Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198775 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #420 on: September 30, 2007, 09:48 PM »
I'll get a couple HISS tanks for sure. I like those.

Scored a Serpentor from one of our fine JD folks last night. I love it, except for the face sculpt. He looks like he just farted in public with that grin.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #421 on: September 30, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Just got home from the Convention...

Here are some pics:

And the best surprise ever, look what was in my mailbox:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #422 on: September 30, 2007, 10:19 PM »
HOLY **** NUGGETS.  WOW!   :o  Blowtorch and that other Dreadnock (Monkey Wrench?? ) look amazing!!  Very cool to see the return of that black rubber tube thingy.  Firefly, Shipwreck, Snowjob all look spectacular!!  Can't wait to see more of this stuff!!  I was thinking about dipping back into the vintage stuff, but I'm going to pass...   8)

I also gathered from the Q&A summary on (I think) HissTank.com that some of the 5-pack figures will be rereleased as carded figures, such as the Cobra Airborne Trooper.  Any word on who else might be a part of the possible rereleases?  A Gung-Ho with fixed floppy hips, perhaps?

Here here!  My Gung Ho and Snake Eyes v1 seriously need a replacement.  I hope these two get recarded soon so I can return my limp-legged versions that absolutley refuse to stand even with a stand.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #423 on: September 30, 2007, 10:36 PM »
HOLY **** NUGGETS.  WOW!   :o  Blowtorch and that other Dreadnock (Monkey Wrench?? ) look amazing!! 

That would be Torch and Ripper.
 ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #424 on: September 30, 2007, 10:45 PM »
HOLY **** NUGGETS.  WOW!   :o  Blowtorch and that other Dreadnock (Monkey Wrench?? ) look amazing!! 

That would be Torch and Ripper.
 ;)

I seem to be behind the times....Thanks for the clarification!  :) 

Where the hell did I get Monkey Wrench from?  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #425 on: September 30, 2007, 11:53 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #426 on: October 1, 2007, 12:15 AM »
OK...someone clue me in one the following.  There seem to be some HUGE holes in the 25th Line...namely the following:

Zartan
Tomax and Xamot
Major Bludd

Are these being released, rumored etc?  The list of Joes is also long but its been a while since I watched/collected etc and I know there are a few that should probably be released (Hawk, Wild Bill, Bazooka)  They seem like bigger holes in the line than completing the Dreadnoks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #427 on: October 1, 2007, 12:52 AM »
Zartan is due out in the basic figure line.  You can see his silhouette on the cardback.  But Major Bludd, Tomax & Xamot are curious omissions.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #428 on: October 1, 2007, 09:08 AM »
sitting in the Q&A right now....

Here's a highlight....
vehicles with drivers...at Target in Spring..Hiss Tank with Cobra Soldier, Shark (called something else)  with Grand Slam and AWE...Striker with Crank Case...TRU will have Troop Builders  Cobra and Ninja.

THAT JUST MADE MY DAY!!!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #429 on: October 1, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Just an FYI that Targets in Minnesota received basic wave 2 figs this weekend.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #430 on: October 1, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Just an FYI that Targets in Minnesota received basic wave 2 figs this weekend.

Ya, we were like two weeks behind though  ;)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #431 on: October 1, 2007, 10:03 AM »
I think it is premature to say that a 6 month old line has "Holes"...

But, the Dreadnoks are part of the Comic 2 Pack line, so not actually the "Basic" line.

Here are the rest of my photos...WITH Carded Zartan just for Scott...

And the 2 Stalkers..the Darker Green is the corrected version.

Comic Packs: With Hawk (v1) and Scarlett, (Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow and Duke vs. Cobra Commander not shown)

Vehicles:

Hiss Tank with 'Driver'

Shark (Night Stalker I think) with Grand Slam:

Mail Away Doc...

Wave 1 of 2008
Snake Eyes all Black (true V1)

Flash His Final Production will have the Quilted Look..

Destro Iron Grenadier...he will have a red Soft Goods cape

Crimson Guard, helmet is not removable that I can tell.

SnowJob

« Last Edit: October 1, 2007, 10:03 AM by Paul »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #432 on: October 1, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Thanks for the pics Paul.  Things are continuing to look pretty good for the upcoming Joe stuff.  I have really thought about stopping these, simply because there was so much out there to collect overall for me right now (Star Wars, Marvel, DC, and soon Indy) - but this makes it tougher.  I'm really going to have to consider where to go from here, because this Joe stuff continues to impress.  I wouldn't (and couldn't) ever be a completist with these, but I might have to pick up some more - funds allowing.  The vehicles are tempting to me too, since I had very few as a kid - but the Star Wars ones take up enough room as it is.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #433 on: October 1, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Getting a little disgusted after reading Hasbro's QnA.  This is Transformer Classics all over again.  Granted we're going to be getting new figures and small vehicles for the next year and some change, but it's just another GREAT filler line like the TF Classics were until the movie comes out in 09.  I can see the same thing happening - everybody falls in love with the 25th Joes and nostalgia sets in. 

Then the movie comes out and "ruins" everything and everybody will scream and hide...Then people will give in to the movie and the toys just as they did with Transformers.  So I think the movie toys will run for about a year, then it's back to the 25th version Joes.  GI Joe doesn't have a new cartoon to support with toys like Transformers does every 2 years, but movie sequels are inevitable.

I thought it interesting though that Hasbro isn't ready to cross Transformers with Joes yet as they want them to be "true to themselves."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #434 on: October 1, 2007, 03:08 PM »
I thought I heard something on one of the news stations last week that GI Joe did in fact have a cartoon in production.  I have no idea when it would be out, but they made it sound like it was coming out fairly soon?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today