Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556385 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #540 on: October 22, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Thought it was a filler episode to be honest. Wasn't that great. I am going with Merryl as the watcher.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 22, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Good stuff, again. LOVED the machete to the head. But yeah, they should have just executed them all on the spot. Born-again-hard Rick should have seen that coming a mile away.

At least they let the weasely little white guy live. Nothing to worry about with that dude, I'm sure.  :-X

Don't get Carol's sense of urgency about the cadaver practice. That's more important than Glenn watching Hersel? please.

Glad he did not die zombify or die outright. Good luck finding those crutches though.

Carol-watcher will have to be someone from the Governor's camp. Otherwise how will they ever meet up? Andrea sure isn't going to tip them off.

As much as I enjoy seeing Lori get psychologically b*tch-slapped by Rick, those scenes are hard to watch. Ugh. It's going to be all season with those two too.

Just cannot wait to see bayonet-hand Merle next week! That looks like an incredibly awesome episode!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20 AM »
I'd have told the cons to get hell out and don't come back (maybe even lie to them and tell them Atlanta is safe). The "clear a cell block for you" was totally stupid. I'm not Rick, though. I tought he was harsh to let Andrew the baseball bat con get eaten, tough he was probably still a threat as long as he's around. The two remaining, not sure what's gonna happen there, maybe some false direction...the squirrely white guy will be trouble and the quieter tough looking guy be decent.

Also, 5 guys who were stuck in cafeteria for better part of a year would be near crazy, I'd think. I'm not sure why any of them would want to stay in prison. They damn sure would not be so neat looking...was the barber shop in there, too?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:21 AM by scockery »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #543 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38 AM »
Dude's beard was exceptionally well-groomed.  Maybe that's what they did to keep busy.   ;D

I think Rick still tries to be fundamentally decent until such time as he deems it unwise or unsafe.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 22, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Terrific episode. I liked that the pacing did not let up at all. Rick dealing with the prisoners was top-notch, and I felt it was a defining moment for the character and the show. I look forward to seeing what develops with the other two prisoners... I'm hoping Axel (white guy) stays true to the comics but I'm also prepared for changes, as I always am at this point.

Also, 5 guys who were stuck in cafeteria for better part of a year would be near crazy, I'd think. I'm not sure why any of them would want to stay in prison. They damn sure would not be so neat looking...was the barber shop in there, too?

I feel like normal people getting forced into that situation (staying in 1 room w/ four others) would go crazy, but those guys were in prison. They were probably well acquainted to sharing confined spaces with others for long periods of time. And as for grooming, if they made this work:

I'm sure they did just fine using pots and pans as mirrors and cutlery to shave.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #545 on: October 22, 2012, 01:39 PM »
It was hilarious when the convicts went shanking at the zombies and Rick told 'em that prison **** didn't work on undead. My guess is the two remaining bad guys are never seen from again, or they're quick redshirts for next episode.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 22, 2012, 02:12 PM »
I hope they follow along with the comics for the remaining convicts, at least for the most part.  I also kind of wish the "non violent criminal" guy was among them, guess they decided not to go that route like in the comics.  Makes sense though, because with the show, there's less of Hershel's family around... and it's completely different with Andrea being separate from the group, looks like she'll be the one at Woodbury instead of certain other individuals like in the comic. Who knows though.  This is really a fun ride and I'm glad they don't follow the comics 100%, otherwise there would be no surprises for people like me.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:13 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 22, 2012, 02:38 PM »
I actually live in Woodbury.....MN   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #548 on: October 22, 2012, 02:42 PM »
I liked the episode...  I didn't consider it fluff really, but character development for Rick/Darryl's relationship some, and how the "fight the dead, fear the living" motto is a major point of this season.

Carol Watcher was weird...  I was thinking from the town or something too, but I'm thinking a loose prisoner, even worse than the dude we saw dealt with, is out there.

I'd kind of liked to have seen some of the prisoners accepted and become useful people.  Big Tiny especially.  Big dude would've been a big help if you're using ancient military tactics.

Brad, I couldn't agree more on riot shields...  You can't deny, it works.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 22, 2012, 05:28 PM »
I agree Jesse, this wasn't a fluff episode.   If all this show consisted of was killing zombies, it would get old fast.  Instead, they pace it and throw some action in here and there, making the action scenes all the more exciting.

As for the prisoners, I think there's a good chance we'll see some usefullness out of at least one of them.  And I was pulling for the big black dude to become part of the team - seemed like a cool guy, and strong as a mammoth.  What a shame...

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 22, 2012, 07:37 PM »
I picked up the first issue of the official walking dead magazine today, they explain how they are going to veer the tv show in a slightly different direction than the comics. I thought this was another good episode, and I loved how Rick just went batfart crazy on Thomas and chased the other guy, though I wondered what if he got lost in doing so but he made it back without a problem. Now the part with Carl who showed up with a duffel bag full of medical supplies only to have non-observant mommy chastise him for doing so just pushed them further apart. I was glad they didn't have poor old Hershel zombie up this episode so hopefully he'll stick around in a good way for a while.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #551 on: October 22, 2012, 07:39 PM »
Other possible Carol Watcher, and I didn't even think about this, is Merl...  I'm shocked this isn't the first thing I thought about.  He's out there.  He's creepy.  He'd recognize Carol I imagine, and not want to just go up to her.  I'm now going Merl with this one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #552 on: October 22, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Brad, I couldn't agree more on riot shields...  You can't deny, it works.

Obviously there's no history buff nerd in the group. Testudo or phalanx that bitch all the way down the hallway.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 22, 2012, 08:49 PM »
I'm glad they found the prison laundry room so they can put those broads to work.  :D

Daryl: "Carol, stop carving corpses like they was pumkins and wersh my socks!"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 23, 2012, 12:29 AM »
The Carol Watcher isn't Meryl... they showed a preview of next week's episode during Talking Dead (a truly horrible show that I'm not sure why I even watch) and Meryl somehow winds up capturing Andrea and Michonne. Didn't recognize him at first but the TD host nearly had an orgasm after the clip screaming "MERYL MERYL OMG!!!!!!!" afterwards, so I'm ruling him out.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks