Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

K-Mart Exclusive Vintage ROTJ AT-ST

(1/19) > >>

Jesse James:
K-Mart gets an exclusive, again, that you may or may not care about...

First,
Sandtroopers.com has the scoop on this, so go check it out!  Clicky the image to see it.

But second...  Yeah, you own this right?  Well, not really...  This is the AT-ST repaint, at least it seems anyway, attempting to recreate the walker that Chewie and his little dingleberries attempt to commandeer for the Rebel Alliance!

So assuming it's not particularly cheap, but not particularly expensive, where does this fit in your collecting world?

For me, this is an easy purchase...  I have literally a stack of AT-ST's from Wal-Mart...  I'm semi-hopeful they're going to fix the walking joints so that they're less prone to cracking, but that'll only be known with time and opening one up.  What I'm more geeked about is the deco.  The original's deco was plain which I liked for army building.  The 2nd one was an inaccurate Hoth one since that walker has significant differences in its design.

This one though, I like that they're trying to give fans the specific walker with the damage on the nose, which served as the life-size prop/set piece, which Chewie and the Ewok hijackers take.  :)  It'll be THE walker I display since I want to display it specifically with its appropriate Ewoks and Chewbacca.  Might even have it standing over a destroyed one of the Wal-Mart walkers.

This is far cooler than the B-Wing, or TRU's half-assed Y-Wing.  I think this is, somewhat shockingly, K-Mart for the win.

JediJman:
Cool!  Thanks for sharing Jesse.  I'll probably get one if I can find it on sale.  It's a little harder for me to stomach given how many AT-ST's we already have.  You had to know this was coming once they redid the mold.

Jesse James:
Yeah I'm kind of shocked who got it...

To me there's no question, this is a good one. 

It's like if say they put out another Snowspeeder, all beat up and painted nice, and in a vinty box again, as Luke's Snowspeeder...  Would you be mad?  Maybe, depending on the price.

That's the kicker with this, is the price.  the B-WIng wasn't too cheap but not too bad either compared to the original release of the B-Wing with the Ten Numb figure in the POTJ days.

If this is $30 I'm in without question.  If it's $40 I'll probably still be in but maybe a little miffed.  If it's more and there's a ton of them I may wait.  If it's more and they're scarce, I'll probably be in but begrudgingly.

If it's $20 nobody shall have it but me.  OK, not really, but I'll probably pick up two if it's that cheap, which I have no hope of it being that cheap.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on May 16, 2012, 11:20 PM ---It's like if say they put out another Snowspeeder, all beat up and painted nice, and in a vinty box again, as Luke's Snowspeeder...  Would you be mad?  Maybe, depending on the price.
--- End quote ---

I'm never really mad about releases unless I can't find them.  I always have the option not to buy if I don't like it.   ;)

Daigo-Bah:
The box looks great, the repaint looks great.... but what the heck is it with Hasbro re-releasing things too soon after it was already out?  Certain Saga Legends like Snowspeeder Luke, the Dewback, and now this?  Give it a few years for collectors just into the hobby to need it, and something new for us in the meantime!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version