Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43617 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2009, 11:54 AM »
If any of you out there are finding Wave 10 in numbers, I would really like Man Bat and the Joker.  None of the local WM's are carrying these.  If any one would like to help me out, please PM me!

I saw these at the Wal-Mart in Tomah, WI along with 2 Powergirls and the rest of the wave.  Had the wife and kids along (and didn't see your post until now) so all I walked away with was a Clone Wars Matchstick.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #256 on: December 2, 2009, 07:24 PM »
Living in the Great White North as I do, I was forced to resort to ebay to snag some waves 9 and 10ers, though I managed to luck out and get almost all for about regular retail price. For anyone still looking for wave 10, the ebay prices are becoming much more reasonable, I managed to snag a Forager for the low low price of 5.29 or so. They're all very nice figures, Man-Bat especially sticks out as outstanding to me, but I do have one major critic. Has Mattel decided to do away with ball joint necks or something? All of my samples seem completely incapable of anything but a basic left/right turn.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #257 on: December 2, 2009, 10:45 PM »
I picked up a gold Dr. Fate awhile back and completelyforgot about it.  Anyone need one of these?  I think I need to return it soon before the receipt expires...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2009, 11:37 AM »
My wave 10 set showed up yesterday.  I haven't had a chance to open them yet, but so far they look awesome. 
The Joker is the highlight for me.  I had seen the pictures, which looked awesome.  And I loved the hammer from the Super Powers figure.  But I hadn't realized he came with a laughing fish.  Nice touch.

This is the one wave where I really don't care about the build a figure though.  Imperiax seems to be really well done, but...
...I have no idea who he is (and I follow DC pretty closely).

Conversely wave 11 is a the first wave where I don't care for a number of the characters, but I HAVE to get the build a figure.  I'm looking forward to getting Kilowog.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2009, 10:54 AM »
I picked up the Kilowog wave over the weekend.  Shark is kind of lame, but the rest of the wave is pure gold (though I would have preferred the Neal Adams style Deadman).  Kilowog is probably the nicest of the build a figures yet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2009, 05:43 PM »
I stopped at WM today and happened upon a bit of Wave 10.  They don't even have pegs for DCUC right now, but on the shelf below where the pegs used to be, there was 1 each of Joker, Batman (Black), and Man Bat.  I picked up all three at $12.97 each.  I'd like to possibly get Beast Boy and Power Girl (and another Joker), but I won't get greedy and I'm just happy I found these three.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2009, 12:05 PM »
Sweet, just got my wave 11 ordered from Mattycollector with no issues.  I decided to give the Retro Green Arrow a shot, too.

On the subject of DCUC, can anyone help me with some wave 8 & 9 figures?  I still need the following:

wave 8 - Gentleman Ghost, Parademon (green), Dr. Fate (gold), Vigilante, Mr. Terrific, Commander Steel
wave 9 - Mantis (human), Wildcat (black)

I've heard people say that wave 9 is sitting around in some places so I thought I'd check.

John

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Sweet, just got my wave 11 ordered from Mattycollector with no issues.  I decided to give the Retro Green Arrow a shot, too.

On the subject of DCUC, can anyone help me with some wave 8 & 9 figures?  I still need the following:

wave 8 - Gentleman Ghost, Parademon (green), Dr. Fate (gold), Vigilante, Mr. Terrific, Commander Steel
wave 9 - Mantis (human), Wildcat (black)

I've heard people say that wave 9 is sitting around in some places so I thought I'd check.

John

John - PM sent on Mantis, Wildcat, Vigilante, and Dr. Fate.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2009, 08:01 PM »
Finally got my wave 9 opened today (minus the two that I'm missing) and got Chemo assembled.  Wow!  I really dig this wave - it's becoming one of my favorites.  Guardian is boring and Wildcat isn't far behind, but I'm *really* liking the robot Mantis, Black Canary, Green Arrow and Deadshot.  Black Adam is really nice as well.  And Chemo...absolutely sweet.  I didn't realize how behemoth he'd be.

OK, I have a question for you all.  I'm relatively new to the DC scene.  It was actually the DC Universe Classics that moved me from having a passing interest to wanting to all-out learn about the DC world.  So obviously I missed out on the DC Super Heroes line that predates the DCUC line.  I finally got a few of these the other day - wave 2 with Supergirl, Superman, Doomsday and Bizarro.  Personally I think they're right on par with the DCUC, or at least very close, but I don't remember hearing much hype or interest surrounding them.  Did I simply miss out on the hype, or is there a legitimate increased interest in DCUC over DCSH?  And if so, why is that?

EDIT:  I'd like to add on that I know that the DCSH line was really only Batman & Superman characters.  I can imagine that might be a primary reason that DCUC is more highly regarded due to its diversity, but thought I'd see if there was something else I'm missing.  :)

John
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:17 AM by JohnH »

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2009, 09:36 PM »
John, just wait until you see Kilowog.  Chemo is one of my favorite BAF (him and the Solomon Grundy I got from you), but I put Kilowog together about a week ago, and I think he's moved into my top spot.  He's not as tall as Chemo, but man, he's awesome.

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2009, 11:46 AM »
EDIT:  I'd like to add on that I know that the DCSH line was really only Batman & Superman characters.  I can imagine that might be a primary reason that DCUC is more highly regarded due to its diversity, but thought I'd see if there was something else I'm missing.  :)

John

I think it is a combination of the wide variety of characters and the sculpting by the Four Horsemen.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2009, 01:44 PM »
John, just wait until you see Kilowog.  Chemo is one of my favorite BAF (him and the Solomon Grundy I got from you), but I put Kilowog together about a week ago, and I think he's moved into my top spot.  He's not as tall as Chemo, but man, he's awesome.

Did you pick these up locally Drew?  I just saw this wave (as well as some superheroes without a BAF part - Superman, Batman, Flash) at TRU.  I thought Kilowog would be neat to own and could have tolerated a couple of the figures, but couldn't deal with the $100 to put him together
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2009, 04:38 PM »

Did you pick these up locally Drew?  I just saw this wave (as well as some superheroes without a BAF part - Superman, Batman, Flash) at TRU.  I thought Kilowog would be neat to own and could have tolerated a couple of the figures, but couldn't deal with the $100 to put him together

Same here.  Kilowog is the only figure I really want from that wave, but I don't $100 want him.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2009, 05:17 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you guys.  When that wave was first announced, I figured I'd get the whole thing because I really wanted Kilowog.  I since backed off and only grabbed a couple of figures.  That's the trouble with the DCUC line for me.  There really aren't any "bad" figures necessarily, but to keep it from getting out of control I have to judge if I really need certain characters or not.  The shelf I have for my DC figures is already stuffed full, and I've had to put some away in storage for the time being, so I'm getting way more selective with this line.  I'd love to get Kilowog though, as he's a character I really like, but like you guys I just couldn't shell out $100 essentially for him.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2009, 05:46 PM »
I thought Kilowog would be neat to own and could have tolerated a couple of the figures, but couldn't deal with the $100 to put him together

Same here.  Kilowog is the only figure I really want from that wave, but I don't $100 want him.

I'd love to get Kilowog though, as he's a character I really like, but like you guys I just couldn't shell out $100 essentially for him.

Me four.  Lucky for me, I'm perfectly happy with my DCD Kilowog...  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender