Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)

<< < (33/195) > >>

Darby:
I for one am looking forward to it. As long as it fits the story, I think it will be great.

EdSolo:

--- Quote from: Scott on March  7, 2013, 03:13 PM ---Lucas is new Spoiler Source: Big 3 returning

--- End quote ---

If you get the entire quote from the Bloomberg article, Lucas goes from saying they were signed, to they were in final negotiations, to who knows if they would have signed.  He seemed to really backtrack on it after he initially let it slip.  I think the most interesting thing is that Lucas was actually going to go forward with the sequel trilogy on his own as a means to showing the franchise was still profitable for any potential buyers.

Darby:
The whole article is very fascinating. So this seems to have started a couple years ago, and Lucas went fairly far down the garden path before selling to Disney. I wonder if he started this and then thought - wow. I don't want to do this, or he did do it to make the company more attractive to Disney. I'm more curious than ever of the story.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Darby on March  8, 2013, 09:15 AM ---The whole article is very fascinating. So this seems to have started a couple years ago, and Lucas went fairly far down the garden path before selling to Disney. I wonder if he started this and then thought - wow. I don't want to do this, or he did do it to make the company more attractive to Disney. I'm more curious than ever of the story.

--- End quote ---

I took EXACTLY that from the article.  There's a quote where he said he was having a conversation with Kathleen Kennedy about making the company more attractive to a potential buyer.

--- Quote ---Lucas asked if she was interested in taking over Lucasfilm. Kennedy may have been blindsided by the news, but she happily accepted the position. “When Kathy came on, we started talking about starting up the whole franchise again,” he says. “I was pulling away, and I said, ‘Well, I’ve got to build this company up so it functions without me, and we need to do something to make it attractive.’ So I said, ‘Well, let’s just do these movies.’ ”

--- End quote ---

JediJman:
This was a really fun read.  Interesting to hear about everything that was going on behind the scenes.  I wish there had been some elaboration on the discussions with the original actors.  Would love to have heard Harrison's reponse - did they have to throw a lot of money at him?  Has he come around more to the character?  Were Fisher or Hamill at all hesitent?  Has anyone talked to Billy D?  All in good time I suppose.

What I found most surprising was that Lucas seems to have to put together a storyline for the new trilogy already.  Not sure how I feel about that given what he did with the prequels.   :-\  I'd also love a peak at that Holocron database.  They should publish that for fans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version