Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 284448 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #750 on: September 16, 2010, 05:50 PM »
 ;D  I wanted to seat Galactus a little higher up on the AT-AT so I could have him holding onto the "marionette" controls of the AT-AT with his right hand but I couldn't get him to spread his legs quite that far due to his "skirt"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 17, 2010, 11:23 AM »
I picked up Mystique, Multiple Man, and Captain Britain today at TRU.
No Galactus.   :(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #752 on: September 17, 2010, 11:27 AM »
I am waiting on the darker version of Galactus. Still no luck on the Phoenix set for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 22, 2010, 10:41 AM »
I grabbed the two new comic packs at TRU last night - the price point was a bit higher than other stores $14.99 compared to I believe $12.99 at other places, but I was able to use the $5 off coupon on the combined puchase. 

There were two of the Cyclops/Phoenix sets - the set I grabbed has seemingly flawless paint apps.

The Dark Spidey/Wolverine set had paint issues on one character or the other between the 3 sets that were on the pegs.  I opted for the set where Dark Spidey had near flawless paint apps and Dark Wolverine (Daken) had some brown spots in several of the yellow areas on his body.

I am now all caught up with retail other than the long haired Winter Soldier.  I should be getting unmasked Iron Patriot via trade shortly.

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 22, 2010, 12:54 PM »
I grabbed an Iron Spider-Man over the weekend, which was a great find for me.  I also saw the normal Galactus, but I have a preorder in for the dark version with BBTS.  Fun stuff.

Dave

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 24, 2010, 03:19 PM »
I got my Galactus today from TRU.com.  This thing is awesome!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 30, 2010, 11:06 AM »
just saw that BBTS has the next 3 comic packs in stock as a set of 3 - $45 - not bad if you are interested in all 3. Personally I just want Sentry.    ::)

Sentry/Spiderman
Thor/Iron Man
Capt America/Wolverine

listing is here

and is it just me or does something look different about the Spidey in the Sentry set.  Kinda looks like he is on the Black symbiote-style Spidey body...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:08 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 30, 2010, 12:09 PM »
I also noticed they have the first 2011 singles wave up for preorder (expected December), for those that are interested.  I believe Spider-Woman is already sold out.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 30, 2010, 12:55 PM »
yup - you can buy the set of 6 for $60 - not too shabby considering I actually, really want one of each of those.  whereas the wave before it, consisting of only 5 figures: Hawkeye (bullseye), Constrictor, Yellow Jacket, Iron Man 2020, and Thanos for...   $70   :o    thats a bit outrageous imo.   and while I will get one of each from that wave because so far I have grabbed one of each figure in this line out so far, gotta admit I really only like 1 of them - Thanos.  I will get Hawkeye for the addition to the rest of the DA team, and I really dont know anything about Yellow Jacket, Constrictor, or IM 2020

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:00 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 5, 2010, 11:14 AM »
The X-men wave figures are available as singles at HTS right now.  Hopefully a good sign that HTS won't keep doing cases only for this line - or perhaps they plan on waiting months after the wave hit retail to do this - time will tell.  

I am pretty sure there is a new code for HTS too I remember seeing over at RS.com I think it might be "alltoy15"

edit: archangel now gone
« Last Edit: October 5, 2010, 11:35 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 6, 2010, 08:45 PM »
I saw the new(er) wave of these at WM tonight (Multiple Man, Ghost Rider, etc.) and have to admit I briefly had them in the cart until I saw the price: $8.97.  I just couldn't justify $9 for one of these, especially when they are cheaper elsewhere.  It was tempting, simply because these aren't always the easiest to find at retail, but I don't think I want/need them that badly.  Even with the prices going up on Legends sized stuff, I think I'd feel better paying $15 for a Legends or DCUC figure than $9 for something like MU.  SW prices are bad enough.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 6, 2010, 09:55 PM »
It seems like both Target and WM both raised their prices $1 coincinding with the playsaver.com $1 off coupon being released.  pretty crappy cuz I was really hoping those coupons would help clear product.

who knows - maybe coupon crazed parents will still do it cuz they think they are getting a deal with the coupon   ::)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 6, 2010, 11:01 PM »
I think all my local Wal-Marts abandoned the MU line, since all they have are Spidey and Iron Man figs. TRU has maybe one Iron Man MU figure, and Target is clogged with Hobgoblins. Luckily I'm not as "in to" this line as I was a year ago, because on top of not seeing anything new in ages (my one sighting of Juggernaut aside) $9 for a figure that size is ridiculous.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 7, 2010, 09:56 AM »
MU figures are still $6.99 at the Targets around here, but at least one Wal-Mart has raised the price to $8.97.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 7, 2010, 11:42 PM »
Christmas is coming....

And these have always been in that $8.97-9.99 range up here already.  Crazy stuff and the two packs at $14.99 plus taxes pushing them over $16. 
« Last Edit: October 7, 2010, 11:42 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.