Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108307 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2012, 04:46 PM »
I knew it was basically a skeleton on the bottom but that's too bad.  Has anyone got a link to a review of the SDCC version with pictures?  I'd like to see it compared to the photo Greg posted only with the Quinjet on the SDCC version for reference.

Even with its shortcomings, I was thinking about the SDCC version just because of the size and total ridiculousness of it.

E...

Nevermind, Google is my friend: Review and Unboxing the Helicarrier.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:55 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 1, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Anybody else having a tough time finding a movie version of Cap?  I figured he'd be somewhat of a pegwarmer, so I put off picking one up when the line first hit.  But now all I see is the Super Shield version and an occasional rocket launcher concept version.  I've seen way more unmasked rocket launcher versions than I have movie versions lately.

my son wanted one for his recent bday and I had to hit up a few stores to finally find one. When it comes to Thor though, he and I both preferred the figs from the Thor movie and so when TRU had their $7 figs two weeks ago I got him 3 sw figs and thor and loki from the thor movie line; much better overall than the avengers' version.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 1, 2012, 11:22 AM »
I saw the Helicarrier thing at TRU the other day.  It looked a lot smaller than I expected, and kind of silly because it was so small.  It was $69.99.  They had two of them.

Yeah I was gonna post that I'd found one at TRU as well but never got to it. I agree it looked way too small and very 'toy-ish'.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 2, 2012, 03:07 AM »
I ran into a couple Skrulls and a pair of movie Hawkeye figures at a KMart last weekend.  Didn't buy any but that Hawkeye figure is actually one of the best looking Avengers figures I've seen.  Much better than the Thor and Cap figures anyway...IMO.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 6, 2012, 02:42 PM »
Scored one Hawkeye today at the oldest wallyworld in my town this morning. Saw they had about 4 skrulls on the pegs so I knew they at least "HAD" a couple Hawkeye's and Black Widow's at some point. Then I looked down on the shelf and there were two Hawkeye's waiting to be purchased. Picked the one with the best paint job as far as I could tell.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 7, 2012, 04:23 PM »
I was at a Disney outlet store over the weekend while on vacation and was surprised to see a healthy offering of Marvel Selects figures...mostly Black Widow or Hawkeye. These looked different the the similarly scaled versions I have seen at Walmart.

The cool thing was, they each came with a base that included parts of a burnt out Ultron. Have not seen these before but seemed kinda neat.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2012, 09:08 AM »
First I had heard of this, but MarvelousNews has a store finding report of a Target exclusive 8 pack of Avengers figures containing Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury, and Loki.  Not sure on price, but that would sure be an easy way to get the whole works (aside from the Chitauri), and make for a nice Christmas present:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=15250

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2012, 04:31 PM »
First I had heard of this, but MarvelousNews has a store finding report of a Target exclusive 8 pack of Avengers figures containing Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury, and Loki.  Not sure on price, but that would sure be an easy way to get the whole works (aside from the Chitauri), and make for a nice Christmas present:

That's pretty cool - I wish they had listed the price point.  I'll probably still pass as I don't like or already have pretty much all of those versions.  Would have been a nice exclusive to release back when the movie first came out. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2012, 05:42 PM »

That's a BS multipack, and Hasbro knows it. We've yet to see an Avengers Nick Fury make it to retail, but all of these other figures are on the market in varying quantities. Are they seriously trying to get collectors to buy a pack full of 7 figures they may already have in the name of getting one new figure?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Are they seriously trying to get collectors to buy a pack full of 7 figures they may already have in the name of getting one new figure?

Because Hasbro's never had a precedent to this it is surprising?  Where's the sarcasm smiley? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Are they seriously trying to get collectors to buy a pack full of 7 figures they may already have in the name of getting one new figure?

Because Hasbro's never had a precedent to this it is surprising?  Where's the sarcasm smiley? 

Silly me.

;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2012, 09:40 AM »
I recently decided to sell off my four inch Marvel Movie figures and upgrade to the six inch versions. I got very lucky on two different occasions this week and was able to acquire all six Wal-Mart exclusive Avengers figures. All six figures are very cool, and I'm extremely happy with how awesome they look together. Obviously the sculpts, articulation, and paint apps are better than the four inch versions, but the size differences between the characters are almost perfect. The only regret I have with switching scales is that a six inch movie Black Widow isn't available... hopefully Hasbro will fix that in a future movie line.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2012, 12:48 PM »
I finally found a Hawkeye, three of them at TRU in fact. Snagged two, one for Former JediDefender Poster Famine, but turns out he already has one. It's up for trade, and if nobody wants it then I'm taking it back this weekend.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2012, 03:17 PM »
I finally found a Hawkeye, three of them at TRU in fact. Snagged two, one for Former JediDefender Poster Famine, but turns out he already has one. It's up for trade, and if nobody wants it then I'm taking it back this weekend.

Is that a 6" Hawkeye?  If so, I'm interested.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2012, 03:46 PM »

Is that a 6" Hawkeye?  If so, I'm interested.

If I had to guess, I'd go with the 4" Hawkeye.  The 6" figures are exclusive to Walmart, so he probably wouldn't be finding it at TRU.