Author Topic: CW Mandalorian Troop Shuttle  (Read 69802 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: CW Mandalorian Troop Shuttle
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 08:36 AM »
To each their own, but why wouldn't you pay a bit less for Canadian packaging?  It says all the same stuff + some French.  I don't want all my stuff Canadian, but for the price difference, why not?  Just curious.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Yeah, it's my damn Collector's Brain. If everything else in my collection is the official US version (aside from Euro exclusives), I can't have one item that sticks out like a sore thumb. If ALL that was out there was the foreign packaging, my OCD would accept it, but knowing that there are finished US versions available means that part of my brain will never rest easy until I have it.

Plus aesthetically, it just looks too busy with all that writing, I like the more spartan packaging.

Crazy, I know.

To quote Homer Simpson, "Stupid brain!"
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 09:12 AM »
I personally don't care about tri-logo versions compared with a US packaged release.  That's the freedom of being an opener, I suppose.  But if this winds up being super-rare, I can't understand this great aversion to a tri-logo release...even among MIMB collectors.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 09:18 AM »
To each their own, but why wouldn't you pay a bit less for Canadian packaging?  It says all the same stuff + some French.  I don't want all my stuff Canadian, but for the price difference, why not?  Just curious.

My only defense is OCD. I know there is a US version, then I must have the US version. If I get one to open, I will gladly pick up the Canadian version - that doesn't bother me.

But for my MIMB collection - yeah - it has to be the US version.

The sick part to my collecting is that if this vehicle IS re-released in next year's Yoda-themed packaging, then I will still pick up one of those re-releases to keep MIB as well.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 12:22 PM »
It boggles my mind why Hasbro will not repack this and the Republic Cannon but keeps reshipping vehicles everyone had enough like Anakins CW Starfighter and Obi-Wans ROTS Starfighter. I just cancelled the rest of my order since EE cancelled my order on this. I had a second Republic Cannon on preorder but I do not really need it. This looked like an interesting vehicle but I cant say I am heartbroken. I am really bored of CW and PT vehicles.

I hope they fix these issues in 2013.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 02:36 PM »
That's the real problem, isn't it?  They flood the market with certain items that a large percentage of their market already has bought... but then when there's actual NEW product that everyone wants to get their hands on, there's nowhere for it to go.  The retailers don't want to order something if they don't have room for it.

I don't think Hasbro has adapted well at all to the "new norm" for higher prices that the market is expected to pay.  The first real collapse we saw was the Comic Packs.  People weren't getting enough bang for our buck with these, especially when there were so many figures that were cheap looking, were using too much old tooling, etc.  It was acceptable when we were paying $10 a pop, but not when it got much higher than that.

We've see in it figures too.  If $10 is the new normal for figures, who is going to shell that out for repacks that they already have?  When we were looking at $5 figures, the market could easily absorb Hasbro's mistakes.  But those days are long gone.  And now we're looking at vehicles no longer priced around $20, it's more around $30-$32 each - but they continue to just repack the old stuff, thinking it will sell.

Hasbro is out to make money, but seems to really be getting lazy.  They have been able to depend on the popularity of the brand for years to sustain itself even when they made mistakes, but I don't think they're able to do that any more (or at least not to the degree they could in the past).  I really hope that the brains there are realizing this.  And I don't blame retailers for this debacle.  They're not the ones creating the poorly chosen assortments that are preventing subsequent waves of figures/vehicles/etc from hitting the pegs - Hasbro is. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 02:58 PM »
I agree with every point Chewie has made. If the product they are carrying is not moving would would any retailer reorder?

The old important $20 price point became $25, now it's $29.99. I think this pricepoint is doomed or will be very limited, it will become and exclusive for retailers. (I am so pissed I missed out on preording the Naboo fighter. I know I will be paying a premium.)

Hasbro has not adapted at all to the current retail enviornment. I get the need to reship some existing tooling to help pay for new tooling and appeal to kids but what the hell were they thing with ROTS Obi-Wan Starfighter, ROTS AT-## and the V-torrent. Obi-Wans ship still sells well, the other 2 have rotted immensley. They should have went with the Republic cannon or Mando ship in place of one of those 2. I think that would have had good appeal and help the sales for new product. 2 old one new could have worked.

