Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414876 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2940 on: November 13, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Not sure why it took 4 weeks for them to ship the damn things, I got my free Titanium Hulk two weeks ago already

Yeah, the shipping on all that stuff ordered around that time has been really screwy.  I've gotten a box or two each week for the past few weeks, but usually with one (usually crushed) figure inside.  Its ok for me, because I was mainly ordering "extras" and I'm an opener, but I could see where carded collectors would have a problem.  I received a Titanium Doc Ock a few weeks ago too, but still haven't gotten the order that it was with (F4 wave figures) - but they should be here this week.  I did get a Wave 3 Cyclops on Friday, and Cap is supposed to be on the way as well.  Once those two shipments get here, I should be caught up on ML until the 2008 stuff hits.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2941 on: November 14, 2007, 11:00 AM »
I got my order sometime this week (i was in the hospital so not sure when it came) and just opened the box. I have to say Hasbro seems to be improving with each wave. The Danger figure is terrible and i really have no interest in the character but other than her no real complaints.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2942 on: November 14, 2007, 11:20 AM »
I got my Marvel Girl and Black Knight via trade.  Not overly impressed with either of them.  Black Night is fair, but they could have done so much more - removeable helmet maybe?  More head articulation.  Marvel Girl is a good base, but her head seems a little too cartoony for me.    :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2943 on: November 16, 2007, 09:42 AM »
In this thread over at TNI, a poster claims to have seen papers on what is on tap for Hasbro Marvel in 2008.  You can read it for yourself at the linky, and a huge grain of salt (as always with stuff like this), but here's some of the highlights:

Iron Man Movie Line - 6" Scale

Icons Line Ending  - after the DD, Phoenix, Colossus, Nightcrawler wave

Spider-Man Animated Series (Spectacular Spider-Man) Line - 5" Scale

Spider-Man 6" Wave Coming - mainly rehashes the way it sounds, possibly a Puma figure

New Marvel Legends 3 3/4" Line - Following the success of Star Wars and G.I. Joe

Hulk Movie Line

Hulk Legends Waves - Foom BAF (we've seen this rumored before)

More 2 Packs - Beast, Archangel and Bullseye were apparently pictured

More at the link, if interested.  Who knows if it is true, but I could see some of it being correct.  The 5" Animated Spidey line makes sense, as do the IM and Hulk movie lines.  I could see Icons getting cancelled, because at least around here, it doesn't seem like they sell very well at all.  I have to admit I'm a little interested in the 3 3/4" line, even though our collections are already in 6" scale.  I know I'd be tempted to pick up a few.  It would have been much easier on display space if they were that size from the beginning :P.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2944 on: November 16, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Wow.  Marvel characters in the 3 3/4 size is very appealing.  :o
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2945 on: November 16, 2007, 11:00 AM »
No doubt.  I liked the Showdown line, but a new basic 3 3/4 inch line would be very cool.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2946 on: November 16, 2007, 11:17 AM »
What I really like is the customization opportunity.  The more figures from different lines that are released, the more base parts we have to work from!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2947 on: November 16, 2007, 12:50 PM »
I wish they would have started with the 3 3/4 scale, but i dont think i can justify buying into a whole new line.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2948 on: November 17, 2007, 04:34 PM »
http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=762&Itemid=1

Latest Top 10 at Fwoosh...same as last time my interest in even the top 50 is almost nil...

16. Enchantress
20. Classic Ultron
25. US Agent
27. Wrecker
38. Hellcat
50. Arnim Zola
50. Hyperion
50. Klaw

Here is who I voted for...

079 Photon  (Monica Rambeau)
027 Wrecker
270 Beyonder
020 Ultron [Classic]
025 USAgent
166 Molecule Man
050 Klaw
104 Mockingbird
050 Hyperion [Classic]
016 Enchantress

Not real bad I guess but I really have no interest in what most people want anymore I guess.  Methinks next year be mostly spent on DC and getting at least all of the original Super Friends as that is my only real exposure to said universe

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2949 on: November 19, 2007, 09:01 AM »
Thanks for posting that Scott.  Yeah, it seems like the list is getting more and more narrowed all the time.  There are a few on that list that I'd still pick up, but things might be continuing to wind down - which would be fine.  Of course, there's always some surprises it seems that I end up buying.  With the first wave of 08, I think I want at least four of the figures (Black Bolt, Tigra, Nova, DD), which is pretty much the whole wave if the Beast is pushed back.  So, I might end up buying more than I think, but we'll see.

