Author Topic: 2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures  (Read 40665 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures
« Reply #60 on: June 6, 2012, 05:07 PM »
37 pages of fun on tfw...haven't checked out HISS though....

Transformers collectors' club (official)
due to the high bandwidth demand for the transformers' club and botcon products, we have been forced to take the store server for the transformers' and g.i. Joe collectors' clubs offline. The system our new store software was installed on will not support the bandwidth demands that are being placed on it. The store software company will be moving us to a different server with more capacity.

So, the transformers and g.i. Joe collectors' club stores will be offline for several days. We will let you know when we are operational again.

Thanks for your patience and support.

If you received a confirmation email or see a charge on your credit card, you have a good order in the system. This move will not affect any order that went through.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your enthusiasm about these products.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #61 on: June 6, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Did they try to sell the extra membership figures? The demand for Footloose alone could have crashed Amazon.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 7, 2012, 12:26 PM »
I didn't know they were even putting the GI Joe store back online, I thought it was just the Transformers site.  I didn't even look at it, I need to get in and get my Man of Evil!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2012, 03:01 AM »
FSS is live!

A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE G.I. JOE COLLECTORS’ CLUB. Re: FSS

The launch of the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club Figure Subscription Service is imminent; we will notify you the link when we make the service active. While we are loading the final details, here are some things to remember:

1. You must be a member of the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club to take advantage of the Figure Subscription Service.

2. There is NO reason to rush the site or be in a hurry as this is a build to order system. We will build as many as you order, so we cannot run out. YOU CAN ORDER AS MANY AS YOU WANT, there is no limit.
3. What you do need to be concerned about is the closing date of the subscription service, which ENDS on September 4th at midnight.

4. You can either pay In Full or by Installment. There will be 3 installments. When you subscribe and choose pay by Installment, you will be billed for the first two months’ shipments. Then sometime during the second month, you will be billed for the 3rd and 4th months’ shipments and sometime during the 4th month you will be billed for the final 2 months’ shipments.

5. Your free surprise 13th figure will come with your final shipment during the 6th month.

6. The figures will be shipped in random order. All members receive the same figures each month. The figure pairings will not be preannounced. So if you don’t mind, when you get your shipment each month, PLEASE do not go online and tell what you received. We want each shipment to be a surprise for as many members as possible.

7. The cost is $294 if Paid In Full (plus shipping) or three Installments of $98 (plus shipping). Please note that there is a $3 online processing fee for each billing. We take Visa, Discover or MasterCard. Unfortunately we cannot accept Money Orders or Checks for this offer.

8. If you pick a shipping service that does not include insurance or if you don’t pick the insurance, we do not have any responsibility for replacement of lost or damaged or misdirected orders.

9. If you move or need to change your credit card during the program, you can log into your account and change it there. This will change all of your future FSS billings and shipments. We will also be sending you reminders to check your address and cc before each billing/shipment goes out. We are not responsible for shipments that are lost due to incorrect shipping information on file.

10. We are waiting on the final schedule from China so we don’t know exactly when the first figures will ship. We hope it will be by Christmas. We will announce this as soon as we get the final schedule.

11. Some of the figures (single figures) MAY be available in the Club Store after the subscriber’s figures ship. These will be at a price of $32 per figure. There is no guarantee of availability of any of the figures in the club store. If you want to ensure getting these limited edition figures, you need to subscribe to the service.

/ Considering I paid $40 for Jinx and Zarana, $30ish for these doesn't seem so bad. After missing Voltar and Darklon, I think I'll grab this sub.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2012, 06:52 AM »

6. The figures will be shipped in random order. All members receive the same figures each month. The figure pairings will not be preannounced. So if you don’t mind, when you get your shipment each month, PLEASE do not go online and tell what you received. We want each shipment to be a surprise for as many members as possible.

Riiiiiiight.  Good luck with that.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2012, 10:16 AM »
good luck with this whole ordeal....  Crazy.  It breaks down to what, $23 and change per figure?  And that doesn't even include shipping?  wtf???

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2012, 10:22 AM »
BBTS already has them up for preorder and some are already sold out, can you guess which ones?  http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=2012+subscription

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2012, 04:06 PM »
I decided that I am going to do this even though I only want Big Boa, Cover Girl, Topside, and Sure Fire.   I would try to trade the rest for Joes I don't have.  But for $294  :P and Membership fee (which I don't have) It going to suck but it beats paying $100 for Big Boa.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2012, 05:31 PM »
oh wow, I forgot about tacking on the membership fee into my cost figures....  good lord thats a lot of money for 13 action figures...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Well, if you got a membership now, you'll get Iceberg next spring as well. Looks like the bagged Footloose is finally sold out, though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2012, 12:16 AM »
And, right on cue, another personal info debacle:

Originally Posted by Monkeywrench (from Hisstank)
Just a warning guys. I ordered a FSS sub last night and I received my email confirmation today. Only one problem:

The email Confirmation I got is for another person! This email has all of his info including the type of credit card and the last 4 digits of it!!! This concerns me because I have his info, so who has mine?!?

Buyers Beware!

Apparently the Club is getting addresses/confirmations confused from the Joe and TF subs. What a bushleague operation.

I was considering buying Voltar and Darklon for more than  $100 each on ebay, and it appears that might be the smartest thing to do to acquire Big Boa. There's just no way I can willingly give them any card info, outside of using one of those reloadable deals.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2012, 08:09 AM »
Does not surprise me at all.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 3, 2012, 03:32 AM »
Just tried to subscribe, and both my cards were declined. Obviously a problem on their end, but considering all the roadblocks thrown up in my way, it's fate telling me not to sub, so screw it.

I really wanted a bunch of these figures, but from these bushleaguers? Well, they can just take a long walk off a short pier, and take Iceberg with them. I'm done with them.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 4, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Well, I subscribed last night.  I was kind of back and forth on it the last couple of weeks but ended up deciding to do it because there were a few figures in there that I wanted.  We'll see how it goes.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 4, 2012, 01:09 PM »
The Club called me this morning and everything got straightened out, so I'm also a subscriber now. Here we go.  >:D