Author Topic: 2022 3.75" GI Joe - The Return of the O-Ring!  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2022 3.75" GI Joe - The Return of the O-Ring!
« Reply #15 on: December 8, 2021, 12:14 PM »
Did they drop Ripcord to 16,000 from 17,000?  I could've sworn it was 17,000.

No, it was always 13k Scarlett, 16k Rip-Cord and 18k Pit Crew.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 02:13 PM »
Live stream today revealed a new Cobra Officer/Cobra Trooper 2-pack and Cobra Commander/Duke 2-pack coming to Pulse this Spring. 

Nice to see them leverage the Cobra sculpts from the Skystriker Haslab to get some army builder troopers out.  I'll definitely grab a couple of the Cobra Trooper 2-packs.  I'll also grab the CC/Duke set to open - then I can leave the Mickey Mouse variant CC from the Skystriker Haslab nice and minty on his card. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:15 PM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 11:47 AM »
Honestly, I am really excited about the return of the o-ring figures. A couple years ago I started tracking down some Joes I always wanted as a kid, and many of those have gotten PRICEY. I’m all in for these new packs. I was super bummed I wasn’t able to back the Skystriker, but between being right before Christmas and our water heater deciding to go out, I just didn’t think it was a great idea at the time. Definitely regretting it though. Excited for the rest of this line though, got notice that the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow pack is shipping soon. Between these and the Classified announcements, the Joe team is really killing it these days.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 04:04 PM »
I am going to try really really hard to not buy any of these.  Already finished my GI Joe shelf...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2022, 11:18 AM »
Received my preorder of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow yesterday. They look great, and painting the rivets at the shoulder and elbow really helps. Not sure if they’re metal or plastic, to be honest. They hold their weapons easily, and I’m not worried about breaking the thumbs. Speaking of weapons, included are an extra pair of nunchucks and an extra Uzi, as well as the gun, sword, and backpack from the v3 Snake Eyes for some reason.

The plastic on the legs is different that any other Joe figure I own, which is strange. It’s got a matte finish and looks weird. And also, the hole for the backpack and screw is smaller, as in it won’t fit vintage backpacks of vehicles like the CLAW or Jet Pack. The backpack included with this Storm Shadow will not fit a vintage figure, which I assume was done so that people can’t pass them off as vintage stuff. Same with the backpack included with Snake Eyes.

Still a nice set, and it’s great to get o-ring stuff again. But I’m not buying carded doubles anymore, as these came on those same godawful cards the Walmart retro figures come on, and that to me isn’t worth another $20 to keep MOC.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2022, 11:25 AM »
Received my preorder of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow yesterday.

Got mine too. Agree that I can't really see myself buying doubles on these because the card-backs feel so slim/thin.  REally hoping they up the cardback game on these for the next releases and the Skystriker figures.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2022, 01:06 PM »
Got mine as well.  They look good.  It's interesting that SEv2 is shown on the packaging when it's SEv1 inside.  But glad to finally own him.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2022, 01:51 PM »
Just got mine delivered today, same feelings as all of you. I’m really excited that they are going back to these, and I hope the line continues for awhile. I was hesitant at first to open them as well, but like you mentioned the card backs are so thin. So thin in fact that even with being inside the print box, outer box, and shipping box there are still creases on mine. It doesn’t matter, I want to open them anyways. Just can’t understand why the card stock on these and TVC is so cruddy but the Marvel retro stuff (both 3 3/4” and 6”) is very sturdy. Kind of wish these were coming out with a little more frequency, like 15-20 per year, but maybe we will get there eventually.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2022, 01:48 PM »
I'm surprised by the price tag on the 2-packs.  I can understand the previous one since it was a con exclusive... I guess these are exclusive, too, since they're only available on Pulse.  I just figured they'd be about the price of a Star Wars figure... so around $30.  Any news as to why they're priced the way they are?  Maybe I'm missing something here.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2022, 01:54 PM »
Any news as to why they're priced the way they are? 

Hasbro reasons:
- Exclusive (only at Hasbro Pulse)
- Low production numbers
- double-packaging (carded then put into graphics box with small "weapons locker" with extra bonus accessories)

Real reason:
- cashing in on nostalgia?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2022, 04:09 PM »
Received my Cobra Officer/Trooper sets today. They feel a little cheap, but I suppose that’s just because of the softer plastic. What is nice is that the sets feature an arsenal of extra weapons. Zap’s bazooka, Short-Fuse’s mortar, and the guns from Grunt, Stalker, and Rock & Roll.

I do wish Hasbro would let us order more than two, since I never owned these figures and wouldn’t mind a couple more sets.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2023, 06:09 PM »
Got my HasLab Skystriker shipping notice from Hasbro Pulse today.  Should be here early next week!  :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2023, 10:14 AM »
Got my HasLab Skystriker shipping notice from Hasbro Pulse today.  Should be here early next week!  :)

That's cool.  Seems like a quick turn-around on this (I forget when it was up).  I was on the fence about it but ultimately opted not to... 

EDIT: Okay, looked above.  A little over a year.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 11:30 AM by P-Siddy »