Author Topic: 2012 TRU Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks  (Read 82307 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks
« Reply #120 on: August 4, 2012, 09:09 PM »
Darth Anton passed along some pics of the sets he picked up...  :)

Clicky

I gotta say I like getting rebel pilots and all, but I'm really sick of the Luke sculpt...  not everyone's short, and uh, well, yeah...  I'd like my Rebel Pilots to look a tad more average height.  Apparantly you have to be a giraffe to drive an AT-ST and a dwarf to fly an X-Wing.  Kinda weird.  Time for that pilot body to see retirement though.  That thing has to have made them quite a bit of cash on its own.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 4, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Not a bad looking Porkins. Love the ewoks set. I'll have to see if I can find Princess Nesha by herself somewhere.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 5, 2012, 09:09 AM »
I'm a huge fan of pilots, in fact I think we only have one to go to complete the Yavin battle set, red ten. However, with this set, beyond the over-use of the Luke body, the heads on "Pops" and Tiree sit too low on their respective bodies and the insignias on "Pops's" helmet are uneven. The blasters also don't work for the standard Luke hands. They should have had the standard RFT blaster.

If these hang around on the shelves for a while and if there's a sale, I'll probably pick up another set to make snowspeeder pilots.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 5, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Nice pics, Anton - and nice score.

The height of the Luke sculpt doesn't bother me, it's the sculpt itself.  I always felt the arms look too big for the body.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #124 on: August 6, 2012, 10:46 AM »
I guess the Luke sculpt doesn't bother me for Luke, but I'd like to see some variation between the pilots. That's part of the M.O. for the rebellion, they have different looks. All the pilots using the Luke body makes my rebel shelf look like the kentucky derby stables.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 6, 2012, 12:36 PM »
It's also a bit dated in sculpting terms, even if it's superarticulated. Luke Snowspeeder is a better sculpt (obviously a snowspeeder pilot sculpt). Of course, pining for a new X-wing pilot sculpt would backfire; they'd make one and reduce articulation.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 6, 2012, 01:14 PM »
I agree, the snowspeeder Luke sculpt is so much better.  It looks much more like a natural human body than the X-Wing Luke (especially hate those huge shoulders).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 6, 2012, 02:56 PM »
I have the same complaint with the Luke sculpt as CHEWIE, the arms have always bothered me. The elbows are ridiculously big, like almost the size of Luke's head. If they could re-do the arms and make the joints smaller I'd be a lot happier with it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: August 6, 2012, 08:50 PM »
I think for me it's all down to what I'd want to rebuy and what I wouldn't want to rebuy and would rather see something much different take up the tooling dollars.  Not to say I don't think they can improve on Luke if they did a new one, I think Hoth Pilot Luke shows there's definite room for improvement.  I just think that, at $11 a pop (especially since ordering by the case is the norm at the moment), I'd rather a Cantina Alien or more needed figure be in there.

There's some figures I just look at and think, the articulation's there, the sculpt's not attrocious...

Now...  $8 figures?  I'd be all for almost anything being resculpted just for a new interpretation. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #129 on: August 8, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Yeah, I'd much rather a new Ree-Yees or Yakface resculpt than wasting the slot on Pilot Luke. Don't get me wrong, before the line ends it would be nice, but my heart wouldn't skip a beat like it would for that three-eyed, fat-fingered bastard from Jabba's palace.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: August 8, 2012, 01:35 PM »
I'd take a new Pilot Luke too, so don't get me wrong...  Snowspeeder Luke shows what can be done and all.  I just think, at $11 a pop, I'd much rather a lot of other stuff...

That said, I'd probably rebuy the same one with a nice paintjob on his helmet.  Go figure.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2012, 10:05 AM »
They had these sets up on Toysrus.com very breifly this morning. I manage to get my order in for 1 Ewok set. Had the pilots in my cart for a moment before deciding against it for now. I kind of have a feeling that the pilots won't be that hard to come by once these things hit in force. That and it's kind of boring in comparison to the ewoks. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2012, 10:23 AM »
They had these sets up on Toysrus.com very breifly this morning. I manage to get my order in for 1 Ewok set. Had the pilots in my cart for a moment before deciding against it for now. I kind of have a feeling that the pilots won't be that hard to come by once these things hit in force. That and it's kind of boring in comparison to the ewoks.

I was able to get two Ewok sets and a pilot set. I had the same reservations about the pilot set, but since the closest TRU is thirty or so minutes away I just went ahead and got it now. It beats wasting the time and gas looking for it at the store, or having to worry about meeting a free shipping goal online at some later date.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25 AM »
I found these at our local store yesterday.  They only had one of the Ewok sets, but three of the Pilots.  I have a feeling the Pilots may stick around as well.  Really, really like the ewok set, and wouldn't mind picking up another one eventually.  The Pilots are nice too, but I just think I'm starting to get my fill of Rebel pilots right now.  I like the new Porkins though, and it is a nice set.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2012, 09:30 PM »
What Has Happened To Teebo In The Toys R Us Ewok Pack?

No new Teebo head sculpt? Logray repaint?!