Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

Do You Display Your Vintage Figures?

<< < (3/9) > >>

Darby:
I need to take pics of my set up.  I have all my vintage in a display case, separate from the modern.

Rob:

--- Quote from: McMetal on March 10, 2011, 02:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rob on March  9, 2011, 06:13 PM ---Here's mine... on a shelf with risers just like everything else:

--- End quote ---

What's the deal with that Yarna?  ???

--- End quote ---

A custom based on a prototype for a canceled vintage figure.  In my opinion, it's the best one out there.  Fits right in with the regular vintage line.  Here's a photo of the original wax sculpt:

McMetal:

--- Quote from: Rob on March 13, 2011, 03:37 AM ---
A custom based on a prototype for a canceled vintage figure.  In my opinion, it's the best one out there.  Fits right in with the regular vintage line.  Here's a photo of the original wax sculpt:

--- End quote ---

I thought so! That is amazing, man. Where did you find that? Was it very expensive? (AND HOW CAN I GET ONE?!?!)

Rob:
Ryan Shaw did about 20-25 of them a few years ago.  I had emailed him about one back when I was in college but was too broke to buy it.  A few years later I emailed him again and ask if it was too late and he remembered our exchange and agreed to make one more.  He said the molds were no good after that.  I don't remember the exact price, but it was worth every penny.  The only way to get one would be to find one of the 20 or 25 people who bought them and convince them to part with it.  

I also have a pretty awesome vintage-style Sandtrooper from him that you can't really see in the above photos... (he just sent the torso, the rest was up to me) :

SWJACK:
Ryans' made a really cool slave Leia as well recently  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version