Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112838 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #90 on: March 9, 2010, 02:32 AM »
Looking these over a bit I noticed that all of the movie ones have a peg hole in their back. I wonder if this feature was designed with anything specific in mind, like flight stands or something. It would be pretty neat to be able to do some flying poses and whatnot.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 9, 2010, 10:10 PM »
These figs are nice and all for the most part, but not my cup of tea - personally.  Thankfully I didn't get sucked into 84 different versions of Ironman.  Back to the store they go.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2010, 07:41 AM »
Well - I finally saw the new trailer - I guess I got the answer to my question on whether or not the suitcase armor is in the film!  ;D

This movie looks better than the first one and the first one was great...

I'm glad Hasbro went back and made the three suits from the first movie for this line. I may just have to pick up the Mark I - Mark VI suits...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2010, 08:22 AM »
Do it - grab the coupons and go to TRU this week, you will get a heck of a deal!  The only disappoinment you may experience is that there is only a minor difference between Mark IV and Mark VI.  The arc light of the Mkrk IV is a circle, the arc light of Mark VI is an upside down triangle - otherwise, unless I am mistaken, they are the exact same.

Don't miss out on Hypervelocity armor as well.  While I haven't really opened any of mine yet, I think that one might be up there with one of my favorites. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2010, 09:54 AM »

Don't miss out on Hypervelocity armor as well.  While I haven't really opened any of mine yet, I think that one might be up there with one of my favorites. 

Oddly enough, the Hypervelocity armor is probably my least favorite of the Concept series.  I really like the look of the Deep Dive Armor, and the Power Assault is cool because it looks like a jacked up Iron Man.  After opening the Hypervelocity, I liked it ... but I wasn't blown away by it (relatively speaking).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Thanks to my wife paying for these (I don't get paid until tomorrow), I scored the following at my local Wal*Mart:

Mark IV
Mark V
Mark VI
Mark VI (light up)
Movie War Machine
Inferno Armor

I haven't yet opened them all up yet. The Mark V looks SICK! (in a good way of course)

For the moment I'm going to keep the Mark VI light up and the Inferno Armor carded. I wasn't completely thrilled with the paint apps on these two and that AFTER having gone through the whole on-peg inventory. I checked at least a half dozen of each figure before finally deciding on the ones to buy.

Woot, so now I think I'm currently cuaght up.

But I also know there is coming:
Comic Blue Iron  Monger
Movie Whiplash
Movie/Comic Black Widows
Nick Fury
Helmet off Iron Man
Helmet off War Machine

Seen here: http://www.popeater.com/2010/02/26/iron-man-2-action-figures-unveiled/

Here's the Comic Iron Monger:
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Well i think i have what i want until the new ones are released. I keep skipping on IV, V, and VI. I like III the best and IV and VI seem too similar. V i just can't get in to.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2010, 03:57 PM »
V i just can't get in to.

Did you see the last 10 seconds of this week's new trailer!?

That armor is sick!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2010, 04:30 PM »

That armor is sick!

That's what I'm saying!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2010, 04:59 PM »

That armor is sick!

That's what I'm saying!

I agree, it looks in the trailer but the figure doesnt work. I am hoping they release a btter version down the line.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2010, 06:26 PM »
Picked up some non-Hasbro Iron Man 2 toys this weekend.

Megbloks has some sets out as well as "magnetic" Iron Men.

Megabloks is similar to LEGO.

I got a small set that had the Mark IV in it as well as this nifty carrying case that includes a base magnetic figure with 3 IM armor sets. Those were Mark II, Mark IV, and Mark V. Though the Mark IV was mislabeled as the Mark III. THe case itself if cool. Similar to the one if the movie that Stark carries that becomes the Mark V armor.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2010, 09:36 PM »
Even though i wasnt crazy about the Mark V figure, i picked one up. I have to say it looks much better out of the package so i am glad i picked it up.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2010, 02:06 PM »
Even though i wasnt crazy about the Mark V figure, i picked one up. I have to say it looks much better out of the package so i am glad i picked it up.

Good for you man. Yeah it's a little bit of a departure from what we know as Iron Man.

But the good thing is Iron Man is KNOWN for tinkering with his armor and making variants, so this isn't too far out of the realm.

About the Movie War Machine, I've only been able to find this at WM. And then only once. I saw 4-5 of them and should have picked up two. Man they went FAST. I want to get a second one to make both shoulder guns match (using the smaller ones).

I check how much I've spent on IM2 vs SW and man it's practically a tie. While Hasbro is losing money on me for SW, they are getting it right back for IM2 toys.

I wonder if this is their evil plan...LOL.

Seriously though we have seen in the last couple of years where Hasbro has opted to hold back SW in preference of other movie toy lines only to come back to SW once those other movie lines die down or fizzle out entirely.

I understand that thinking, but I'm not excited about it. I'd still much prefer new SW all year 'round.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2010, 08:26 PM »
I really liked how Hasbro didn't use any rubber bands or anything to hold these figures onto the blister...kuddos!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2010, 09:44 AM »
I really liked how Hasbro didn't use any rubber bands or anything to hold these figures onto the blister...kuddos!

Of all the figure I bought only one was a little warped. The lower left leg on my Mark III was warped towards the left side. I just took a small rubberband and lightly wrapped that around the lower legs. I waited a few days and now it looks just fine. Other than that there has been no warping.

On the whole these figures are great. I had a couple of paint issues with the Mark VI, Mark VI (lightup) and the Mark IV. Other than those the rest were stellar.

I've been very satisfied with the quality of this line so far. I only wish we would get more villains. Though I know Whiplash is on the way. I hope the Iron Drones are too.