Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Kenner "Special Action Figure Set" 3-Packs

<< < (45/45)

Jesse James:
I thought the Snags/Droids set came out together, but didn't recall a 3rd set.  Again though it's so easy to forget because it is old stuff in a new box.  I thought all that wave had a new figure in each set though?

What was the wave of 3-packs before it?  Was that the 9-pack set?

JediJman:
I bought a full case of the Droids/Snags assortment.  That was just two different sets (3x of each). 

Jayson:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on March 19, 2014, 01:20 AM ---I thought the Snags/Droids set came out together, but didn't recall a 3rd set.  Again though it's so easy to forget because it is old stuff in a new box.  I thought all that wave had a new figure in each set though?

What was the wave of 3-packs before it?  Was that the 9-pack set?

--- End quote ---

Vintage 9pk
- Imperial Set (4-LOM, AT-AT Driver, TIE Pilot)
- Hoth Rebels (Hoth Han, Hoth Rebel Trooper, FX-7)
- Bespin Alliance (Bespin Guard, Lando, Bespin Luke)

Villian Set (Stormtrooper, Vader, Death Star Trooper)
Hero Set (X-wing Luke, Obi-Wan, Han)
Rebel Set (2-1B, Hoth Leia, Hoth Rebel Trooper)

Android Set (Chewy, R2, 3PO)
Imperial Forces Set (Bossk, Snowtrooper, IG-88)
Imperial Set (Imperial Commander [gray], AT-AT Driver, Dengar)

Droid Set (R5-D4, Death Star Droid, Power Droid)
Villian Set (Snaggletooth, Boba Fett, Sand People)

Scott:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on March 18, 2014, 03:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jayson on March 18, 2014, 12:18 AM ---but the overall concept could have been easily modified to get us "throwback" repaint DS Commander or vinyl cape Jawa. Even a TVC Ponda Baba molded in vintage blue/orange would have been awesome.

--- End quote ---

I tried dropping a hint at last year's TF that the Cantina three-some of Walrusman, Greedo and Hammerhead in that deco would be a cool addition and the Hasbro rep thought so, too, but we'll see if they remember that stuff.

--- End quote ---
I brought this up (in this thread prolly) that this would have been awesome

Jesse James:
I know we were discussing the grey DST in here at one point...  As much as I too want stuff like that, I really would prefer something more than a deco change.  I'd like those outfits...  Walrus man with the flipper feet boots, and a unitard thing, Greedo with the funky suit and boots...

The Death Squad Commander would be my most wanted though.  Grey suit, not just a repaint of the current Naval Commander figure, but a unique tunic (it's zipped up different than the INC's outfit), and the head with the headset under the helmet...  The POTF2 figure got that, and I'd be cool if they duplicated it. 

The vintage figure has a rank badge painted on, which isn't accurate, but I'd still take it on an update.

I'd love modern figures of the aliens though in their goofy little jumpsuits.  Modern sculpts, but goofy outfits and colors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version