Author Topic: SDCC 2010  (Read 26289 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: SDCC 2010
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 04:41 PM »
The JTA spies are already there, and they have a nice packaged shot of the upcoming ROTS wave clone trooper.

And Vintage packaging for the Snowspeeder and TIE Fighter - it's Xmas 1980 all over again.  :D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 05:00 PM »
On JTA, bottom pick, you can see in the shelf below there is a ARF Trooper on an AT-RT, and then another yellow colored walker, right?

What is that other walker?  Has legs more like an AT-ST, right?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 05:06 PM »
On JTA, bottom pick, you can see in the shelf below there is a ARF Trooper on an AT-RT, and then another yellow colored walker, right?

What is that other walker?  Has legs more like an AT-ST, right?

It's a repaint of the AT-RT with a Camo Scout

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Nice seeing the other vintage packaging vehicles, and I'm glad the Snowspeeder is one of them.  I actually already have a couple, but this is one I think I might grab just for the packaging (and who can't use another one of those nice snowspeeders).  I'm undecided on the others.  I'd like them, but the budget may not allow - and I'm not sure I'd be patient enough to wait for the AT-AT if it is going to be a little while later.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 05:42 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Cool things from those photos:

1) The exclusive "ultra" Hoth battle packs feature two new Hoth Rebel Troopers - might have to pick up two of those to open

2) There is definitely going to be another wave of Geonosis arena 2-packs. One of the Jedi is a SA update to the Rodian Jedi from the Jedi 3-pack that came out back in 2002 which featured three Jedi statue figures - that's kinda nice

3) They're taking the Pre Viszla body and repainting it as a generic Mandalorian Warrior and putting it into a four figure battle pack - that's instant army-building at it's best

I don't really care for the paint-ap on Wicket and Ackbar - looks too glossy, perhaps that's just these versions? I hope so. I don't understand what that accessory is that comes with Wicket is either, a cowl for another Ewok?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I don't understand what that accessory is that comes with Wicket is either, a cowl for another Ewok?

The explained that in the Q&A a little while back - "Wicket comes with his movie version poncho as well as a version inspired by his animated series appearance."
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 06:11 PM »
The explained that in the Q&A a little while back - "Wicket comes with his movie version poncho as well as a version inspired by his animated series appearance."

::)

I would have preferred the Princess Kanessa (sp?) Ewok instead.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 10:25 PM »
I don't really care for the paint-ap on Wicket and Ackbar - looks too glossy, perhaps that's just these versions? I hope so.

No, it seems limited to the pre-production samples. This was the case also at last year's SDCC samples. If you take a look at the pre-sample Plo Koon, Utai, Disguised Han Solo... etc. you'll notice the paint apps there are also glossy.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 01:37 AM »
I don't really care for the paint-ap on Wicket and Ackbar - looks too glossy, perhaps that's just these versions? I hope so. I don't understand what that accessory is that comes with Wicket is either, a cowl for another Ewok?

It seems almost certain that these have gloss finishes because they're prototypes and not production samples.  The production versions are likely to have more of a matte finish.

As for the second cowl with Wicket, Hasbro explained in one of the more recent Q&A's that this was from an EU story featuring Wicket.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:03 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 08:51 AM »
I thought they said it was his cartoon version?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 09:39 AM »
While I really like the Jedi wave, I am shocked by what we're not seeing.  This is the first time that I can remember there not being even one "new" figure.  Ok.   Wooof is new. Kinda.  But there's not one brand new figure in the entire display.  Even within the Clone Wars stuff.

ooops....Greedo Jedi. 

But still, if Hasbro wants me to stay interested, they've got to give me "new" product.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46 AM »
By "new" do you mean stuff that hasn't been release before in the modern era?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 09:49 AM »
ooops....Greedo Jedi. 

Actually even he is a redo from the 2003 CW static Jedi 3 pack. So he is technically not new which supports your observation.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Sigh...I feel like a kid after unwrapping a hundred presents on X-Mas morning - "is that all?"  :-[

Maybe I'm just paying more attention this year, but I didn't feel nearly the level of excitement after seeing this year's displays. I mean, no real surprises at all.

I think literally the only thing I saw that was a complete surprise was that Camo AT-RT with Boil for the TCW line. Everything else had already been spoiled, either through advance pics or product listings.

Hopefully they are holding some good stuff back for CV, but I kinda doubt it since the Slave I is obviously going to be a focal point there and that is old news.

Would like to have seen any of the figures from TCW Waves 5 or 6, the HMP, Xanadu Blood, etc. Those last 2 seem to have really fallen off the map for some reason.

Isn't there still the big slide show yet to come? I guess we'll get more sneak peeks then.

Good stuff, just not feeling the off-the-wall hype like last year.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy