Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149154 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #495 on: January 13, 2012, 01:35 AM »
I came across the DVD Season 3 and... skipped it. For the few episodes worth re-watching, I couldn't justify dropping $40+ on the set.

Season 4 is definitely making up for Season 3. Still waiting for Darth Maul...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #496 on: September 21, 2012, 09:02 AM »
So...I only just got around to buying Season 3 on Blu-Ray last week and have been watching several episodes per night to get those out of the way prior to the Season 5 premier/Season 4 Blu-Ray release.

In retrospect, this season got sort of a bad rap, top to bottom it was really not all that terrible, IMHO. It seems like they were experimenting with a number of different things that ultimately did not blend well. The non-sequential continuity jumping stories were confusing. And the political stuff was just brutally tedious.

But after you get through those last 2 banking de-regulation episodes, the rest of the season is all solid arcs - Savage Oppress, Mortiis, Citadel, Wookies & Trandoshans. Good stuff. (Ok, you either loved or hated the Mortiis stuff - I personally loved it, right up until the part where they lost their memory at the end)

I had forgotten about some of the really cool toys that could have been made from this Season: The Selkath bounty hunter, Aurra Sing in Assassin Gear, the transforming janitor/suicide bomb droids, etc etc. Damn shame they can't even repaint a Bossk to put out single carded Trandoshan now.

Looking forward to new stuff, although not as much as previous years, given the sad state of the toy line now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy