Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 108592 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #360 on: July 19, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Picked up 4 more figs at TRU today... Reactive Armor Duke, another Cover Girl, Ice Viper, Neo Viper.

My Walmarts have a ton of these in stock too, might do a price match this week.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #361 on: July 19, 2009, 03:33 PM »
Went to TRU today to check out the 2 for 9.99 sale.  Resisted absolutely everything including the exclusive Firefly and BBQ, even at the sale price.  With today's purchase, that brings my total Rise of Cobra figure count to zero.

Now I'm sure I'm not interested.

I do want a few of those Joe rifles though.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #362 on: July 19, 2009, 08:27 PM »
Caved and picked up SE, Storm Shadow, Firefly, & BBQ at TRU this morning.  Not sure if I'm going to go full boar into this line or not, but I'm thinking of stocking up on a bunch of these $5 versions to return to Target in case I do.  $6.99 is somewhat tolorable, but I'm not going for SW prices even though every figure comes with a big stupid rocket launcher.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #363 on: July 20, 2009, 12:18 PM »
I stopped by TRU but didn't end up buying much of anything.  It looked like they were fairly picked over though - might end up hitting the store later in the week again.  Anyways, I got a chance to open up the handful of movie figures I've picked up - and I have to say, despite what you might think of the movie and/or movie designs, these figures seem really well done to me.  So far, I've got both the Snake Eyes, the masked SS, Cobra Commander, Destro, Duke, and an Ice Viper - all of which are very well done I think.  Not sure if I'll get anymore or not, but I like these.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #364 on: July 20, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I picked up Sgt. Stone and Barbecue with TRU's sale yesterday. I was going to get Cobra Commander and Wallace Weems, but I think I've picked up everything I really want from this line, aside from some exclusives.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2009, 01:53 AM »
I stopped in WM today just to see if they'd put anything out after reading the other reports here.  Nada.  Not a single Joe figure in the store.  But they added an aisle display of G-Force figures!!   ::) 

Target stocked a bunch of figures since I was in there Saturday but I didn't pay close attention.  I was busy re-pegging the 2008 wave 4 figures that my Target freshly stocked last week!  I'm so happy they skipped the ANH, ESB and AOTC wave to get in more Bail and Breha Organa figures. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2009, 01:35 PM »
new figs

The SS repaint looks pretty sweet and I love that figure, but not sure what to think about the others - especially that dude with the hat.  What's that "thing" that comes with Duke?  Thought I saw that included with another fig a week or so ago, but not sure.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2009, 02:28 PM »
especially that dude with the hat. 

That just looks like standard digital camo.  That's would probably make a really good base figure for troop building if the neck post is compatible with other heads.  Maybe create a whole bunch of Pit Commandos with digital camo instead of the Gucciflage.

What's that "thing" that comes with Duke?  Thought I saw that included with another fig a week or so ago, but not sure.

That's the same thing that came with Paris Pursuit Storm Shadow, only his was black and grey.  It's a suction cup with handles.  I guess you're supposed to hang people from windows or walls or whatever.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Sucks to be Desert Viper in ALL Black leather gimp suit.  But at least he has goggles and tan/gold accents.

I am going to go ahead and hate on Hasbro and what AOTC/ROTS/Clone Wars has done to Army Building (or what perhaps Army Builders have done to Army Building and I admittedly troop build like a 30's era Dictator)... these Movie Cobra Troops SUCK.  I can't stand the Zombie/Skull helmets and Scarab Armor.  Then to just "Skittle" them with the rainbow of colors and give them names is Lazy.  I know it is the Movie Maker's fault too, but hopefully as we move past the "Movie"  line in to the "More Movie" line (as they claim will be 2010 line) they will find a good helmet to give the troops. I like the MARS Troopers most of all and they are MIA at retail, I've bought all mine from BlacksheepToys on eBay.

The greatest hypocrisy is that I will army build these things though, mainly because my 25th and Resolute Cobra figures cannot be tainted with the stink of ROC Cobra Commander.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #369 on: July 21, 2009, 04:25 PM »
eFranks is right, that's just regular digital camo BDU's it seems, or at least Hasbro's attempt at them.

If you wanna see a GOOD paintjob of those, check out the FOrces of Valor modern guys at Target next time you're there.  THey're clearancing them to make room, hopefully, for their Spec. Forces guys coming.  Anyway though, their paintjobs are outstandingly realistic.  Best modern figures ever made, and cheap.  They'd make a great set of back-up for desert Duke. :)

And why does Duke have a katana?  He a ninja now too?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #370 on: July 21, 2009, 04:54 PM »
I didn't notice the sword before.  It's from the new Snake Eyes.  Oddly enough, that new Desert Viper has Snake's sword from the 25th release.  I guess everyone is a ninja.  Just like in the 80's.   :P

E...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #371 on: July 21, 2009, 05:25 PM »
It is a case of be careful what you wish for.

Alot of fanboys wanted it more like the RAH days..they should have said Early RAH..not last when Comic even changed to "Snake Eyes and GI Joe" and every issue was Ninja Force.

It is kinda like how every figure in the PT comes with a lightsaber or two.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2009, 06:01 PM »
I was really tempted on the maskless Storm Shadow today, but I don't want to start down a path.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #373 on: July 22, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Hisstank.com has some pics up of the Hasbro booth.  The battle stations look pretty cool.  Some new 5 packs (not cool, but I will buy them) and another Dusty without his Harness.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #374 on: July 22, 2009, 06:20 PM »
Hisstank.com has some pics up of the Hasbro booth.  The battle stations look pretty cool.

Yes they do, but I'll probably never see them since they're giving these sets to WM.    >:(