg may be a smidge warped. Not bad mind you, just be mindful of this when you pick it up.

Currently in the MU scale that I know of there is only the Comic Book version of War Machine, and it is excellent! So I'd recommend getting that one if you can find it. It seems that figure has already grown in popularity and has become scarce already.  I've seen two in the wild and got one of them, the other was scooped up by another guy who was right behind me eyeing up the figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 4, 2010, 05:05 PM »
In the olden days of comics (80's Iron Man), Stark carried around his armor in a business briefcase.  I always thought it was a little goofy as that would never fit in a normal case, but it was basically just the helmet, chest-plate, gloves, and boots.  The golden layer between those parts was either super-thin stretch metal or extended out from the other parts.  Would be kind of cool if they were able to fit something like that into the movie.

Cool - thanks for the answer.

I think it would be funny if right after he testifies before congress in the movie if he wipped out the suitcase with the Mark V suit (as seen on the figure), puts it on and goes "later suckers!" and proceeds to jet straight out of capital hill... hehe....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 4, 2010, 05:07 PM »
The lack of villains in these superhero lines makes no sense to me either. I remember as a kid I collected ninja turtles, and had wanted to get into the Batman Animated stuff as well. I wasn't interested in having 20 different versions of the turtles and batman, the figures I wanted most were the bad guys and other wierdos. They were generally much more interesting looking to me anyway, but maybe most kids these days don't think the same way? Either that or toy companies are very out of touch with what kids actually want, but who knows for sure. On that note, i'm happy to see the Iron Man line actually does have some non Iron Man characters coming, we've got Whiplash, Nick Fury and Black Widow from the movie line and comic Iron Monger, Titanium Man and Guardsman from the comic series, pretty weak as far as numbers go, but still not terrible compared to a lot of other hero lines I've seen over the years. Hopefully we'll see it continue a bit and expand the supporting characters and villains a bit more. A comic version of Whiplash would be cool, seeing as he is in the movie and all.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 4, 2010, 05:15 PM »
comic Iron Monger?  This is the first I have heard about this - anyone got a link to a pic?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 4, 2010, 06:15 PM »
comic Iron Monger?  This is the first I have heard about this - anyone got a link to a pic?

It's big and blue - I think it's either int he Fwoosh Toy Fair photos or on marvelousnews.com
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 4, 2010, 06:38 PM »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 4, 2010, 10:12 PM »
Whoah, that IS a sweet looking figure!

Anyone have the official lists for waves 2 and 3?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #67 on: March 5, 2010, 01:19 AM »
Picked up comic War Machine, movie Mark III, and a clearanced Iron Monger from the first movie for $2.74 at my local Target tonight.

I've only opened the Mark III, and it's great.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 5, 2010, 11:26 AM »
http://www.comicfigs.net/News/images/N85_573.jpg

There it is.Looks pretty nice.

wow - that is the first I have seen that.  I am not real up on the comics - collected a little bit when I was a kid - but not Iron Man.  That comic Iron Monger looks like a cross between Iron Monger (of course) and Apocalypse to me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 5, 2010, 12:44 PM »
He was much cooler in the comics I thought.  An all blue look was sweet and a much more menacing design.  He also didn't swarf Iron Man like the movie version did.  
« Last Edit: March 5, 2010, 03:44 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 5, 2010, 01:17 PM »
/agreed

the more and more I look at that picture the more and more it is a definite buy.  I can see him being my Iron Monger Mark 2 - a sleeker, more powerful and efficient design than what I am currently using now (Iron Monger open canopy version from IM1.)

this figure is knockers  <--- lol at language filter - I like it!   ;D

« Last Edit: March 5, 2010, 01:20 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 5, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Snagged comic regular Iron Man and comic War Machine tonight. I only planned on getting War Machine but I saw Iron Man and realized he is about 10 times better than the Marvel Universe version, and at just under $7 why not? Also the foot flames are kickass.

And I agree on the Hero to Villain ratio. I never did care for the "Different Colored Suit with Random Exciting Accessory" variants of heroes, I was just happy with the "original/boring" version and wanted villains to fight.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #72 on: March 5, 2010, 09:16 PM »
I almost bought a bunch more of these today at lunch, but ended up only going with the Deep Dive version for right now.  For some reason I think he's really cool.  I really like the Mark III and VI versions, and War Machine, but I might hold off as I will really want to buy something coming out of the movie theater, and Black Widow will be nowhere to be found.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 5, 2010, 10:28 PM »
So far I've picked up War Machine, Crimson Dynamo, 1st Appearance Armor and the movie Marks 1 and 2. I'm holding off on the others, I bet there'll be a nice sale somewhere around the time the movie comes out so I'll pick up the rest then.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 6, 2010, 12:52 PM »
All of the stores in town seem to have a pretty good supply of these now, the comic ones in particular.  I'm going back and forth on whether or not I want to pick up some of the concept ones.  With all the different armors Iron Man goes through, almost anything can fit in with a little hall of armor display or something.  I'm holding off for now, although I did pick up the Mark 1 (movie) armor today - and saw a bunch more comic War Machines.  The one figure I haven't seen very regularly is the movie War Machine.  So far, I've grabbed:

Movie
Mark I
Mark III
Mark VI
War Machine

Comic
First Appearance Iron Man
War Machine
Crimson Dynamo

Also, although not in this line, the Marvel Universe Iron Man (the newer, Extremis one) is a really nice figure if you're looking for a more modern comic Iron Man.  Very well done, and much better than the first one done last year I think.