Author Topic: LOTR LEGO  (Read 50171 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR LEGO
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2013, 05:04 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2013, 09:50 PM »
I shamelessly picked up Moria and it's awesome.  I had a blast building it last night like a 10 year old.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 3, 2013, 08:56 PM »
Picked up the "Gandalf's Arrival" set for $3.88 at Target. Couldn't pass at that price.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: May 7, 2013, 02:24 AM »
I don't have that one, may have to check on that...  I was gonna pass, but yeah, under $4's awesome.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2013, 10:29 PM »
JediMoses said he saw the new 2013 sets at TRU today...can't wait to get the Black Gate

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2013, 06:00 PM »
I saw the new sets at TRU as well. They looked cool, but were extremely pricey. The Gandalf v. Saruman set was $15 and Elrond Council was $35. I didn't catch the prices on the bigger sets. This line is so sooooo tempting.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2013, 09:43 PM »
I picked up the last Orc Forge at Target...  full price, but at this piont I'm not counting on a good sale at all and I dig this little set.  I can't wait to see new sets though. :)  And if I'm lucky, maybe a Helms Deep on good sale or clearance so I can x it off...  Goblin King set wouldn't hurt either.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2013, 08:51 PM »
I finally broke down and picked up the Mines of Moria set this week.  My daughter and I built the first "half" today, and it has been fun.  My hope was to eventually at least get the Fellowship in minifig form, and now to do that I'd need to pick up the Weathertop set to get Aragorn and Merry (and I guess Frodo and Sam are technically ROTK versions).  It is tough to not want to go all in with these really though - LEGO has slowly been sucking me in the past couple years between SW, Marvel, and LOTR/Hobbit.  Plus, a Harry Potter set for my daughter - I really wish I would have gotten more of those when they were available.  We love building all these together.  Looking forward to the new sets as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 2, 2013, 08:54 PM »
I saw the new sets at TRU this weekend as well, but held off for the moment.  They always seem to be a bit higher there, so it would probably be better to wait it out.  I was tempted to get Elrond's council though, or even the wizard battle one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: June 6, 2013, 11:58 PM »
Another big step...

So I got an email that I got $3 in Rewards points at K-mart to use between the 6th and 12th.  Sometimes outta the blue, they send you points and it's like $3 to $5 and you basically could use it on candy bars or anything.

Anyway, went to a K-Mart nearby thinking I'd see what Star Wars they have...  They had some 2013 Deluxe but not much else, so I strolled past Lego, and they have signage up for 2 things expired...  1 is extra 50% off Clearance which means AT-ST's would've been like $13.  ****.

Second though, is Helm's Deep for a scant $110 and change, and it expired yesterday, so I grab one and snap a photo...  On top of this, they have a sign up that all Lego sets net you an additional 10% in Rewards points...  So that's like $11-ish gonna come back and I have $50 in rewards points stacked up not expiring till next year.

Anyway, I spend $13 in Rewards points (The $10 I'm making up and the free $3 I got) off of the already discounted price of $110-ish and I'm happy as a clam.

I snapped a pic of the sale tag because I knew the set was gonna ring up full price...  Told her I had a pic, she didn't even question me, just adjusted the price...  Which goes to show they don't even need a supervisor to do anything, she just punched it in and went on about getting me away from her so she could go back to leaning on her bagging rack.

So Helms Deep is mine...  Goblin King is all I need now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 7, 2013, 10:59 AM »
I finally broke down and picked up the Mines of Moria set this week.  My daughter and I built the first "half" today, and it has been fun. 

Gave that set to my son on his birthday - May 23.  It's amazing! 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 7, 2013, 11:00 AM »
I saw the new sets at TRU this weekend as well, but held off for the moment.  They always seem to be a bit higher there, so it would probably be better to wait it out.  I was tempted to get Elrond's council though, or even the wizard battle one.

My TRU also had those out - but both stores now pulled them off the shelves. 

Street date or something?

Did get my son the little Gandalf vs. Sauramon set though before they pulled them, and we put it together.  He really wanted it for Sauron's "eye."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Built Helm's Deep Sunday...  It's definitely more detailed and fun than I thought it would be.  The Berserker Uruk Hai is insanely cool/cute.  Haldir is meh, but at least I have him.  I wish, for the price, they'd loaded you up with a couple extra Rohan archers for the walls.

The set's complexity on the rounded parts on the main gate are pretty slick.  I like the way they did that stuff.

The graphic on the back of the box of the wall blowing up with the Berserker just sailing through the air makes me lol every time I look at it.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2013, 04:56 AM »
The big tower is available on LEGO Shop for VIP Members only until July 1, when it goes on sale for everyone. Free shipping on orders over $75!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks