Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 441503 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1590 on: November 21, 2005, 02:06 PM »
The same poster listed above has now posted pics of the Venom from SMC 16 over at the Fwoosh forums.  I'm trying to decide if I like this new version the best or not.  There's been a figure of the earlier version of Venom sitting at a local Walgreens that I've thought about picking up too.  I wanted to wait to see if future versions would be better or not, but I'm not sure what to think about this new one.  Good in some ways though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1591 on: November 21, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Thanks for the pics/link Brian.  I have the two previous Venom figures and decided to keep the second version, from the box set.  I yanked the tongue out of the first with a pair of pliers and it looks better without, IMO.  The newest version, while larger is a little too deformed for my tastes.  I know he can get seriously large and mis-shapen in the comic and his tongue hanging out is fairly typical, but it just doesn't do it for me. 

Was talking to Scott via email and he indicated that Scarlet Witch might not be so rare anymore.  I'm not sure of his sources, we didn't so much cover that, but Scott's pretty dependable for information.  Maybe she'll show in later shipments. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1592 on: November 21, 2005, 02:37 PM »
The newest version, while larger is a little too deformed for my tastes.  I know he can get seriously large and mis-shapen in the comic and his tongue hanging out is fairly typical, but it just doesn't do it for me.

See, that's kind of how I feel too.  The box set one (grinning I believe) is pretty nice, but I don't want to buy the whole set just for Venom.  I'm leaning towards picking up the earlier one maybe and going with that one too.  I don't need my Venom to be quite that hulking and mis-shapen, with the tongue hanging out like you mentioned too.  Maybe I can use the removal method you mentioned.  Thanks for the info/advice Brent.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1593 on: November 21, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Or you could just give me your address and you can have the extra Venom I have. ;)  Tongue's already out and you can consider it an early Christmas gift. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1594 on: November 28, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Anyone need Carnage?  BBTS has him for really cheap - $4.50

Some other cheap product there as well.  Go figure, the FF bump'n'go stuff is on sale ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1595 on: November 29, 2005, 10:49 AM »
According to a news blurb at TheGD.com, it is rumored that there will be a BAF of Onslaught for Marvel Legends 13.  Grain of salt and all that, but that's the latest on the rumored pack in for that wave (since the "henchmen" have apparently been dropped).

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1596 on: November 29, 2005, 11:52 AM »
According to a news blurb at TheGD.com, it is rumored that there will be a BAF of Onslaught for Marvel Legends 13.  Grain of salt and all that, but that's the latest on the rumored pack in for that wave (since the "henchmen" have apparently been dropped).

While this is nothing more than a rumor, I believe it might be true. Given the obscure characters we are getting from Toy Biz in the next year, I really would not be suprised at all if we did get Onslaught. I know I'd love it.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1597 on: November 30, 2005, 10:02 AM »
I didn't think that I saw much talk about it here, but the boards over at Fwoosh have had a lot of discussions on a rumored "Wal-Mart Exclusive" wave of Marvel Legends coming sometime next year.  Nothing is confirmed, and you can find the discussion on their boards, but here is the rumored line-up:

Wal-mart Exclusive ML wave (unknown BAF)
- Kitty Pryde
- AoA wolverine
- AoA sabretooth
- Juggernaut
- Captain Britain
- Thor
- Antman (Variant)
- Sentry (Variant)
- Warbird/Ms. Marvel
- Havok

If this is true, it sounds like there is a lot of much requested figures on the way.  Stinks that it is exclusive though, and kind of surprising in a way.  If true, I'd definitely pick up a Kitty Pryde, Havok, and Captain Britain if I found them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1598 on: December 1, 2005, 12:55 PM »
Something I forgot to mention earlier, but a newer wave of Spidey Classics has been showing up around here...the one including the new Doc Ock (Ultimate-ish version).  Not really big news, and maybe its old news, but I just happened to notice them this past weekend.  This is the Ock:

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1599 on: December 1, 2005, 01:53 PM »

Wal-mart Exclusive ML wave (unknown BAF)
- Kitty Pryde
- AoA wolverine
- AoA sabretooth
- Juggernaut
- Captain Britain
- Thor
- Antman (Variant)
- Sentry (Variant)
- Warbird/Ms. Marvel
- Havok

I've seen mention of this elsewhere, but I presume they're just pirating the info from fwoosh.  I'd be in for that series, lots of characters that I'd be pleased to own from it.  Presumably AoA is Age of Apocalypse so I'm curious to see those though I'm happy with the multiple Wolverine's I own already ::) and don't feel a burning need for another Sabretooth.  Aside from those and another Juggernaut the entire series is of interest to me. 

The buzzing Beetle wave is the current one about up here.  I've seen it frequently and continue to pass on it.  As for the Doc Ock I'm ok with what I have.  The Ultimate stuff has appeal and I can see why people would like it, but I never got into the Ultimate comics so I don't have any attachment to them. 

Oh, and because I haven't mentioned it for a while, where's Kingpin again? >:( :P  Yeah, yeah, two pack.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1600 on: December 2, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Personally, I think a WM exclusive wave would have Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Hulk in it. I see they have the required Wolverine, but I just find it hard to swallow they're taking a series with two female characters in it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1601 on: December 2, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Onslaught...

*Drool* ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1602 on: December 6, 2005, 07:11 AM »
Onslaught....SWEET!!!

Wal-Mart Marvel Legends...

Great looking line up if it is true. I would like to see more AOA figures if these actually look good. I hope that they would put Wild Child with Sabretooth.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1603 on: December 6, 2005, 01:21 PM »
Incidentally, Amazon.com has the Scarlet Witch listed with a delivery date of after December 24th.  I ordered a couple, one for me, one for Scott but I honestly don't expect they'll ever arrive. ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1604 on: December 8, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Picked up series 11 today at KB. Got all the ones I wanted including Scarlet Witch, left behing Logan and the Thing (which is just a terrible looking figure). No variants though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"