Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 305002 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #435 on: July 20, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Considering two figures cost a few cents under $20 after taxes, I'd say that's a great deal!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #436 on: July 20, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Yeah, the KM thing is nice, but you have to save a while to acrue that much off, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #437 on: July 20, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Yeah, the KM thing is nice, but you have to save a while to acrue that much off, haha.

And you have to set foot in a K-mart... :-X
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #438 on: July 20, 2011, 10:53 PM »
Out here it's nto much different than a WM.  Filthy, full of idiots inside and out, and not enough lanes open to check out.

Target's only one-up is they're cleaner.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2011, 04:20 AM »
I know I'm terribly late to the party, but I scored Zam Wesell today at an art store for... wait for it... $14. :( This has probably been my most-wanted figure for years, so even though it hurt to drop so much money for a single figure, I didn't really hesitate to do so. Besides, I haven't bought a single figure at retail in over a month! :o
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 22, 2011, 02:34 PM »
No purchases, but I did spot the 3 new Target 3-packs out on the pegs today. The Bossk/IG-88 set looked kinda cool, but overall meh. Do not recall having seen these before...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 23, 2011, 09:53 AM »
While I have internet access - Picked up the DS Set from Comic-con as well as the Clone trooper set. Total chaos in the Hasbro line. Gets worse every year. But, no lottery system.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 23, 2011, 07:12 PM »
No purchases, but I did spot the 3 new Target 3-packs out on the pegs today. The Bossk/IG-88 set looked kinda cool, but overall meh. Do not recall having seen these before...

I saw them, too. I noticed Chewbacca's bandolier has the Hoth snowflake weathering on it.  :P C-3PO has some oily weathering on his chest circles that I don't remember seeing before.

I like that the Snowtrooper has the IG-88 rifle (there's two in the pack), the carded release should've come with that, too.

Needa looks unchanged.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #443 on: July 23, 2011, 09:41 PM »
Saw them tonight too.

Bossk looks like he may have a nicer paint aps.  Really everyone looked like they may be a bit more crisp or weathered.  Almost nabbed the set with Bossk but couldn't pull the trigger ultimately.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 26, 2011, 07:46 PM »
Saw some new figs today. Snagged Bespin Han and Fordo at Target. Passed on Bariss Offee for now, and that was the only new stuff I saw. Also snagged a Legends VOTC Stormie because you can never have enough of those.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 28, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Found some more Wave 7 Figures at Target. Picked them up to swap out with the ones I bought at TRU for a higher price.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 28, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Found a Legends Spacetrooper at a Target that hasn't reset yet

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #447 on: July 28, 2011, 06:42 PM »
yeah the one thing my Targets HAVE been putting out are the new and weaker Legends figures.  ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 28, 2011, 10:13 PM »
I used my discount I'd acrued at K-Mart tonight and nabbed 3 extras from Vin Wave 6.

Got AT-RT Driver (first time I've ever seen him at retail at all), AOTC Clone, and Stormtrooper repack.

They had a full case though, $9.99 a pop.  WIth my discount though it was about $23 for 3 figures.  Not toooooo bad, these days.  :-\

How does the KMart discount work?  I've been using my card and actually bought a fair amount of stuff there the last 6 months.  I figured I was accumulating points, but how do you cash them in?  Do they expire?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #449 on: July 28, 2011, 11:43 PM »
They expire after a year but you can acrue till then if you want.

To use them, you generally have to let your cashier know, "I'd like to use my points" or whatever, and they just take it off.  I've found though you have to usually let them know you even have a card to scan, haha.

Check your point totals at the bottom of your receipt though, and you'll see a # there, and like 7000 points = $7 I think.  Something along those lines.

Where I live, WM is at least 25 or 30 minutes away, and Target is 45 or more.

K-Mart is 5 and 20 minutes...  So I shop there a bit out of necessity, but it's paying off in toys.  Some of their stuff is reasonable, they have sales on figures that actually kick ass sometimes, and they actually stock stuff when other stores often aren't.  I've seen all of Wave 3, 4, and 5, and 6 at K-Mart locally.  They often only get 1 or 2 cases of any wave, but they get them in.  And at $9.99 they're cheaper than TRU's BS. 

I did an oil change when they had high mileage oil on sale and filters one week, and so that was points on my card.  They had paper towels on sale, more points.  They had sunscreen on sale before I went on vacation, and more points for me.  And to me, employees at Target and WM are pretty much just as helpful as KM.  I never have much luck, but fortunately I don't ask many questions either, haha.