Author Topic: Target "Attack on/Defense of Hoth" Big BPs  (Read 80634 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Attack on/Defense of Hoth" Big BPs
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2010, 05:28 PM »
I'd skip the bunker. It didn't cut it in the late 90's. They've have to up its size and put somethig on the inside.

New speeder bikes might be nice, as in NEW. I dislike the Clone Wars speeder bike mold  with it's sagging soft plastic front end. The one with the At-At can even sit on the ground well, which the Kenner one from 27 years ago could do. And I actually did like the exploding feature, even if it occassionaly activated when you didn't want it to.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2010, 08:26 PM »
I'd skip the bunker. It didn't cut it in the late 90's. They've have to up its size and put somethig on the inside.

New speeder bikes might be nice, as in NEW. I dislike the Clone Wars speeder bike mold  with it's sagging soft plastic front end. The one with the At-At can even sit on the ground well, which the Kenner one from 27 years ago could do. And I actually did like the exploding feature, even if it occassionaly activated when you didn't want it to.

Seconded.

Here's what I'd probably dig seeing...

Attack On Endor:

-2 Scout Troopers w/removable helmets...  Use the Nik Sant sculpt but generic headsculpts.
-1 of the following...  Either a Black Tuniced Imperial Officer utilizing most of the AT-AT Commander Sculpt with a hat and Needa "skirt", another AT-ST Pilot with perhaps fixed goggles that fit over the helmet, or a Death Star Trooper in the jumpsuit as they appeared on Endor.  I'd probably dig the AT-ST Pilot the most.
-2 NEW Speederbikes...  I agree, the current ones suck, and I mentioned to Hasbro eons ago in the Q&A that it'd be be neat to see it sculpted small, sturdy, and with a clear stand so it appears to float, sort of like the STAP comes with.  They were receptive to the resculpts all that time ago, but it hasn't happened.  I hope it does soon though.  Part of me thinks the new Luke has the ball-jointed hips to ride a new bike a little bit better. ;)
-Endor Logs or some of the outside eqipment seen around the Bunker would be cool.  There are a couple things laying around on the ground , but anything like that to "beef up" the set would be great.

Defense on Endor:

-Nik Sant...  Using the new Endor Commando body and a new vest and head, I'd love to see that figure re-puposed as Nik Sant.
-Generic Endor Rebel...  Using the same vest and a generic headsculpt, voila, instant generic vested Endor Rebel.
-2 Ewoks...  The two who narf the AT-ST are ideal.
-Catapult (or other Ewok trap/weapon, if they can do it).
-Properly Scaled Bunker Doors/front...  I don't care if the interior is plain and hollow like the Hoth tower is, I just would like it if the doors could slide open (both sets would be cool), and that it's scaled right.  Anything less like the POTF2 one is disappointing to me because it's tiny.  It looks kind of goofy, like the POTF2 Hoth Tower looked too.

The Imperial Attack set would definitely need more than just two speederbikes though, but I think if they included that outside gear, it'd be pretty neat.  

And I'd rebuy those speederbikes if they made one with Luke, one with Leia, and a single with a biker scout.  Hell, I'd even buy it another time if they did an EU Rebel speederbike/scout too.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:36 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2010, 10:06 PM »
Assault on Endor
x2 Scouts... 
(blah blah blah)

Defense of Endor
Chewbacca... 
(blah blah blah)

Attack On Endor:
-2 Scout Troopers... 
(blah blah blah)

Defense on Endor:
-Nik Sant... 
(blah blah blah)

Not to pick your nits, but wouldn't the Empire be "defending" Endor and the Ewoks/Rebels "attacking" and/or invading?  :P

Either way, I would be down for your Endor-themed sets next year.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2010, 11:14 PM »
I actually thought about that too, the wording...  I always considered the Empire as sort of attacking/setting up shop on Endor and the Ewoks wanting to defend it...  if that makes sense.  I actually thought about what you're saying though, Jeff.  I wasn't sure how you word that either way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: January 3, 2011, 02:06 AM »
Got a rogue Defense of Hoth set...  Saw it floating about Target in a returns buggy in the toy dept. (Or I raided someone's cart who was buying a buttload of toys of all kinds).  $27 something for it...  I couldn't resist. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 3, 2011, 08:05 AM »
Got a rogue Defense of Hoth set...  Saw it floating about Target in a returns buggy in the toy dept. (Or I raided someone's cart who was buying a buttload of toys of all kinds).  $27 something for it...  I couldn't resist. 

Nice score!  I missed out on the Attack on Hoth set and have had no luck finding one locally (flull price or clearance).  If anyone sees a spare and could grab one for me, I would really appreciate it!!!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: January 3, 2011, 08:52 PM »
The attack set blew out here.  I saw only one at any point even near Christmas, and I think it had to have been a return because that store had been cleared out of either set just prior.

I really felt the Imperial set had to win as the "value" though...  I mean, a vehicle that was $40+ just a year previous, with a ****** pack-in figure, was suddenly now $40 with 3 pack-in figures (1 being completely new and pretty great), and a tri-pod cannon.  Sure, the cannon sucks, but stilll....

Plus the AT-ST's paintjob was pretty distinct, which is always a plus.

I never saw a Rebel set on clearance though, just the $5 off sale prices that floated about, so finding one in the returns buggy made my day.  I believe it's my 6th Rebel set.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 3, 2011, 11:27 PM »
Spotted a lone Imperial set at Target today for $28, but I didn't have the cash on me. Still hoping I can find a Rebel set, but it's not looking good.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #188 on: February 1, 2011, 12:32 AM »
FYI - If anyone is interested another China Seller has the Beardless Rebel in stock at $9.99 each:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Defense-Hoth-Rebel-Trooper-Scarf-/390284344507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adec27cbb

This is the cheapest way to army build with this guy.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 1, 2011, 09:06 AM »
I wish that At-St Driver would have been available. Forgot to pick another up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."