Author Topic: POC Desert Rockslide *IN HAND PICS/REVEIW*  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
POC Desert Rockslide *IN HAND PICS/REVEIW*
« on: March 8, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Got a chance to pick up one of these a little while back, and thought I'd throw some pics up here for you guys.

Usually, I'm dead set against repaints for the sake of repaints, but occasionally Hasbro does such a fine job that it's easy to overlook my general objections.  That's the case with the Desert Rockslide.

While the logistics of driving this vehicle over anything other than sand would be frightening in real life, in a fantasy military world it seems a bit more appealing.  The repaint of the vehicle itself is fantastic.  The three color desert camo work nicely at giving this vehicle a slightly real world look while maintaining the fantastic elements that we've all come to appreciate in Joe.

The vehicle has a new sticker set, including some very cool shark teeth (always a bonus) and kill marks.  Evidently, Dusty is quite the marksman.  As you can see from the pics, I added a small hole in the back of the vehicle to have a stowage area for Dusty's backpack when he's in the cockpit.  It's a little thing, but I dig it.

As for Dusty himself, the figure is much improved in my opinion.  His color palette is a bit darker and warmer and his digi's feature the camo pattern present on many of the other movie style figures.  The contrast of the colored hands and lack of a havelock help to differentiate this version from the previous DVD pack version nicely.  Unfortunately, there is no battle stand.

Overall, I reccomend adding this vehicle and figure to your collection when these show up at retail.  You won't be disappointed.

*MODS* Wasn't really certain where this should go, so if it needs moving please do so.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: POC Desert Rockslide *IN HAND PICS/REVEIW*
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2010, 11:55 PM »
Great review.  That Dusty is cool.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 10:53 AM »
I don't even want the vehicle, I just want Dusty.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 11:25 PM »
I thought the Rock Slide was a great vehicle, but I want this for the new Dusty. Of course, wave 2 is just starting to hit in bigger numbers now, so it may be a while.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk