Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283916 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #360 on: November 18, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Any idea what the case breakdown is though?  How many of each figure per case?  I've seen the HOM Spiderman and new Wolvie lurking onthe pegs, but that's it.  Vision and maybe Jean Grey are the only ones I want from this wave.

According to Entertainment Earth, the case breakdown is as follows:

1x Wolverine (Black Suit)
1x Iron Man (Classic)
1x Iron Man (Silver Centurion)
1x Electro
1x Vision
1x Jean Grey
1x Warpath
2x Spider-Man (House of M)
2x Wolverine
1x Sunfire

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2009, 07:47 AM »
Any idea what the case breakdown is though?  How many of each figure per case?  I've seen the HOM Spiderman and new Wolvie lurking onthe pegs, but that's it.  Vision and maybe Jean Grey are the only ones I want from this wave.

According to Entertainment Earth, the case breakdown is as follows:

1x Wolverine (Black Suit)
1x Iron Man (Classic)
1x Iron Man (Silver Centurion)
1x Electro
1x Vision
1x Jean Grey
1x Warpath
2x Wolverine
1x Sunfire

Cool, thanks for the case breakdown!  I found the Jean Grey last night at the Bloomington Wal-Mart here in Minnesota, so I just need the Vision now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Nice find Joe!  And that case breakdown explains the leftovers we're seeing.  Joe - if you happen to spot another Jean or Vision, please let me know.  I saw the Moon Knight/Vindicator wave at Plymout Target yesterday if you still need any of those.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2009, 09:54 AM »
Nice find Joe!  And that case breakdown explains the leftovers we're seeing.  Joe - if you happen to spot another Jean or Vision, please let me know.  I saw the Moon Knight/Vindicator wave at Plymout Target yesterday if you still need any of those.

Thanks!  I will keep an eye out for those for you.  Thanks for the heads up on the figures at Plymouth, I will have to check those out today.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2009, 10:28 AM »

Thanks!  I will keep an eye out for those for you.  Thanks for the heads up on the figures at Plymouth, I will have to check those out today.

Not sure which you need, but they had a couple of each, so should still be there.  I stashed a spare vindicator on the bottom shelf behind some boxes directly below the Marvel U pegs in case you need that one.  I think it had a pretty good paint job. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2009, 12:38 PM »
By Vindicator you mean Guardian, correct?

Man, I'm having a rough time keeping up on these.

I need the Jean Grey wave (all of the new figs from that wave).
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2009, 01:31 PM »
By Vindicator you mean Guardian, correct?

Man, I'm having a rough time keeping up on these.

I need the Jean Grey wave (all of the new figs from that wave).

Sorry, yes, I mean Guardian.  Is Vindicator the female version of Guardian?  I was never very interested in Alpha Flight.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #367 on: November 21, 2009, 04:19 AM »

Not sure which you need, but they had a couple of each, so should still be there.  I stashed a spare vindicator on the bottom shelf behind some boxes directly below the Marvel U pegs in case you need that one.  I think it had a pretty good paint job. 

I checked it out last night, but unfortunately I have all of those figures.  I thought there might be something in that wave that I might not have, since the only other time I have seen the Moon Knight was when I bought one.  I do still appreciate the help though, thanks! :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #368 on: November 21, 2009, 11:24 PM »

I checked it out last night, but unfortunately I have all of those figures.  I thought there might be something in that wave that I might not have, since the only other time I have seen the Moon Knight was when I bought one.  I do still appreciate the help though, thanks! :)

Sorry for the wild goose chase.  Looks like WM is the only game in town for the latest wave.   :P

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #369 on: November 24, 2009, 08:33 AM »
In case you guys weren't aware, MU figures are also part of K-Mart's BOGO sale this week.

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #370 on: November 24, 2009, 02:52 PM »
I finally found the Grey and Green Hulks I've been looking for!  Looks like they are starting to pop up in my area though.  A buddy of mine also called me about Grey & Green Hulks he'd found, and if I was still looking.  Now I just need to get a couple comic packs and the Black Suit Spider-man, which isn't hard to find.  Then I'll be looking for the new Wolverine and Warpath. they're are the only ones I want out of W2.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2009, 03:46 PM »
I still need grey hulk. So far of the comic packs I only need Hulk/Cyclops. Need all of the newest wave though.

1x Vision
1x Jean Grey
1x Warpath
2x Wolverine
1x Sunfire

So I'm not TOO far off from being caught up.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #372 on: November 25, 2009, 12:54 PM »
I've seen remnants of the new wave, and I'm not going to lie, it looks like crap. The only one I want is Jean Grey, but I might end up passing if she looks as short and stout as the other new figures do.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Universe
« Reply #373 on: November 25, 2009, 04:02 PM »
I don't want to keep beating a dead horse, but I too would be way more in to this line if:

The QA was better
The likenesses were better

The paint on these is atrocious.  The likenesses are way off too and that is my biggest gripe.  In theory, they are close to accurate but there is enough differences between the supposed source material vs actual product that it is annoying as all get out.  And yes I'm still bitching about the Secret Wars Captain America, but I've also looked at the other packs and they are all a little off in some way or another...oh well, it is sort of invigorating not buying something ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #374 on: November 25, 2009, 04:52 PM »
...oh well, it is sort of invigorating not buying something ;D

I wish I felt that way.   :-\  I've said it a million times, I really like this scale and much prefer it to the six inch scale.  But I've so much time and money invested in the older, larger stuff I can't bring myself to buy this stuff.  I thought about just doing Spidey related stuff and actually have a black and a red/blue Spidey sitting at home; they look great, but I'm pretty sure they'll go back to the store eventually.  There is a boatload of figures I'd love to have from this line and quite a few they've made already that I couldn't get in the original scale either because they weren't made or were impossible to find. 

Scott, I don't remember if you answered, but did you get rid of the 6" Toybiz/Hasbro stuff you had?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.