Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (40/172) > >>

Scockery:
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a couple of hard, pipe-hittin' collectors to go to work on Hasbro here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. You hear me talkin' Rhode Island boy? I ain't through with you by damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

(I couldn't resist.)

McMetal:
Well, I am hoping that they see the light and are preparing to fill the early 2013 void with tons and tons of exciting new Clone Wars product and , er...ah, who am I kidding.

I guess this will be the year I go back and start collecting all the realistic-style Tartakovsky stuff.

Phrubruh:
....or save up for retirement or buy a house.   ;)

Brian:
Like others, likely work on organizing the collection room and condensing down what I do have.  My wife would love to see me unload a lot of the stuff that is being stored throughout the house, so I may start to go through that stuff too.  If we really are seeing a break in "new" figures until Fall, I'm hoping to just take the opportunity to save up (and possibly catch up on my loose vintage collection a little).

My other primary line is Marvel stuff, but I'm sort of thinking of taking a break from that as well.  We'll see what is available I guess.  I may pick up some stuff here and there, but get a little more picky.  LEGOs are always a temptation, and I've got my eyes on the Jabba's Palace and Rancor sets, so that is a possibility.  Overall though, as much as the delay stinks, I know deep down it is a good opportunity for me to save the money and prepare for the future.  I have a feeling there is a chance we'll see a "little bit of new, lots of old" type of scenario until the release of the new movies, similar to what we saw with the OTC line, but maybe that won't happen.  This year might be a mix of that though.  I hope we get some news out of Toy Fair.

Jesse James:
Funny but it's become a routine where every year...  EVERY year...  We say, "Well I hope something good comes out of Toy Fair".

The Star Wars line is has become like the CW toon...  They both like to dick us around a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version