Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5  (Read 87771 times)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5
« Reply #300 on: June 1, 2011, 02:30 PM »
I have a Ceremony Luke on the way to my home. I was going to head swap a Death star Escape Luke with that one. Has anyone tried this? The ceremony Luke's head looks terrible online.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #301 on: June 1, 2011, 02:52 PM »
I think I tried. It doesn't fit.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 1, 2011, 02:56 PM »
thanks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #303 on: June 1, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Yeah, not too many Luke heads seem interchangeable...  And ultimately you'd have to do some repainting too.  That Ceremony Luke's biggest flaw is his paintjob on the skin.  He's like he just got off the wildest roller coaster after he had a big lunch.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #304 on: June 1, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Yeah, not too many Luke heads seem interchangeable...  And ultimately you'd have to do some repainting too.  That Ceremony Luke's biggest flaw is his paintjob on the skin.  He's like he just got off the wildest roller coaster after he had a big lunch.

And then washed his hair with butterscotch pudding.  ::) :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 1, 2011, 05:34 PM »

And then washed his hair with butterscotch pudding.  ::) :P

Twas a great day for Yavin, and therefore, the galaxy.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 1, 2011, 09:38 PM »
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Well he was attempted here (look midpage) using the Resurgence head. It seems a dremmel was invloved. I will show my attempt if he comes out alright.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #307 on: June 2, 2011, 01:23 AM »
Thanks for the plug but here is the direct link to my Luke mods with instructions (Most did not need much to dremmel out in order to make it fit. some did not need it at all.)

http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/2011/04/little-differences-yavin-stormtrooper.html

Hopefully that helps, they make a huge difference.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 2, 2011, 06:56 AM »
Thanks for the plug but here is the direct link to my Luke mods with instructions (Most did not need much to dremmel out in order to make it fit. some did not need it at all.)

http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/2011/04/little-differences-yavin-stormtrooper.html

Hopefully that helps, they make a huge difference.

Thanks Jack for the instructions. When I found the extra Death Star Luke I knew right then this was a custom I wanted to attempt.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2011, 12:21 AM »
My local WM put out a pallet display thingy full of two-to-three cases worth of this wave. The Stormtrooper and Utapau Clone had very yellow helmets, but the worst part is this store having three more cases of this wave they'll have to sell.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DarthBinge

• Youngling
  • I am Sith.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2011, 01:03 AM »
So did my Walmart. Could we have possibly been to the same one? It was filled with nothing but Wave 5.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2011, 01:57 AM »
My local WM put out a pallet display thingy full of two-to-three cases worth of this wave. The Stormtrooper and Utapau Clone had very yellow helmets, but the worst part is this store having three more cases of this wave they'll have to sell.

Crazy.

The only positive I can see is that if waves 4, 5, and 6 are all still making their way out, then Wave 7 should ship into 2012, haha.  I could do without seeing 4, 5, and 6 anymore though.  I know some guys haven't seen something out of those waves, but for me I've seen them all steadily at WM, Target, and TRU alike.  For me, the sheer volume of ROTS Clones is testament to how many of those waves I've seen at WM and Target.   :-\

Wave 7, that's all I care to see now till the Revenge carded wave starts showing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:58 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2011, 02:13 AM »
Wave 7, that's all I care to see now till the Revenge carded wave starts showing.

I'll take Wave 7 and more Wedge Revision of Wave 3 - I'd love to pick up a Wedge and maybe a couple more Wicket and Gamorreans. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2011, 08:38 AM »

I'll take Wave 7 and more Wedge Revision of Wave 3 - I'd love to pick up a Wedge and maybe a couple more Wicket and Gamorreans. ;)

I wonder if Hasbro would ever consider just shipping a full case of 12 Wedges out to stores.  You'd think packing all 12 of the same figure would be cheaper for them, and I'm sure retailers would burn thru the supply quickly.  I'm surprised they don't do more of that for high demand items in this day and age - it isn't like they haven't had months and months to figure this out.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2011, 12:54 PM »
I'd guess not since anytime they're asked about "solid cases" they're really against it.  The last time they did it was Darth Maul, and that didn't go over well, in a movie year, with the main selling point character.   :-\

Wedge is getting reshipped and I think that'll ultimately make him pretty available to everyone who wants one, assuming things at retail are cleared out a little by then.  I'd forgotten the Wave 3 revision though, and I'd take some more of it for sure since it only surfaced here very briefly.

Does it have that ROTS Clone in it though?  I'm guessing it does.  That's not what we need here, that's for sure, haha.