Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 211678 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #855 on: March 3, 2008, 06:54 PM »
I saw those three tonight at a WM but passed.  I did buy an Ace/Wild Weasel comic pack though.  Still haven't seen the Tomax/Xamot pack.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #856 on: March 4, 2008, 03:03 PM »
First time I passed buying something new- the Ace/Wild Weasel 2-pack- and not because it isn't good, but because I gotta cut back!  I think I'm limiting my buying to only '82 and '83 waves since those were my absolute favorites back in the day.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #857 on: March 4, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Wave 7 carded and loose

Man, that card art has me sold on the Duke in this wave.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #858 on: March 4, 2008, 11:25 PM »
Wave 7 carded and loose

Man, that card art has me sold on the Duke in this wave.

Sweet!  I'm a carded SW collector and I originally jumped into the Joe line as an opener, but w4 fixed that real quick.  I can't believe how high some of the variants are fetching on Ebay....let alone SE v2 and Flint.  Sucks having to backtrack on this line, but I'm very close to having a completed carded set.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #859 on: March 5, 2008, 12:25 AM »
Wow, I hadn't looked at any of the secondary market prices on these in a while.  I can't believe there are some auctions for the SE v2 with black wolf that have sold for over $100.  Even the Shipwreck with the shark tat have shot up.

I passed on the Shipwreck in the $10 range cause I thought that was too much, now I see some on there for over $30.  I'm not hunting the variants so I'm not really concerned but, man, that's some difference from just 2 months ago or so.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #860 on: March 5, 2008, 08:44 AM »
This isn't mine, but I'm tempted to sell my $6 baby puke Stalker if I can fetch $181 for it.  Not bad...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #861 on: March 5, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I've decided that I'm out after Wave 5 and Tomax/Xamot..no space and with Indy coming...no more additional moolah

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #862 on: March 5, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I've decided that I'm out after Wave 5 and Tomax/Xamot..no space and with Indy coming...no more additional moolah

I never knew you were in Scotty.  Hope you enjoyed the ride.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #863 on: March 5, 2008, 03:55 PM »

I think I'm having to head that way as well, as much as I like the product.  I'd really like to get the Tomax/Xamot set (I've seen all from this wave but this one), and I might grab a few things here and there (I want a couple of the DVD sets just to have the shows - figures are a bonus) - but after that, I'm likely out too.  Same issues as Scott mentioned - no space, no money.  I was just rearranging things last night a bit, and with all the SW stuff on the way, along with Indy and Marvel, and the DC display growing a lot this year - I just don't have the room, let alone the money.  I'm still trying to figure out where I'll fit that AT-TE :).

I figure that I had to choose between Joes and DCUC, and I have a lot of my favorites from the Joe line at this point already (although there are others) - and the DC line is just getting started for me.  There's still a lot more characters I'd like to pick up there.  Man, it would be so much easier to just stick to collecting one line :).

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #864 on: March 6, 2008, 09:24 AM »
FYI - I found a boatload of new figures at Wal-Mart today:
IG Destro x2, Snow Job, Snake Eyes x2, Flash, Crimson x4, CC in battle Armor, RocknRoll, and Torpedo.

Keep your eyes peeled......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #865 on: March 6, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I'm only keeping 82-85 for myself, plus a couple of later releases here and there.  Beachhead and Armored Cobra Commander so far, and there may be one or two in the future.  For the most part though, the coming waves aren't offering a lot that I'm interested in.  Probably a good thing.

I did *finally* find a full set of Wave 4 at K-Mart two days ago, I found wave 6 at Wal Mart this morning, and it looks like Target is getting wave 6 as well as I found the remnants at one yesterday afternoon.  Wave 6 looks pretty good, though I haven't opened them yet to see details.  Rock N Roll seems to be getting a bad rap but I really like him from what I can tell.

And I upped my Crimson Guard total to 7.  :P

John

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #866 on: March 6, 2008, 10:43 AM »
I just keep getting sucked back into this line.  Picked up Rock-N-Roll last night along with Torpedo.  Ugh.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #867 on: March 6, 2008, 04:30 PM »
I hope Alpine, Bazooka, Dusty and Sgt. Slaughter make the line cut before this line ends.
I am glad I am not an Indy fan. Mr. Jones seems to be the deciding factor for other members collecting this line without gripes or guilt. I think this line has way more potential but that just my opinion. Anything past the 1988 series just got down right dumb. 88 had some decent characters, so that's my cut off point.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #868 on: March 6, 2008, 04:43 PM »
I hope Alpine, Bazooka, Dusty and Sgt. Slaughter make the line cut before this line ends.
I am glad I am not an Indy fan. Mr. Jones seems to be the deciding factor for other members collecting this line without gripes or guilt. I think this line has way more potential but that just my opinion. Anything past the 1988 series just got down right dumb. 88 had some decent characters, so that's my cut off point.

I would hope they'd aleast get to those first three, plus I want BBQ & Blowtorch thrown in there as well.  Some more assorted Vipers would be nice.  Slaughter just doesn't seem like a very good choice IMO. 

I bailed on GIJOE in 89 I beleive or it could have been 88 (whatever year the Alley Viper came out) and there were some good figs that year, but this line went way south after that.

I loved the Indy flicks, but I just don't care to own a line of toys based off the movie so I'm stickin with my core three of SW, TF, & Joes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #869 on: March 6, 2008, 05:11 PM »
I'm thinking I'll cut off anything made after 1988 or so too... maybe 1989.  I think the whole point to this line anyway is to make figures from the glory days of Joe toys anyway, so I don't see them doing too many of the lame designs.  At least I hope not.