Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556419 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #660 on: November 27, 2012, 04:34 PM »
Olympic bow girl shoots at Darryl, he catches it out of the sky and shoots her in the face with the same arrow.  That's about how I'd see that playing out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 27, 2012, 06:32 PM »
I liked the last episode, but yeah, some tough scenes to watch there.  The tied up Glenn versus Zombie was excellent, and I liked that they took time to have Scientist guy researching the zombies, since the Gov clearly wants to know what remains of his Penny.  I'm enjoying all of the characters, even Andrea, as they're coming down to making characters choose their loyalties.  It will be interesting to see where Merle and Darryl net out, as well as Andrea with the coming confrontation.  I'm also pretty impressed that Glenn and Maggie held up so long without giving the prison location.  I think most people would have caved sooner given everything that was thrown at them.

I think we'll see Rick and company escape with Maggie and Glenn, hopefully Andrea as well once she learns about Penny or the Talking Heads collection.  I'd like to see the scientist guy go with them as well.  The Gov probably loses a couple of men, but now he knows where the rest of the group is held up.  So, rather than Carl having to fight off the scouting party, I think we'll see Rick and company make it back and have to defend an all out assault on the prison compound from the Gov in the second half of the season.  Would be cool to see those big guns go up against the prison defenses.  I'm a little worried about Rick's group's size though - they have Darryl, who rocks, but in the comic that group would still have Lori, Tyreese, Dale, Andrea, etc. to help defend the prison.

It will be interesting to see what they do with all the woodbury folks.  Most of them seem like non-fighters, but the Gov says they started with just nine.  That would seem to imply the majority of the town is made up of various survivors, who should be far from helpless.  Given this and their love of the arena, you have to wonder if there's more fight in those people than expected.  On the flip side, I wonder how loyal any of them really are to the Gov if they find out about Penny or the Talking Heads or any of the other crap going on with the Gov. 

Anxious to see where they go next, but I hope the second half of the season ends things with the Gov, gets them moving beyond the prison, and focuses more on Andrea, Michonne, and Tyreese character development. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 28, 2012, 01:48 PM »
i'm loving this season

few thots on last couple of things

back to lori, kinda, wasn't that a bullet that Rick found on the ground when he first walked into the room?  can't imagine zombies knawing on her and spitting that out especially if that bullet was in in her skull.  now i suppose that the bullet could have exited when carl shot her and thats just wear it landed, but i still got this nagging feeling that she's coming back zombiefied.  more then likely she'll be dragging her lower half like the the first zombie rick stumbled across in season 1. 

as michonne goes i'm lovin her, but her swordsmanship i don't know how good she actually is.  i'm no swordsman, even tho i do own a sword, but i'm pretty sure i could do what she's doing.  if u have a sharp enough sword it can't be too hard to cut thru rotting zombies.  thats not to say she doesn't skills, afterall she did get the drop on  Merle and his goons.  But a "swordsman" is someone with ability to go toe to toe with someone else tht has a sword, I look to the show Revolution for some basic swordsmanship.

i'm loving glen more now then ever, that was some bad-ass-ness.  He almost went Black Widow from Avengers with his chair fitting skills.  But that goes to show how stupid Merle is to send that zombie in there after not getting any info out of him first.

best thing for the grp left behind at the prison would be to let the scouting party come on in.  gotta think how hard would it be to for scouting party to try and find them in that prison in the first place.  let the scouting party wonder around a bit and start locking the doors behind them till basically their locked in the prison, then wait them out.  Carls grp knows the prison well enough by now that they could probably pick them off 1 by one in there versus some sort of assault of the prison and defending it.

the wait between midseason finale and the next new episodes are always killer.  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 2, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Holy crap, AWESOME mid season finale tonight. And they replaced the new black guy with another black guy so quickly, I hardly even noticed!

LESBIAN CAROL!
« Last Edit: December 2, 2012, 10:18 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 2, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Yeah...Oscar, we hardly knew ya. I almost thought Andrea was gonna kill him.

Tyrese and friends literally walk into the story. Wonder how that part of the prison was destroyed. For a second I thought that the opening may have been  set in future, sometimes after a confrontation between the Woodburies and Rick's people...but not the case.

Governor got Michowned! HA!

Andrea...an tool as usual.

Did Daryl let himself be captured?

Carl, The Law in the Apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #665 on: December 3, 2012, 07:27 AM »
Like I said on Facebook, the new token negro is a better actor than most of the cast - I hope we have this guy for a while.

Decent episode. Absurd gunplay, someone must be reloading the ammo for everyone and their cousin to shoot as wildly as they do. Must have attracted a lot of Walkers.

Speakings of awful actors, I loved that Michonne got her ass kicked. Maybe now she'll show us a different look than "confused" and "frown"...

