Author Topic: Thor: The Toys!  (Read 77592 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: The Toys!
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2012, 12:18 AM »
Crud, I haven't found squat for Thor around here.  If anyone finds a spare Sif, can you grab her for me?

If I see another, she's yours.  Do you care about card condition?

Thanks!  I open all my Marvel stuff, so no worries on the card or bubble. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2012, 10:05 AM »
Because you live in the upper midwest, and you have to compete with all of those Norwegians and Swedes for Thor figures!
:D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Damn, I really want a Sif. All I saw today was a Destroyer and a Volstagg I think. Maybe it was Fandral, I don't remember now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 3, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Found this wave of Thor toys you guys have been talking about...it was at Ollie's here in NY.  $4.99 each.  Saw Fandral and the Destroyer but passed on them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2012, 09:55 AM »
YES!  Finally completed my Thor collection by scoring a Deluxe Heimdall!  I wasn't too enthused about going online to find one, but the prices came down and I was able to score one for $25.

Now I have to start wondering what's in store for the line that's got to be in the works for Thor: The Dark World.  A new Fandral has been cast (Zachary Levi of Chuck fame), and there are rumors that Viggo Mortenson may have been added to the cast as Dr Strange.  Plus, Christopher Eccleston has been cast as Malekith.  He, along with Loki, are probably going to be the central villains in this installment.

Also, are we going to see a crossover of figure sculpts from the Avengers line into the lines of characters like Thor and Cap?  Because truth be told, the movie sculpt of Thor from the Avengers line was a lot better than almost all of the Thor figures from the first Thor film.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:05 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Saw King Loki, Hogun, and Fandral/Volstagg today at TJ MAXX. No sign of Sif.  :(

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 8, 2012, 07:59 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 8, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Its funny to remember these cases were this bad...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?mode=retail&product=HAS19932

That was definitely a pretty suck-a-licious case assortment if there ever was one.  But I don't know if any of those various Thor figures was still as ridiculous of a pegwarmer as the Avenger Iron Man (reactron armor).  That figure is EVERYWHERE.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Saw a different version of the Destroyer today at marshall's called Inferno, all black with some kind of light up chest. Is that thing rare?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Saw a different version of the Destroyer today at marshall's called Inferno, all black with some kind of light up chest. Is that thing rare?

Not something I've ever seen.  Probably like the last wave of Iron Man stuff they received.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2012, 04:50 PM »
I've seen a handful of that version of the Destroyer - mostly at TJ Maxx.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2012, 05:11 PM »
Yeah, that version of the Destroyer was basically a comic repaint of the original version.  Nothing spectacular, really, and not very rare either.

However, there was another Destroyer released by Hasbro as part of a 6" or 8" figure line.  There were just 2 figures in the line:  Thor and the Destroyer.  And truthfully, that Destroyer is probably closer to the actual scale of the Destroyer as we see it in the Thor film.  I only just saw this one recently at 5 Below.  And for $5, I felt like a more scale accurate Destroyer would be a nice addition.

Onto more modern Thor goings on, it sounds like more info has been leaked about Thor - The Dark World.  And based on that, it may be possible that we could see a Jane Foster figure (Natalie Portman).  Will all of the Padme fans here be taking notice in that event?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:13 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2013, 10:59 AM »
A little bit of a look at Thor - The Dark World figures from Toy Fair.  And it's actually a little bit of a surprise, since the movie is slated for a November release.  If anything, I would've thought we would have to wait until SDCC to see these.

There's not much to look at, but the sculpts are a lot better than the Iron Man 3 figures in the 3.75" scale.

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Found Frost Giant King Laufey at 5 Below for $4.  I didn't notice them having Thor figures before. Others were versions of Thor and an Odin.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 4, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Grabbed Volstagg the Fire Blast Destroyer from Five Below for $4 each today.

They had multiple Ice King Laufey, Asgaard Glow Odin, Hogun and King Loki figures as well. Ironic considering how expensive these figures were on the secondary market last year.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!