Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108082 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #315 on: April 1, 2015, 05:03 PM »
Most of the recent Marvel movies have offered up decent versions of the characters in Avengers - Age of Ultron in their respective figure lines.  There are versions of Black Widow, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Thor and War Machine (provided he plays a role in the film) that would all be reasonable figures to reissue if Hasbro had moved forward with a fully articulated 3.75" figure line.  And this new version of Iron Man is a good representation of the new Mark 43 armor.

So who does that leave?  Hawkeye (new look), Captain America (new uniform), Hulk (not done well previously), the twins, Ultron and the Vision.  All told, it wouldn't have been that crazy of a line to build had Hasbro pursued it.

I agree - would have been awesome to see them make a MCU Ultron in the Infinite line style...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2015, 03:13 AM »
Found a three pack of 5POA Age of Ultron figures today at Target - it contains:
  • Mark 43 Iron Man which a MUCH BETTER paint job than the single carded figure
  • "Busted Up" Ultron (from the trailer)
  • Ultron 2.0 with clear-red forearms

The Ultron 2.0 figure looks like it's the same mold as the single carded Ultron 2.0 figure that's coming out soon - only difference is the fact that the forearms are clear red.

Hopefully finding the Loki, Iron Legion, War Machine and Scarlet Witch figures from Wave 2 of the 5POA 3.75" line won't be hard to find in stores - I was thinking that the Ultron would be hard to get, but since I have this version from the 3-pack, I really don't care if I get the single carded version or not.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:13 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2015, 04:41 PM »
So it turns out that TRU has a pair of exclusive 2-packs for Avengers - Age of Ultron.  And they're in line with the Avengers Infinite line, since the figures are 3.75" scale with good articulation.  One set features Cap and Black Widow.  Cap is a reissue from the Winter Soldier line, but with the regular deco shield.  And the Black Widow seems to be a re-decoed version of the figure offered in the first Avengers line.  The winner in these sets though, is the Iron Man and Nick Fury 2-pack.  Iron Man is a new figure, depicting the Mark 43 armor.  Fury appears to be similar to the version offered in the first Avengers movie figure line.

These are selling for $19.99 each.  And right now TRU has a BOGO 40% off sale.

I was in TRU yesterday and saw a pack with Hawkeye and Falcon in it. I had never seen or heard of it before, and they only had one on the shelves. Should have grabbed a picture. Both appeared to be repaints of older movie figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2015, 10:43 PM »
I found that on Amazon just now:

Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Movie, Exclusive Hawkeye and Falcon Action Figures, 3.75 Inches

With the exception of Iron Man and the Black Widow repaint, everything in these 2-packs have been reissues.  I was hoping that we might at least get a Hulk that's somewhat in scale with the 3.75" figures, but I'm not holding out hope.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2015, 12:58 PM »
$40?!  What?  Is this supposed to be a TRU exclusive?  I found it on the TRU.UK site.  Are these more like the 5 POA Avengers figures like the scarlet Witch figure or the more articulated figs that would fit in with the Marvel Infinites line?  I cannot tell from the pics - almost seems like a cross between the two.  I never got the Falcon from the Captain America line, so might be interested in grabbing this...if I can find it for about half that price.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2015, 10:39 AM »
No.  This 2-pack is a straight repack of the Hawkeye figure from the first Avengers toy line, and Falcon came from the Captain America - The Winter Soldier toy line.  You can probably find that Falcon at stores like 5 Below.  You can also find that Falcon on Amazon
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:40 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2015, 10:58 AM »
Thanks Nick.  No difference in paint aps that you know of either?  Much cheaper to pick up the first versions if they're identical.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2015, 11:12 AM »
I haven't seen the 2-pack in person.  But based on the image above?  Yeah, this set looks like a straight repack.

But in these sets, what about the Hulk?  What about Thor?  What about the Maximoff twins or the Vision?  And most importantly?  What about ULTRON!?!?!  Those are the figures that I really wanted to see with good articulation in this line of 2-packs.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 28, 2015, 02:07 PM »
I took a look at the Falcon from the Captain America - The Winter Soldier line and compared it with this one.  The only difference I found with this 2-pack version is that there are some very small red markings on the wings.  Otherwise, it's the exact same figure.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 28, 2015, 05:30 PM »
Cool - thanks for the update Nick!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 28, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Kind of bummed that there's no 3.75" figures being offered in conjunction with Infinity War.  There's a lot of potential there, especially since there are so many Avengers now.

But this low end 6" line?  UCK!  It looks so bad.  It's almost like they want people to be so repulsed by that line that they feel like they have to buy the 6" Marvel Legends Thanos B-A-F series.

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 28, 2018, 10:01 AM »
I took a look at those "budget" 6" figures, and it is disappointing they aren't a little better quality, because the selection is pretty decent. I will say though, I have picked up the Legends figures, and they are pretty nice.