Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149118 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Some other thoughts after percolating over the weekend:

Yeah, the scene referencing the Clone DNA was highly significant, IMO. I'll admit that it appears I was wrong on this one - I always automatically assumed all the clones became Stormtroopers, but this may not in fact be the case. Or at the very least, there could be a Generation 1 and Generation 2, with separate donor material. I'm curious to see where they go with this.

Why are they hiring bounty hunters to train cadets in military strategy and operations anyway? Would you hire Duane "Dog" Chapman to train a squad of Navy SEALS? They're cosmic riff-raff, for God's sake. Why not send Tera Sinumbe out there for a few weeks? There have to be retired Jedi who could handle that sort of thing.

I continue to dig the ongoing "darksidenization" of Anakin. I'm not sure he was even half-joking about letting the Clones execute Asajj. Shoot faster next time, boys.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2010, 03:19 PM »
Bounty Hunting in Star Wars isn't like it is in the U.S. though...  In Star Wars, it's a fairly (seemingly) organized profession with lots of lucrative opportunity.  It also seems to span more than just picking guys up for something they did illegal, like assassination work and other stuff.

If anything, it seems like guys with extensive military backgrounds would wind up going into Bounty Hunting even...  So I can see it making a lot more sense in Star Wars than it would in the real world.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2010, 01:10 AM »
I said to my gf when she impaled the guy, "WTH?  They didn't show it!", and she just chalked it up to being a kid's show...  Really, was this that bad though, compared to eveyrthing this series has shown thus far?

Yeah, this is pretty much nothing compared to what else we've seen (i.e., worms crawling in and out of people's noses). But also it makes Asajj a lot more frightening and sadistic to children. Heck, even we (I know I was!) were surprised when we saw this! We've seen bad guys (Captain Argyus, Tal Merrack) get stabbed, but a good guy such as a clone? I don't think we have. Which makes it more scarier to little kids to see the good guy get his ass tossed around pretty badly.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2010, 02:29 AM »
I don't know, that's pretty lame though...  It's a cartoon for sure, but they're certainly not holding the violence back on the series.  99 shot in the back twice?  It tugged at adult's hearts...  Assajj impaling a Clone nobody even really knew yet?  Meh.

I really hope the cut footage is included in the DVD, but I'm disappointed it wasn't in the show.  I think it was a sign of the CW3D crew being overly cautious, or Cartoon Network being excessively lame.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2010, 07:01 AM »
Could the kiss have been viewed as essentially Asajj kissing a dead man on the lips and that's what was objectionable?

Sure he may have only been "mostly" dead when she did it, but could have some worry-wart exec been concerned that it would be viewed as some form of necrophillia (sp?)

I certainly hope it's in the Blu-Ray/DVD release - in the Season 1 set there are four or five "extended cut" episodes, so maybe one or both of these will also get the extended cut treatment.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:16 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59 AM »
I don't know why they used the term "bounty hunter" constantly, I guess because "mercenary" is too hard foreign sounding to 6 year olds.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Another retro ep tonight "Supply Line" - flashback before Season 1 even.

Weequay Jedi FTW!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Nikto Jedi Ima-Gun Di  ::) :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Nikto Jedi Ima-Gun Di  ::) :P

Seriously?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2010, 09:44 PM »
So when will Season 3 actually start? I mean, in terms of events.

I wanted Lott Dodd to win.

I'm amused by the absurdity that the Trade Federation isn't at war.

Seems like the clones could've held out longer if they'd used cover more.

I don't understand why Orn Free Ta has only 3 fingers (and 1 thumb) on each hand.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:11 PM by scockery »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2010, 01:09 AM »
This episode didn't do much for me - and, while I've never been a hater of Jar-Jar, I think his dinner scene was a little too over-the-top for "Star Wars." I know that the TCW show is generally aimed at kids, but the cast and crew can't forget that this is "Star Wars" and not some other child's story.

I was surprised by the Nikto Jedi's fate. It shows that the Jedi don't always win in battle, which sorta leads into the whole "Fall of the Jedi" notion with Order 66. All in all, an OK episode, but I liked "ARC Troopers" more.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2010, 12:14 PM »
I thought last night's episode was ok, but nothing amazing either.  I did like the stuff on Ryloth though, including the new Jedi and his clone commander.  The Jar Jar stuff was a little wacky (of course), but like Jesse has mentioned before, I do think he is a more likeable character here than in the prequels.

I'm looking forward to next week though, and kind of jazzed to see Greedo.  He seems to be speaking without subtitles as well, but I think they've explained why they have to do that, so I guess I understand.  You can tell that although they say it is "for the kids" that they are aiming for the fans as well, since the teaser for next week was like "Greedo...yeah, we thought you'd like that"...I sort of doubt most kids have any idea who Greedo is.  It is interesting to see how they can intertwine some of these OT characters into the Clone Wars, with Bossk and now Greedo.  I really have a feeling we're going to see Chewie and possibly Han at some point this season too, or certainly before the series is over.  I remember reading somewhere that Lucas at one point wanted to have a young Han in ROTS, before dropping the idea, and he usually likes to re-use ideas when possible.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2010, 07:17 PM »
I honestly would not surprised to see han sometime soon. Or Chewie. Or both in the same episode! ;)

I don't think it was absolutely neccessary to create an episode with Baron Papinoida. I think it was a nice way for Lucas to make a cameo in ROTS, but to now see that character explained takes away a bit from the special cameo George made.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2010, 09:18 PM »
Will Greedo shoot first in next week's episode?

Seriously, wondering if there will be a reference to that.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2010, 09:42 AM »
I don't think it was absolutely neccessary to create an episode with Baron Papinoida. I think it was a nice way for Lucas to make a cameo in ROTS, but to now see that character explained takes away a bit from the special cameo George made.

???

Was there a character in Friday's episode by that name? If so, I completely missed it. Who was it? I've never even heard the name before...

Not a bad episode, but fairly unremarkable. I did notice that they continue to go back and forth on their pronunciation of Twi'lek. (I really think it should be a long "I" there, as in "Bene Tleilax", rather than a short "EE" sound - that just sounds wimpy)

I'm completely ready for them to resume the "current" timeline. I think we've dabbled in the past long enough.