Author Topic: Super Hero / Comic Book TV Development  (Read 30055 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Super Hero / Comic Book TV Development
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2016, 05:20 PM »
I watched the pilot and it's interesting.  I've never read Preacher, but I've read Crossed and The Boys, so I'm a fan of Garth Ennis' work.

If anyone missed the pilot, they are going to re-air it this Sunday at 9 pm EDT.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2016, 08:13 AM »
Yeah, so far I'm liking what they're doing with Preacher.  Tulip is a bit more energetic than I remember.  But that's probably an improvement.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23 PM »
It was a challenge to sit through 90 minutes of I don't know WTF is going on here, but Preacher looks potentially promising. I worry about shows that generate so many questions right off the bat but hopefully they get to it all in time.

I literally cannot understand a single word out of the Irish guy's mouth either. I'm gonna have to watch the re-airing with subtitles...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2016, 07:52 AM »
I literally cannot understand a single word out of the Irish guy's mouth either. I'm gonna have to watch the re-airing with subtitles...

You couldn't understand him in the comic books either.  Ennis loves his dense, indecipherable Irish slang.  If they continue to stay true to that aspect of the comic, think of him like Brad Pitts' character in Snatch.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2017, 09:16 AM »
‘Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger’: Olivia Holt & Aubrey Joseph Land Title Roles In Series For Freeform

Seriously?  I've been pretty surprised by just how deep Disney/Marvel Studios have been going with some of their projects, but CLOAK & DAGGER?  Really?  Should we get ready for a Power Pack series next?!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2017, 09:23 AM »
‘Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger’: Olivia Holt & Aubrey Joseph Land Title Roles In Series For Freeform

Seriously?  I've been pretty surprised by just how deep Disney/Marvel Studios have been going with some of their projects, but CLOAK & DAGGER?  Really?  Should we get ready for a Power Pack series next?!

Yeah. Wow.  I've never liked these two in the comics, so not overly excited about this.  I had a hard time getting into the Luke Cage series as well.  That said, I also never really cared for the Defenders, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Hulk, or Guardians of the Galaxy and they've done some amazing stuff with those characters.  Still, this one feels like teeniebopper WB Twilight more than it does hard core Marvel.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Cloak & Dagger? Will Dabney Coleman and Henry Thomas be in it?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2017, 11:19 AM »
I've had a few geek friends say they loved this comic as kids, so I'm willing to give it a chance.  From the few books I read, I never thought the two of them were in a relationship - just partners.  But that was 30 years ago, so who knows.

My daughters watched "Kickin' It" all the time, which means I did by extension.  Olivia Holt does have tons of charisma, and some decent karate moves.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 1, 2017, 11:36 AM »
Should we get ready for a Power Pack series next?!
OMG.  The 12-year-old me would DIE for this. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2018, 10:14 AM »
DC Universe's Titans says 'F--- Batman' in moody first official trailer

Oh man, a dark and gritty take on classic DCU characters!  What a fresh idea... said no one ever.  Nice f-bomb, Robin.  I'm sure you'll be as edgy as Deadpool if you just keep trying...  ::)

I'll just stick with Teen Titans Go! I guess.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2018, 02:47 PM »
DC Universe's Titans says 'F--- Batman' in moody first official trailer

Oh man, a dark and gritty take on classic DCU characters!  What a fresh idea... said no one ever.  Nice f-bomb, Robin.  I'm sure you'll be as edgy as Deadpool if you just keep trying...  ::)

I'll just stick with Teen Titans Go! I guess.

I know, I actually had high hopes for this as I really do like the Titans, but I can't say I was super pumped by the trailer. Didn't they learn anything from the reaction to the dark DCU movies? I'm on the fence on whether to give the new streaming service a go, $7.99 a month or $75 for a year. Kind of thought it would be a bit lower. Still holding out hope though, I really like all of the DCTV on the CW, the Flash in particular.

On a side note, as much as everyone groaned when it started out, Teen Titans Go is actually kind of great. Very good with deep cut references and making fun of the DCU in general. First thing a friend of mine said after seeing this trailer "I really hope Teen Titans Go does a reference to this show"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2018, 03:59 PM »
On a side note, as much as everyone groaned when it started out, Teen Titans Go is actually kind of great. Very good with deep cut references and making fun of the DCU in general.

My kids and I love it.  Sure parts are dumb, but it's FUN.  Beast Boy is the best.  I'd much rather watch goofy FUN cartoon Titans than "I'm so dark and angsty" Titans.   

I get why they wouldn't want to replicate Arrow/Flash/YoungJustice with this property but it kinda just screams "look, we added an F-bomb because we can!"  Not really what I want to see in a Robin character, but more power to those excited by it.  Just another example that most of the DCU is just not for me anymore.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2018, 04:51 PM »
That looks like a Direct-to-DVD release.  Awful.  Reminds me of the Marvel take on New Mutants where its some kind of combo Super-hero/Horror movie.  I'll be skipping both.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Huge news that Comcast has pulled their bid for Fox and Disney will now acquire them.  I'd say that Galactus is now the next mega-heavy for Marvel.

PLEASE let this mean that we can get a 4K version of the OOT!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Huge news that Comcast has pulled their bid for Fox and Disney will now acquire them.  I'd say that Galactus is now the next mega-heavy for Marvel.

PLEASE let this mean that we can get a 4K version of the OOT!

I think Disney is far more interested in the Skrulls than in the Fantastic Four.   :-X