Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281618 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1350 on: August 14, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Ant Man & Moon Knight looks like an awesome set, so naturally, it's been delayed.  The Juggernaut head sculpt is nice, but it's ridiculous that it doesn't have a helmet.  I've already got the the single carded versions of both characters, and I don't think that Colossus with the flat grey looks nearly as good.

I just picked up the Wolverine/She-Hulk and FF Black Spidey/White Doom sets using the TRU $5 coupons.  Wolverine will go in my pile of Wolverine army builders.  She Hulk is really great, I found one with a decent face paintjob.  This is a figure where there's almost too much articulation, though, and it detracts from the aesthetics of the figure overall.  I could do without the mid-thigh joint, for instance.  Given that it's less than a quarter inch from a ball joint, I don't know that it's worth having a slice through the leg.  But overall, it's a really good figure and an outstanding head sculpt.  Haven't cracked open the Spidey-Doom set yet, but doesn't look like there are any surprises other than a kind of bulkier Spidey than we usually get.  Doom's the same one we've gotten, just in white.  Same Ultron limbs.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 14, 2012, 08:47 PM »
Mmm, Shulkie. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 16, 2012, 12:47 PM »
Picked up the Cap/Magneto comic pack from TRU. I never bought any version of Cap since I was holding out for an accurate one like Scott was, and never got the basic one from the Movie line last year. Passed on Wolverine/She-Hulk for now. Almost snagged the Spidey/Rhino set for the awesome Rhino paintjob but remembered that I had the single carded one and countless Spider-Men and came to my senses. No sign of the Spidey/Doom set.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 16, 2012, 03:16 PM »
Is there any difference between comic pack She-Hulk and the upcomming single carded version?  I have no need of yet another Wolvie unless this one actually has decent paint aps for some reason.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 16, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Is there any difference between comic pack She-Hulk and the upcomming single carded version?  I have no need of yet another Wolvie unless this one actually has decent paint aps for some reason.

They're the same mold, but totally different outfits.

Comic Pack:

Single Carded:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 16, 2012, 04:31 PM »

They're the same mold, but totally different outfits.

Comic Pack:

Crap, now I need both.  Thanks Neal.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25 PM »
How could you not need both?  It's She-Hulk for heaven's sake the ultimate in green goodness.

I wish some of this new stuff would start showing up around here.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 18, 2012, 09:11 AM »
I picked up a "classic" colored Sentinel last night at a local Marshall's.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1358 on: August 18, 2012, 11:04 AM »
Got the latest wave fromBBTS and they look great. Hope these make it to retail, want the Amazing Bag-Man
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:06 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 18, 2012, 04:28 PM »
How could you not need both?  It's She-Hulk for heaven's sake the ultimate in green goodness.

I wish some of this new stuff would start showing up around here.

No kidding.  Here's hoping they make her in her courtroom costume next.

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 18, 2012, 05:12 PM »
My local TRU has given up restocking Star Wars, but they are overflowing with White Doom, Black Spidey and Spiderman vs. Rhino sets.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1361 on: August 18, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Well I was bored at home today and found a random spider-man figure in my closet as i was cleaning. Always wanted a cosmic Spider-Man so i figured why not.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 20, 2012, 11:51 AM »
Local grocery store got in the newer comic packs, Iron Man/Mandarin and Hulk/Wolvy. Wanted the new Hulk so I snagged that set, so I can skip the single carded version.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 21, 2012, 10:43 AM »
Got notice that my Wave 2 set is shipping from BBTS, at least I think it is called Wave 2 (She Hulk, FF Spidey, Kang, Scarlet Witch, Punisher).  Things are hitting fast and furious with this line now with the first two regular waves as well as the new comic packs.  I wonder if the multipacks will hit soon as well?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 21, 2012, 01:49 PM »
I wonder if any of this stuff will ever show up at my local Walmart or Target? I am SO sick of seeing the same old figures on the pegs...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy