Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104289 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #705 on: December 1, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Cracked open my Past & Present set today.  The "vinty" Snow Job is really cool, but it makes you wonder if H will expand on this format - and/or if they'll go this route and re-release most of the vintage Joes this way - new plastic o-ring style w/rubbery hands after ROC/POC.  Lovin the old school Snowmobile!   8)

Not that Hasbro would ever answer that, but Paul - I was wondering if you could ask them if they ever intended on going down the Titanium route with their vehicles in the mini format back when Joe reinvented itself in 07?  I would have loved that!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #706 on: December 1, 2009, 10:09 PM »
Hasbro made some statements at this year's con that the old O-ring molds were pretty much done with.  They're worn out, broken, rusted, generally not in good shape so we probably won't see much in that style again. 

I don't even believe the Club is going to get any more, or much more, use out of them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #707 on: December 1, 2009, 11:21 PM »
...new plastic o-ring style...

I haven't picked up the new 1983 Snow Job repro yet.  What do you mean it has a new plastic o-ring?  Isn't it rubber?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #708 on: December 2, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Sorry - that wasn't worded right.  Snow Job isn't made out of that old school hard vintage plastic - it's the newer 25th style.  He has a rubber o-ring.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #709 on: December 4, 2009, 02:19 PM »
HTS's deal of the day is the MARS trooper 3 pack for $9.99.  I don't really dig the movie stuff for the most part, but I've always thought that these guys look pretty nifty.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #710 on: December 4, 2009, 06:31 PM »
I was just coming in to post about that deal of the day.  That's not bad for that set, 60% off.

HTS.com is also now offereing free shipping on "most" orders over $50 and a free gift with, again, "most" orders over $25.

Also, it looks like the City Strike Snake Eyes has been showing up at Walmart stores.  Several people I've heard from have found it over the last week or so, usually about the same time they've found the ESB wave of Star Wars figures. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #711 on: December 5, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Joes must be moving through here better than they are elsewhere.  Wal Marts and Targets are stuck on the first two waves, but I've seen two of the City Strike Snake Eyes waves move through a couple different Toys R Uses; the first time was several weeks ago.  Sure they're still $8 there, but it beats waiting for Big Boxes to come through.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #712 on: December 6, 2009, 04:08 PM »
In my area, figures really seem to be moving well lately too.  Ever since they went to the $5.00 - $6.00 range at Wal-Mart, the flow of figures on the pegs at all those stores seems to have picked up.  And TRU really for the most part has only their exclusive figures warming the pegs.

Saw something cool today too, a lady with a list picking out figures at Wal-Mart - she had to have put at least a dozen figures into her cart.

I also saw the Air Viper with the missile jetpack at Target today.  Didn't buy it, but was great seeing it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #713 on: December 6, 2009, 04:57 PM »
I also saw the Air Viper with the missile jetpack at Target today.  Didn't buy it, but was great seeing it.

I actually didn't realize that was a vintage mold so I had to pick it up after I initially passed.  Cracked open both of my heetseek mini missle system things and would have liked a few more for my tanks and Stingers to tow behind, but 2 is enough.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #714 on: December 6, 2009, 08:01 PM »
I need to pick up another HEET missile system as well. 

Speaking of those sets, seems they are all hard to find in my area except for the Surveillance Port.  I think the figures packed into that set kind of hurt it... I know that kept me from getting it at least.  I don't care for either figure.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #715 on: December 9, 2009, 07:08 PM »
Dropped into Walmart after work tonight and found a City Strike Snake Eyes for $5!  Haven't opened him yet but probably will a little later.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #716 on: December 10, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Have you guys seen the new pics of the Hiss tank & Vamp?  The tank still looks very interesting to me, but the new jeep just looks so blah..

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #717 on: December 10, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Yep, saw those pics.  Nice to see, but irritated at Hasbro for not having revealed those when they could have I think... they make it sound like nobody is going to get a sniff of pics until February, and BOOM!  Pics like this surface.   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #718 on: December 15, 2009, 12:30 PM »
For anyone interested, City Strike (Resolute) Snake Eyes is currently in stock at HTS.  I went ahead and ordered a couple, since we aren't seeing anything new around here really.  Most of our stores are still full of the initial Rise of Cobra waves, aside from TRU which seems to have their exclusives and not much else.  Glad to have a chance to get this figure, and I hope we see more Resolute stuff down the road.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #719 on: December 15, 2009, 03:45 PM »
I saw CS Snake Eyes again at my local Walmart and also saw him at a WM while I was on the road for work last week.  I did finally open him and he's one of the better Snake Eyes figures in a while.  The backpack with the grappling hooks is kind of an odd accessory, and mine doesn't work that well, but the rest of the set is really slick.

I love the Resolute designs and although I passed on them originally, I think I need to go back and at least get Duke...maybe the BP with him and the Cobra troops. 

Besides, SE, Firefly at TRU and the original 25th releases (including the BP), what other Resolute sculpts have actually made it to retail?  Is the Gung Ho from the WM 2-pack a Resolute version or just happens to look similar?  How about unmade but protos have shown up?  Anyone with a definitive list or a website link to the info?  Preferably with photos.

E...