Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409705 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #75 on: November 7, 2003, 10:00 AM »
Brent sent this to me...his Magneto...looks weird.  I am wondering if that is a LOTR or perhaps other Legend head

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #76 on: November 7, 2003, 10:01 AM »
Wait is that Gandalf?

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #77 on: November 7, 2003, 10:44 AM »
that is Gandalf's head!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #78 on: November 7, 2003, 11:34 AM »
So....then......huh?

How did this happen?  I think I described above that this box is minty-mint, the ends taped, seemingly not tampered with.  It was clear and is clear from the pic that the helmet just doesn't fit properly but how did it happen?  

Baffled.  I'll hang onto it for a bit if anyone wants it, but otherwise I'll take it back and get the regular.  The rogue in this one has a crappy paint job anyway.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #79 on: November 7, 2003, 11:39 AM »
Very interesting.

Gandalf and Magneto are both played by Sir Ian McKellon, so that might have something to do with it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #80 on: November 7, 2003, 11:41 AM »
The only thing is that all of the Gandalf figures have a full bushy beard.  Not really sure that is him.

I sent a note to Julius Marx Brent asking him to take a gander.  I might send a note to thegd.com to see if they can identify it

I'd hang onto it for a while...might be worth something to someone

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #81 on: November 7, 2003, 12:37 PM »
Yeah, I'll hang onto it for a while.  I'm going to get out the magnifying glass tonight and take a real close look at the tape and box.  

It's just as well, as soon as I free up Rogue, my daughter will run off with it.  

Thanks for your help with this Scott.  I can get more (and likely better) pics if necessary.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #82 on: November 7, 2003, 01:42 PM »
It kinda looks like Aragorn with painted hair and beard.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #83 on: November 9, 2003, 06:55 AM »
That's possibly the weirdest Magneto I've ever seen.  Gotta be a factory mixup, because all of the Maggie's I've seen in the X-Men sets have faces pretty much like the Marvel Legends version.

On another note, has anyone here seen Marvel Legends 5 at retail yet?  I'm jonesing to get Collosus and Sabretooth.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2003, 09:51 AM »
Although I've only been collecting the X-Men from Marvel Legends so far, after reading Coheteboy's review of part of Series V HERE, I'm almost considering getting Silver Surfer.  Something about that figure just looks pretty cool to me.  Have any of you found any of the newest wave yet?  I'm really looking forward to Colossus.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2003, 10:51 AM »
I got the X-Men Series 2 Action Figures, from KB Toys, they had Iceman, Magneto, the 2 Wolverines, and Cyclops.  I really like the Iceman and Magneto they are sweet. ;)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2003, 10:58 AM »
yes, i really want colossus also, but silver surfer looks pretty sweet ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2003, 03:29 PM »
Hey, just curious if anyone has had any luck picking up Marvel Legends 5 (if you are looking for them).  I haven't been shopping yet since they started showing up, but I doubt they have made it here quite yet.  Coheteboy has the second part of his review up for ML5 HERE including Colossus, Sabretooth, and Nick Fury.  I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for Colossus.  These figures continue to impress me with each wave :).  Best of luck to those of you searching for them!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2003, 09:09 PM »
Finally got some Legends 5 tonight...been looking high and low for a few weeks now.  Picked up Fantastic, Fury and Colossus...no Surfer, Sabretooth (who I may pass on) or Skull (who I really want)

Fantastic isn't my favorite at first glance, Colossus and Fury look wicked though.  

Just makes me salivate more for my wishlist figures and I'll rant one more time that most characters created in the 90's should not be "Legends" ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2003, 09:21 AM »
I read over at the TNI forums that Toy Biz is supposedly going to showcase waves 6, 7, and possibly 8 at Toy Fair in 2004.  There was also mention of a boxset.  I think you can find the thread in their Marvel forum, towards the top if you are interested in reading.  Congrats on the Series 5 finds OCB, from the pics I've seen online, they look great.  Can't wait to finds me a Colossus :).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 09:22 AM by mosnab »