Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 4  (Read 13762 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #45 on: October 9, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Looks like they're hitting here again.  Since saying I'd only seen that single Robin I've seen them three times - twice I saw a couple of GLs and Sinestros, and today I found the whole wave.  I have heard of other wave 4 sightings in KC as well.

John

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2008, 10:20 AM »
Pics have been shown of some upcoming 2-packs.  Has there been any word on when these are supposed to be released?  Also, are they Target exclusives, or are they supposed to have a wider release?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Has anyone been seeing Wave 4 (Wonder Woman wave) at retail yet?  I had noticed some reports of it hitting some Targets I believe, but I wasn't sure how widespread that was.  I did originally have this wave preordered online, but realized that I probably shouldn't be spending so much on each wave with figures I didn't necessarily need.  Anyways, I'd really like to pick up Wonder Woman (and possibly Cyborg and Batman Beyond as well), and was just curious if these had shown up anywhere yet.  I know that Wave 3 is just barely around here (usually just GL), and other than that its usually just Etrigan and/or Red Tornado.  If this is how distribution is going to continue to be, it makes it tempting to continue to order cases online.  Of course, the fact that they are taking individual figure orders for 2009 should hopefully help things.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2008, 09:32 AM »
I found everyone, including Artemis, except Batman Beyond earlier this week at Target (and from what I gather, multiple people also had the same luck at multiple Targets in Massachusetts).  I bought everything I wanted and canceled my pre-order with CSC (for a minimum fee).  I don't know how soon the Targets will restock, usually they get a case or two and then there's empty pegs for weeks.  I just need to track down BB's Despero piece and I'll be almost caught up until the next wave hits (still need that classic Aquaman from wave 2, hopefully those revision cases hit soon).

These things should have a red sticker on the front of them.  Other than finding wave 1 at TRU, Target is the only place I've seen them.  Walmart absolutely sucks.  I have never seen any DC, ML Ares or ML FFF wave there (and that concerns me regarding their DC exclusive wave).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Yeah, Target has been the only place carrying these around here too.  TRU had Wave 1 for a bit, then - very briefly - Wave 2 as well, but now they don't even have peg space for this line.  Wal-Mart hasn't had any of them, and even their Marvel Legend stuff (the Ares wave) is just on a small rack on the end of the aisle next to the endcaps (no place in the action figure aisle).  I've seen Waves 1 and 3 at Target (Wave 2 wasn't ever there - and seems to be the toughest find so far), and currently our closest store has 1 each of Etrigan, Orion, and Green Lantern I believe.  I don't know that a lot of stock is going through, but they seem to sell out (or close) as soon as they hit around here.  Of course, with these priced at $10-11 and sitting next to smaller lines (SW, Indy, Joe) at $8, or the competing Legends line ($15), these are starting to look like a bargain in some ways.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2008, 02:53 PM »
I'm still shocked that Wal Mart has an exclusive DCU line.  They're not carrying anything from the 6" or 3 3/4" line.  I'm sure it's so they could use their own series to test the market, and to avoid the risk of the first four waves sitting around before their exclusive wave hits, but it still seems a bit strange to me.

Haven't seen wave 4 around here personally but I've heard more than one person say they've found bits of it. 

John

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 03:22 PM »
It's funny, but Walmart Canada carried series 1 and it sold very well.  I know of a couple of stores that went through everything 4-5 times minimum.  That's saying something because the market is quite small.  Since that wave though they seem to have dropped it completely, meaning no retailers carrying it up here at all. 

I did get wave 1 at retail here.  I got wave 2 from OCB and wave 3 I just bought off ebay with the variant Sinestro.  Thankfully those were the only three waves I wanted the BAF from.  Kinda painful buying a couple of figures from wave 1, but Metamorpho was a favorite of mine as a kid so I couldn't pass it up.  Now I get to be selective going forward. 

Still really wanting a Flash and a Green Arrow from this line though.  Captain Cold?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Still really wanting a Flash and a Green Arrow from this line though.  Captain Cold?

Wave 7, rumored to be coming, Wave 7...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #53 on: November 3, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Thanks to JohnH and a local shop, I'm caught up with DCUC - I ended up getting series 3 friday, and series 4 on saturday.
I have a bit of a problem though that I'm hoping someone can help out with. 

The right arm for Despero (that came with Cyborg) has some sort of a manufacturing defect.  The joint on the shoulder socket has some excess plastic, so it can't move.  Because of this, the only way I can put the arm in is to have it sticking straight out.  This issue is compounded by the fact that the pin that goes into the body is also messed up, so the arm just falls out.  I just got off the phone with Mattels customer support, and they don't have replacement parts for these guys.  So although they are going to send me out a voucher for the value of the figure, that doesn't do me much good for replacing the arm.  If the figures were available on shelves it wouldn't be a big deal - I could just go buy another one with the voucher.  But I had to get series 4 through a collector shop, and it was the only one.

So if there is anyone who has picked up Cyborg (who's completely awesome btw) and has no interest on building Despero, please let me know.  Hopefully we can arrange some sort of appropriate cost for the arm.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #54 on: November 3, 2008, 10:16 AM »
I finally got my case with Artemis and the regular Captain Atom :) I need a Batman Beyond still though. so with that...

I have an extra MOC Wonder Woman that i would like to trade for a MOC Batman Beyond. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2008, 10:17 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #55 on: November 3, 2008, 10:21 AM »
I was checking our Targets for Wave 4 this weekend (pretty much caught up with SW at the moment), but didn't see anything from this wave at all.  I did see 1 Sinestro, and 3-4 Green Lanterns between a couple stores, but that was about it.  This line continues to be pretty scarce overall around here.  Part of me wishes I would have kept my preorder for a case of these, but I just can't afford to do that with every wave - and I don't necessarily need every single figure.  I'd like to get WW, Cyborg, and Batman Beyond if possible - but if nothing else I'd at least like to pick up Wonder Woman so I continue completing a nice JLA set up.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #56 on: November 3, 2008, 09:02 PM »
I was checking our Targets for Wave 4 this weekend (pretty much caught up with SW at the moment), but didn't see anything from this wave at all.  I did see 1 Sinestro, and 3-4 Green Lanterns between a couple stores, but that was about it.  This line continues to be pretty scarce overall around here.  Part of me wishes I would have kept my preorder for a case of these, but I just can't afford to do that with every wave - and I don't necessarily need every single figure.  I'd like to get WW, Cyborg, and Batman Beyond if possible - but if nothing else I'd at least like to pick up Wonder Woman so I continue completing a nice JLA set up.

I've seen all of the GL wave so far, but they haven't hung around for long.  Wonder Woman has been going for under $15 if you're worried about getting her at retail.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today