Author Topic: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs  (Read 66449 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2010, 10:16 PM »
I got an adjustment as well, no problem at all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2010, 01:39 PM »
I got my adjustment on the 12 sets I picked up last week w/o any problem.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2010, 04:02 PM »
If anyone is interested I posted on my Blog some examples to improve the details of Anakan and Shaak Ti from these sets. Not paint or tools are required just older parts. He are two outtakes:

I did not want t post the whole thing as it somewhat falls into the custom area.

On another note, I was able to pick more of the new sets up at the $9.99 price, they rang up that way.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2010, 04:48 PM »
I gave these a close once over yesterday because I was really on the fence at one point about the Geonosian/Shaak Ti set, but man, she is one butt-ugly sculpt IMO. Just seems very crude and poorly assembled. I much prefer the TLC version earlier this year, and even the upcoming TCW version is breathtaking by comparison.

I think maybe that Rodian Jedi is the coolest of the lot...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I got the Rodian pack. He's decent. One knee was looser than I'd like, but that's just luck of the draw probably. His fingers are way too short compared to Greedo and Pax.

The Battle Droid included is an officer without the markings (does that mean he's a red security droid?). And his eyes are inbetween the "earlier, too big releases" and the "current smaller corrected versions". That's odd. Neck was looser than I'd like, but stays up if you pull it all the way up.

I got the older Kit Fisto/Geonosian set instead of the Shaak Ti one. Is it me or is Kit too short and the Geonosian too tall?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:26 PM by scockery »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Thanks for posting that info from your blog JACK.  The only reason I bought the Anakin was to try what you did, so I'll see how it goes.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2010, 02:17 PM »
I've only picked up a couple of these so far, but I have to say - although maybe he isn't talked about much - that the C-3PO figure is really pretty nice.  This is one of the PT figures I thought really needed an update (or really, just a good initial figure since the previous ones were more gimmicky), and I think it looks pretty nice.  I'll probably pick up another pack just to have an extra, and I hope we see it in a re-release at some point.  I got the Shaak Ti set as well, but sort of wish I hadn't.  I like the Geonosian in it well enough to keep it, but the Shaak Ti really doesn't seem to be anything spectacular - but not a horrible figure either.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Every Target I go to has plenty in stock at $9.99. even the first series. I do not get why this entire series was a dog at retail. Overall they were pretty nice.

Brian I agree on the C-3P0.  The paint job on him is really nice. The only downside is his height which is not that big a deal to me.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2010, 11:32 PM »
I bought 4 sets and am happy with my new Jedi.  Many have mentioned their hesitance to buy the Shaak Ti, but I think it's an excellent upgrade -- I can't stand those angle cut elbows from the ROTS figure that I had.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45 PM »
I agree Jesse...  I thought Shaak Ti was fantastic.  I thought her deco was fine, and replacing those lame assed elbows on the ROTS figure is a nice upgrade.  I actually like the tattered look of the dress too since it's feasible to assume she'd actually have that happen since she has basically the same outfit on at all times.  It looks more realistic that way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2010, 01:57 PM »
Saw these at Target mixed in with the first series - only the dark-skinned Jedi was left. I saw the 3PO/R2 and Shaak Ti sets, and I think that's about it. I would have bought the Shaak Ti set, because it's my most wanted. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Oh just by them all - it's fun to have a full circle of Geo sets...I guess   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2010, 04:17 AM »
Took advantage of the sale on these and chose the Dooku set. I had wanted the Shaak Ti set, but I figured that as a female character, and the "anchor" figure of the set (the more appealing one), she isn't that appealing (no sexism intended; Hasbro has said before that female characters don't sell as well).

The Dooku set is really nice. I thought for sure that I would hate the repainted Jedi. But it's a really nice figure! It's very different-looking than the '07 TAC Mace Windu.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Visited Target yesterday, Black Friday, and I'm surprised that these are easy to find (the 1st wave was a smidgen harder to find). Maybe they're restocked evenly, or some of the sets just build up.

But anyways, every one of the sets, minus the 3PO/R2 set, was there, along with one or two of the 1st wave. I saw a little kid rummage through and choose the Dooku set, which, in my area, happens to be the harder-to-find set. Maybe it's because it's the only set to have 2 lightsaber-wielders. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2010, 03:46 PM »
I think another reason these new ones are sitting is that at first glance the general public wouldn't really notice there is anything new on the shelves. I bet if they would have changed the packaging they (the new ones) might've moved faster.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird