Author Topic: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs  (Read 66460 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 10:48 AM »
I'm only going to get three of these sets.

Dooku/Jedi
Shaak Ti/Geonosian
Rodian Jedi/Battle Droid

I"ll hope for a sale on the last two I listed so I can army build the Geo's and BD's, some more.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 10:53 AM »
The Obi-Wan and Anakin sets are definite passes for me. How many times have we seen both Jedi repacked? And it seems AOTC Anakin is getting repacked again in TVC basic figure lineup.

The Anakin has a new head so it's not a straight repack per say. The only one that I am passing on is the Obi-Wan set, that one is a wasted slot. Dooku appear to have a new head too. My only real gripe is the reuse of the Mace Windu and Evo Luke bodies but I am happy these are getting another run.

I think you just answered my question... I was trying to figure out what here is at least kit-bashed or contains significant paint or sculpt changes.  So it looks like Obi-wan / SBD is the only one I don't need to bother with.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 03:48 PM »
I got the impression that each set has SOMETHING new to it Rob, just FYI.  Jeff may have a more solid answer to that as I'm just now getting online here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 04:23 PM »
The Obi-Wan and Anakin sets are definite passes for me. How many times have we seen both Jedi repacked? And it seems AOTC Anakin is getting repacked again in TVC basic figure lineup.

The Anakin has a new head so it's not a straight repack per say. The only one that I am passing on is the Obi-Wan set, that one is a wasted slot. Dooku appear to have a new head too. My only real gripe is the reuse of the Mace Windu and Evo Luke bodies but I am happy these are getting another run.

I think you just answered my question... I was trying to figure out what here is at least kit-bashed or contains significant paint or sculpt changes.  So it looks like Obi-wan / SBD is the only one I don't need to bother with.

The paintjob on this Super Battle Droid is significantly different from the previous 30AC and Saga Legends versions.  It also doesn't have the holes in the body.  Not sure about any differences with Obi-Wan though.  But I would like to see him with the different lightsaber hilt (the one he's thrown).

And on this point I'm disappointed with the Anakin.  Why no green lightsaber?  That's true to the Arena battle.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 05:48 PM »
The sabers were adisappointment.  I'm migrating ones from 2002 Ani since I like the metal hilts anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 08:47 PM »
The paintjob on this Super Battle Droid is significantly different from the previous 30AC and Saga Legends versions.  It also doesn't have the holes in the body. 

I was (wishful) thinking that it was the same paint deco as something from the Battlefront multi-packs or comic packs.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Another interesting note on the Anakin set?  The package art has Anakin wielding a green saber, but the packed in figure has a blue lightsaber.  Stellar attention to detail, Hasbro! ::)

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 11:49 PM »
And on this point I'm disappointed with the Anakin.  Why no green lightsaber?  That's true to the Arena battle.

That's something I noticed. In fact, in the slide presentation pics, Obi-Wan is the one with a green lightsaber! It's his own unique lightsaber hilt, but with a green blade. Odd. And Anakin just comes with his own lightsaber. Odder. :-\

And, by looking/guessing at images of the package [in the slideshow], it seems the Rodian Jedi is simply going to be named "'Rodian Jedi.'" I would have thought that Hasbro would have made up a name for him.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 11:56 PM »
It's seems out of character for Hasbro to NOT have a name for the Rodian Jedi.  I would have thought they would retcon the rodian Jedi who was in the early episodes of Clone Wars season 2 into the arena battle, but apparently not.  And I just saw the slideshow pic of Obi-Wan. 

And then there's the packaging look.  Are they seriously going to keep the Arena 2-packs in the TLC RED packaging?  Or are these just package mockups?

It's enough to drive you to drink.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Hasbro has never gotten the lightsabers right for Anakin and Obi Wan from that scene.  It's like it's world hunger or something; too complicated.  Those sabers have been available with other Jedi, so I've always just swapped them out.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Really disappointed that they tweaked any and all re-packs, but then again, I only need one of each.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2010, 12:43 AM »

The paintjob on this Super Battle Droid is significantly different from the previous 30AC and Saga Legends versions.  It also doesn't have the holes in the body. 

It almost looks to have ankle articulation. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2010, 10:48 AM »
It's seems out of character for Hasbro to NOT have a name for the Rodian Jedi.  I would have thought they would retcon the rodian Jedi who was in the early episodes of Clone Wars season 2 into the arena battle, but apparently not.  And I just saw the slideshow pic of Obi-Wan. 

And then there's the packaging look.  Are they seriously going to keep the Arena 2-packs in the TLC RED packaging?  Or are these just package mockups?

It's enough to drive you to drink.

Sirstevesguide has a SDCC Q&A with Deryl. He explains in full detail why they are still Red. It actually makes sense. Check it out.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2010, 12:51 PM »
Sirstevesguide has a SDCC Q&A with Deryl. He explains in full detail why they are still Red. It actually makes sense. Check it out.

Can you provide a link, please?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2010, 02:36 PM »
According to JTA, the Geonosis Arena packs are still in the red packaging at the request of Target! Now that's a wow. Apparently Target wanted a uniform look to their exclusive, so that the packaging could also form a full circle.