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #666 on: December 3, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Can I call a red shirt or can I call a red shirt?

I don't quite get the governor's "We gotta go out and kill every outside settlement" position.  Seems like a waste of resources and an expensive sacrifice of soldiers.  I can see attacking the Army group for equipment, but invading the prison to give it back to the walkers?  Makes very little sense.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 3, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Can I call a red shirt or can I call a red shirt?

Oscar might as well have been wearing a red jumpsuit, and it looks like there are three more reds with Tyrese's group.

I don't quite get the governor's "We gotta go out and kill every outside settlement" position.  Seems like a waste of resources and an expensive sacrifice of soldiers.  I can see attacking the Army group for equipment, but invading the prison to give it back to the walkers?  Makes very little sense.

I think the Governor has problems with any groups that could challenge his authority, so he tries to take them out before they have a chance to do so. A group like Rick's, with a strong alpha male that took this prison the Governor thought was impossible to take, is going to be a huge problem in his eye. Now that Rick and his group attacked Woodbury first, the Governor will be out for vengeance and I think everyone in Woodbury, not just the thugs, will be falling in line behind him.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 3, 2012, 10:08 AM »
Spoiler: If you caught the Talking Dead preview for the next episode (in february), it looks like Tyrese's pals are headed in the death wish direction.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 3, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Literally watched the whole episode on the edge of my seat. A total buffet of awesomeness!

What I Liked:

Tyreese FTW!

Penny Eating a Sword!

Michonne shanking the Governor in the eye!

Glenn and Maggie killing people with walker bones!

Born-again Carl not doing stupid things!

Phillip turning on Merle!

Wolverine-Shane cameo!

What I Didn't Like:

Seriously, keep your eyes on Axel! Sure, we all laughed when he called Carol a lesbian, but...

Oscar, we hardly knew ye!

Andrea, she is single-handedly the WORST part of this show now. I mean, really? The wall of walker heads in aquariums wasn't ENOUGH of a tip-off for you? WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING THERE IDIOT?!?!?!

Michonne not taking 2 seconds to tell Andrea "Oh, BTW I'm here with Rick and your boys"

Darryl not pleading his case to the crowd at the end. Dude, try telling them you weren't a terrorist and you were just trying to get Glenn and Maggie back?

Those dipshits with Tyreese. They need to kill ALL those losers, especially the mouthy woman. February can't come soon enough!

Talking Dead was really good too...always nice to see Damon Lindelof from LOST. (Not Penny's Boat!) Kirkman was excellent as usual. They helped clear up at least one question I had - why would the Gov turn on Merle like that at the end? (Answer: he's pissed that Merle lied about killing Michonne and blames him)

Good, good stuff. Although I do think that being stabbed in the eye with a jagged piece of glass would be a little more incapacitating than what he was emoting.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 3, 2012, 10:44 AM »
New black woman will be the first to go. Too many of those now.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #671 on: December 3, 2012, 08:26 PM »
G's up, hoes down.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 3, 2012, 10:09 PM »
They need to ease up on the cannon/walker fodder a little. This thing running into new people or vice-versa every other episode just so some one disposable can get shot or eaten is tedious. Think about, this season is half over and they've encounted 3 other groups of survivors (Woodbury, Prisoners, Tyreese's group) and one loner (hermit). I'm not even counting the national guard, since only the Governer's people really "met" them. All of last season they encountered 2 (the farm and bar jerks' crew) and one loner (Michonne...barely).

« Last Edit: December 3, 2012, 10:11 PM by scockery »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 8, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Really good mid-season finale, I think the coolest scene was Rick 'seeing' ghost Shane during the gun battle only to find it was another guy after the kill. I'm guessing between last weeks' tease of assaulting Maggie by the Gov and Michonne's fight with the Gov this week covers what the comics had go down (ok maybe bad choice of words) between Michonne and the Gov. But they kept the part of Glenn being locked in the next room. I also agree with the question why they have to kill off each new black guy like that, but I know Tyrese was very popular in the comics. I also noticed the little detail of Maggie shooting Oscar before they finally jump over the trucks. Somehow, I got a feeling the Gov's little 'terrorist' speech at the end with Merle and Daryl is more for the people though I would also admit he's pretty pissed at Merle for not really killing Michonne like he said he did. Merle and Daryl should be an interesting sub-plot considering they aren't even in the comics at all. Feb. 10th, two months away!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 8, 2012, 01:06 PM »
I think the Governor is going to be a total hard ass from here on out.  He was nuts before, but mostly decent in public. With Penny gone, I think he could care less about anything other than revenge.  He clearly wasnt able to accept that Penny was already gone, so he's going to struggle with that loss even more than most. I can't get wait to see them use those heavy guns on the prison.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today