Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413294 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2004, 11:16 AM »
I've been pretty lucky in Series 4 & 5.  I managed to get 2 of Goliath with the Wasp & Ant Man, and I got 2 of the Red Skull.  

But I definitely agree, these shouldn't have been chase figures.  If they're going to make a new sculpt, make it for general release.  I think the chase figures should be some sort of costume variant for a character, not an entirely new character.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2004, 11:31 AM »
Does anyone know a place where there is a listing of the figures released in the Spider-Man classics line so far?  I went to Toy Biz's site, and the list they had there seemed a little out of date, as well as possibly missing a few figures.  Also, I thought I remembered this line going through a minor "change" at one point?  I wasn't sure, because I wasn't paying as close of attention to it at that point in time.  I guess I was just wondering what had been released in the past, particularly among villains.  I thought that there was a Rhino at one point, but I didn't see it on Toy Biz's site.  If anyone knows where I can find a listing of everything (since OffTheCard is now longer up and running), or maybe just list a summary here, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2004, 12:25 AM »
I finally found a chase figure tonight: Goliath.
I guess it's cool and all, but I'd rather have a Red Skull.

I'll trade my Goliath for a Red Skull, loose is OK, as long as it's complete with the comic.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Possible Series 9

1st appearance Wolverine
NightCrawler
Deathlok
Dr. Strange
War Machine
Bullseye
Pro. X (Chase)

The not hits just keep on coming >:(

Blech, seriously Nightcrawler and Strange are the only two that do anything for me, I do want a Bullseye too but he's low on my list...this line started so promisingly and has turned into garbage rather quickly...I mean think of all the Spidey villains they could do...my wishlist is chock full of figures that ARE Legends...hey lets do another Wolverine!!!!!!!! >:(

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2004, 02:23 PM »
When is the Kingpin going to get his due in this line?  He's a core villain for Spiderman, Daredevil & the Punisher.  Come on, already!

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2004, 03:22 PM »
True, I nice comic version of the Kingpin would be nice. There are others that really need to be done instead of the re-maked they are doing.

Adam Warlock
Thanos
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Moon Knight
Cloak
Dagger
More Spider-Man villians (the ones out are just not cutting it)
Dark Hawk
Deathlok
War Machine
Prof. X
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Sounds like you may like the rumored Series 9 lineup then evenflow :)
I had my wishlist a few pages ago but here it is again

I threw this together this morning, my most up to date wish list:

Scarlet Witch

Black Knight

Moon Knight

Black Panther

She-Hulk

Nightcrawler

Cyclops (I want a coweled version)

Kang

Lizard (Not really wanting this anymore either)

Ultron

Molecule Man

Wasp (Full Size)

Ant-Man (Full Size)

Wonder Man

Captain Marvel (both the original and the second

Doctor Strange

Hercules

Quicksilver

Captain Britain

Havok

The Blob

Kingpin

Bullseye

Baron Zemo

Klaw

Wrecking Crew (Wrecker, Thunderball, Bulldozer, Piledriver)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2004, 07:28 PM »
That list makes me think that Toy Biz should make at least a couple of Avengers box sets.  There's so many to pick from, after all.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2004, 02:06 AM »
This is the best pic of Shadowcat I could find.  She's tops on my list up there with Nightcrawler and Blink!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2004, 10:16 AM »
If they do ShadowCat they have to include Lockheed as the pack-in.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2004, 10:34 AM »
Let's see, here are some that are on my list.....

-Angel (pre-Apocalypse)
-The Wendigo
-Ultron
-Starfox
-Thanos
-Kingpin
-Grey Hulk
-Banshee
-Beast (unfurry version)
-Mr. Sinister
-Hercules
-She-Hulk

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #266 on: May 5, 2004, 10:54 AM »
After reading through the information about Marvel working on/releasing other comic movies such as Fantastic Four and Iron Man...and that both movies will have accompanying toy lines...I was curious how many of you have been buying the Marvel movie versions of the characters?  Personally, I only have a movie Spider-Man, although I'd like to pick up Doc Ock as well when he shows up.  There was a couple of times I had X-Men 2 figures in my hands, but ended up putting them back too.  At the time, I just preferred the comic versions, since those are the ones I grew up with.  Part of me thinks it would be neat to have a little "Marvel Movie" subset with Spidey, X-Men, Iron Man, FF, or anyone else that might be released (I guess there is also Daredevil, Punisher in the ML line).  Do any of you collect the movie figures, or ever consider starting?

Also, on an unrelated question...about the Marvel Legends box sets.  The last sets (Urban Legends/X-Men) never did show up around here, and I was curious if there were specific stores these were shipped to?  I would really like to get a hold of the upcoming Spidey/Sinister Six box set, but I wasn't sure where to look.  Any info/advice on this is much appreciated too...thanks!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #267 on: May 5, 2004, 01:38 PM »
I've been collecting the Marvel movie figures, although I lack the entire second wave of X2 figures.
I have most of the X1 figures. I passed on silly variants like white-covered Sabertooth and the 2nd version of Toad. I think the only figure I need from X1 is Cyclops.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #268 on: May 5, 2004, 02:20 PM »
I've passed on almost all of the movie figures.  I think I have one spidey from the first movie, the one that hangs from the gargoyle.  I've already picked up the super articulated Spiderman2 figure and that should about do it.  If they have a nice MJ figure for this line, I'll grab it, but the one from the first movie sucked, IMO.  I have zero of the X-men movie figs though wonder if I should have grabbed Nightcrawler?  I just received Archangel in the mail and it is pretty nice.  Would like to get Cyclops from that series.  

Not that Canada is at all representative, but the only place the multipacks showed was at TRU.  They are currently sitting on a stack of Urban Legends, never to clear them out.   ::)

I plan on getting the FF multipack, though pretty much only for Sue, the rest I can live without.  I think Thing's sculpt is better than the original, but I hardly need a third (trenchcoat being number 2).  The Human Torch fig is nice enough with the transition but not necessary.  Reed looks like crap.  

Won't buy Ock from the movie version because he is in the S6 pack and looks more like what I remember, the comic version.  I am quite excited to get the S6 pack.  May have to unload my venom fig I currently have, but I'll wait to see which looks better in person.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #269 on: May 5, 2004, 02:30 PM »
That's a lot of the same reason I have avoided the movie figs, because I remember the characters more for their comic versions.  I just had to get a Spidey, because well, its Spidey...but otherwise I have avoided them too.  Just about picked up that X2 Nightcrawler at one point too though.  I think if the X-Men movie lines were a little more extensive (having something besides Wolvies/Logans), I might have bit.

I agree with you Morgbug, I really am looking forward to the S6 box set as well.  A good way to get a nice Spidey, and several of his baddies at once.  I just got into the Spider-Man Classics line lately, and wanted to go back to get any villains I might have missed...and this will help me to get a pretty good "Rogue's Gallery".  I think I missed a Lizard, Rhino, and Hobgoblin earlier, are those figs pretty nice?  I don't care much for Morbius really, I guess because he was never in the comics I read growing up.

Also, along the same "villain" lines...I guess I should be on the lookout for Carnage as well.  Has anyone picked up this figure/what do you think of it?  I hadn't decided if I was going to get it or not...but I guess more villains is always better.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2004, 03:42 PM by mosnab »