Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103486 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 04:41 PM »
I wonder how good the parts of that will be for customizing if it goes on clearance?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 05:47 PM »
Man, I don't know.  The Mobile Command Center was kind of cool...because it was the MOBILE command center.  The PIT is supposed to be an underground bunker.  It just doesn't mesh.  Maybe it'll be a good toy, but it's not a good Pit.
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Classic Joe and Cobra 7 packs

Assault on Cobra Island - Outback, Recondo, Zap, Chuckles, Hit & Run, Wetsuit and Ripcord

Defense of Cobra Island - Dr. Mindbender, Range Viper, Alley Viper, Lamprey, BAT, Night Creeper and Strato Viper

Two excellent packs with only one repeat and that one is an army builder and different enough from its carded release(BAT).  Finally getting Zap, Recondo and Wet Suit, three of my most wanted that haven't been made yet.  The other Joes aren't bad either.  And it's always good to get more Vipers.  While I always thought Mindbender was hooky, it's good to get him also.

These certainly take the bad taste of the **** that is the movie toys out of my mouth.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 07:30 PM »
G.I. Joe: ROC Cobra Commander?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:31 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 09:39 PM »
No, according to the Joe Club that's the Neo Viper.  No photos of Cobra Commander yet from what I can find.  But I've been spending most of my time on SW.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Does anyone have this Cobra? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3375275

Does the helmet come off so you can put the hat on??

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 11:08 PM »
I'll have to get two of those Cobra packs. I likes me some Range Vipers. And then there's five other army builders in the pack.
And, we're finally getting Wetsuit in the Joe pack.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 01:50 AM »
Man, Those Classics 7-Packs are awesome finally Zap, Wetsuit, Ripcord and Range Vipers are on the way I going to get both sets. Hasbro should be almost done with the Classics Figs  by doing this. 

Does any have an list of Joes/Cobras from 1982-1990 that are left to do ? They have already did my favorites (Snake Eyes V2, Snow Job, Falcon, Firefly)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 02:16 AM »
I don't really have much of an attachment to the Cobra figures in that set but the Joe figures are cool.  Wish I didn't have to buy a 7-pack to get Recondo but Outback and Wetsuit would be nice to pick up.

Hit and Run looks like a decent figure but Altitude (I guess they had to rename Rip Cord so as not to confuse?  Lame) would also be nice.  I liked the original Rip Cord figure.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Those are awesome sets....but Chuckles?  Chuckles   ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 02:14 PM »
Those are awesome sets....but Chuckles?  Chuckles   ???

Makes you want to laugh, doesn't it, Mikey?  :P

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Those seven packs are sweet.  Even Chuckles doesn't look like a douchey child molestor, which is an accomplishment.  I guess I'll be needing at least two of the Cobra packs.  Also, are these exclusives?  If so, where?

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 12:51 PM »
I've read they'll be online exclusives.  Probably a shared deal where you'll find them on BBTS, EE, GI Joe club, maybe even HTS.com.  Shouldn't be hard to get, just have to pay the shipping.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 01:01 PM »
I'm guessing these must have been the final carded figures for this line before the great hiatus, but they decided to just throw em all in a couple of boxes to be done with it.  Looking forward to them though except for the Range Viper and Night Creeper.  Weren't those Valom vs. Venom figs or something?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 02:47 PM »
No, I think they're based on vintage figures.  There may have been repaints in the VvV line, though. 

The Range Viper and Night Creeper are two of the Cobra figures I think look pretty good.  The BAT is nce as well.  The other three troopers, eh.  Mindbender looks pretty cool, though.

E...