I'm really wondering what to do with the DCU Classics line.  At first, I thought I'd go whole hog from the beginning - then this big Star Wars push hit the last couple months and I realized I wouldn't be able to keep up with that with more SW next year (and Indy/Marvel).  I plan to get the Batman stuff and the "Leaguers" for sure (the bigger names at least), but I'm on the fence with the rest.  There are some of the announced BAFs that I'd like (Grodd, Grundy), but I don't know if I can go into another line buying figures I don't necessarily want to get BAFs.  It would be nice to actually "cut back" a little more in these years where I think I'm going to ;).  Plus, it seems stressful enough at times just keeping up with/finding Star Wars, where I don't know if I'd need the headache of a Mattel line :).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2950 on: November 19, 2007, 12:17 PM »
I'm really wondering what to do with the DCU Classics line.  At first, I thought I'd go whole hog from the beginning - then this big Star Wars push hit the last couple months and I realized I wouldn't be able to keep up with that with more SW next year (and Indy/Marvel).  I plan to get the Batman stuff and the "Leaguers" for sure (the bigger names at least), but I'm on the fence with the rest.  There are some of the announced BAFs that I'd like (Grodd, Grundy), but I don't know if I can go into another line buying figures I don't necessarily want to get BAFs.  It would be nice to actually "cut back" a little more in these years where I think I'm going to ;).  Plus, it seems stressful enough at times just keeping up with/finding Star Wars, where I don't know if I'd need the headache of a Mattel line :).

My thoughts exactly. Not really sure what to do about that one.

As for that list, not really into it. There are alot of characters i still want but none of those are in my top 10.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2951 on: November 19, 2007, 12:54 PM »
I'm in the same boat, not a lot there (or anywhere really) that I want or need. 

16. Enchantress
20. Classic Ultron
50. Klaw
027 Wrecker

Really, I'm all but done with this line anyway.  Six to eight figures are too many for a BAF these days.  Especially for figures I think I'll just end up giving to a neighbour kid or something.  DC's plans are manageable, with just five figures, but even with that some stuff is pretty iffy. 

I don't think I'd be disappointed to not ever pick up another ML figure.  Sure, I still want the Brood Queen BAF but there's maybe two figures in that series I REALLY want to own, leaving me with six (well, five if I buy two Hydra soldiers) I don't want to buy.  Plus I'll be sour about missing out on the 25% off deal as well.  They've been up in stock again on HTS.com and I'm not buying right now.  I'll probably relent at some point, because I'm stupid, but I'll complain about it.

I'm still just itching to have a nicely done, comic based "Friends & Family" based Spidey box set. 
Classic Mary Jane
May Parker
Robbie Robertson
Gwen Stacy
J. Jonah Jameson

Throw in a Tombstone and a Spidey figure to round out a nifty box (May's too small to count as a full figure, or drop Gwen) and it's a guarantee.  How do I get that done?  EE exclusive?  C'mon, help me out here Hasbro.   ;)

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2952 on: November 19, 2007, 03:43 PM »
http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=762&Itemid=1

Latest Top 10 at Fwoosh...same as last time my interest in even the top 50 is almost nil...

16. Enchantress
20. Classic Ultron
25. US Agent
27. Wrecker
38. Hellcat
50. Arnim Zola
50. Hyperion
50. Klaw

Here is who I voted for...

027 Wrecker
270 Beyonder
020 Ultron [Classic]
025 USAgent
166 Molecule Man
050 Klaw
104 Mockingbird
050 Hyperion [Classic]
016 Enchantress

Not real bad I guess but I really have no interest in what most people want anymore I guess.  Methinks next year be mostly spent on DC and getting at least all of the original Super Friends as that is my only real exposure to said universe

I'd potentially pick up these:

25. US Agent
104 Mockingbird

I already have a custom Mockingbird and Tigra, and having customs done of Crystal and Sersei, and that's about all I want from the Avengers unless they're going to put out more Iron Man or a better Hawkeye.  Would have liked to see a classic Wonderman too, but I'm sure that will never see the light of day.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2953 on: November 19, 2007, 04:09 PM »
I'm still just itching to have a nicely done, comic based "Friends & Family" based Spidey box set. 
Classic Mary Jane
May Parker
Robbie Robertson
Gwen Stacy
J. Jonah Jameson

Throw in a Tombstone and a Spidey figure to round out a nifty box (May's too small to count as a full figure, or drop Gwen) and it's a guarantee.  How do I get that done?  EE exclusive?  C'mon, help me out here Hasbro.

I've always been on board with your idea as well Brent, and I hope we see some form of this in the future.  As far as the list goes, as others have said, there's not a whole heck of a lot I'd pick up.  There's still some more characters I'd like, but I could also live without.  As silly as it sounds to say (since I can just, you know, not buy them), there's a part of me that would be ok if this line wrapped up - and I wouldn't be tempted to buy more.  I just took some time this past week to rearrange my Legends, and looking at them all (and trying to fit them all on the shelves) helped solidify that I'm pretty happy with what we've gotten.  One of the main ones (outside of that Spidey set) that I wanted was Black Bolt, and he'll be on the way next year, so that's good too.  Like I said, there are still more I'll end up buying, but I'd be ok if the line ended at this point too I think.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2954 on: November 29, 2007, 09:47 AM »
MarvelousNews has a look at the Spiral figure coming in HML Wave 5 (or 2008 Wave 2) that was previewed in an earlier podcast, this time shown with paint.