At this point in my collecting career I do not have the desire to hunt box stores like before, the time and expense of gas cannot be justified when 9.9 out of 10 times you find nothing in them anyway. I rather pay a few dollars more online than waste time/gas. I also rather pay more for high quality exclusive ships with great paint ops than sacraficing deco to meet "key" retail pricepoints. I have high hopes for all of the upcoming OT vehicles for TRU.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Having also learned my lesson from this experience - I just ordered a set of the Naboo Fighter/Green Fighter Tank/Anakin JSF for my MIB collection. I was going to get all three anyway - so paying the premium to ensure that I get them all was worth it.

I also have very little faith in them making it stores any time soon.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2012, 05:03 PM »
They were pumping out the newer/repaint assault vehicles like clockwork for awhile there...Shame to see it all came to a halt.  Not really sure I want to go to lengths to get the Mando ship, but was looking forward to the Naboo taxi so I hope that makes it to retail.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 11:25 PM »
It boggles my mind why Hasbro will not repack this and the Republic Cannon but keeps reshipping vehicles everyone had enough like Anakins CW Starfighter and Obi-Wans ROTS Starfighter.

I think they will, ultimately...  I think it's just a matter of time.  They rarely ever waste a tooling, and they may just be putting this off since Mandalorians seem to once again be appearing in TCW next season and maybe for a distinctly longer story arc, and hopefully better one.

I could see this in next year's packaging, ultimately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2012, 11:34 PM »
I could see this in next year's packaging, ultimately.

I think/hope you're right.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 11:38 PM »
I do too CHEWIE...  I mean, ultimately if I had no hastle, I'd probably buy it...  Same with the Cloen Cannon.  I never saw it at a store so I never bought one.  I want to walk in with extra $ and want to buy this stuff.  it's probably the only way I'll ever own either, or never own neither, depending on how things pan out.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 12:45 AM »
Ok - so here's something that doesn't make sense to me...

When the line re-launched in support of the 3D re-release of TPM - the most prominent sub-line that supported EP1 was the Vintage line. Right?

So why were the AT-AP, Obi-Wan's EP3 JSF and the V-19 Torrent Starfighter in the Vintage vehicle assortment?

Wouldn't it have made A LOT more sense to have the Pod Racer re-packs, updated Trade Federation Tank and the new Naboo Fighter in the Vintage packaging instead?

That would have freed up the regular Class 2 line to have re-packed vehicles from the END of he SotDS line - like the Republic Canon and the Mandalorian Assault Transport.

I don't understand why the V-19 couldn't have waited until next year during the AotC 3D movie year and the other two vehicles couldn't have waited unil the RotS 3D movie year.

Give the EP3 JSF a break for couple of years - you might actually sell more in two years when there's media to support it.
Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 07:32 AM »
No, no, no.  It doesn't work like that Pete.  Hasbro puts whatever they want in a shiny new box and we're all supposed to just go buy it, no questions asked. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2012, 08:40 AM »
Ok - so here's something that doesn't make sense to me...

When the line re-launched in support of the 3D re-release of TPM - the most prominent sub-line that supported EP1 was the Vintage line. Right?

So why were the AT-AP, Obi-Wan's EP3 JSF and the V-19 Torrent Starfighter in the Vintage vehicle assortment?

Wouldn't it have made A LOT more sense to have the Pod Racer re-packs, updated Trade Federation Tank and the new Naboo Fighter in the Vintage packaging instead?

That would have freed up the regular Class 2 line to have re-packed vehicles from the END of the SotDS line - like the Republic Cannon and the Mandalorian Assault Transport.

Yep, that would have been a million times better, no doubt.

I don't understand how a company that does this for its livelihood is just so bad at it. Their creative department  is top notch, but their marketing, accounting and management just can't seem to make a good decision for the life of them.

This stupid Mando thing has now become the Holy Grail toy my collection, and based what I'm seeing online, or rather, NOT seeing, it is going to be a long time before I ever get one.  >:(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy