Author Topic: Walmart Black Friday 8-Packs  (Read 17421 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Friday 8-Packs
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 09:54 PM »
Freaking glue. This is a pyrrhic value. I got 3 out of the backer with minimal damage/residue. The rest are hopelessly stuck to the back side of the cardboard holder. The other pack I got is totally glued in. Hair dryer seems to have no effect on the glue.

So, I'm debating if Seripas is worth $25. I guess Wolfe is okay...I'm not in love with the clone wars line anymore, so my plan was to keep what I wanted and resale/trade the rest. Now that idea is just one big headache.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 09:46 AM »
Yeah, after fiddling around with these last night I can feel buyer remorse setting in already. I suspect I will be returning at least 2 out of the 3 I bought. It's nearly impossible to separate these things from their packaging, and in any given set there is only 1-2 figures I would actually want to open.

The Marvel sets seemed a lot lighter on the glue, not sure why they didn't lock those down the same way.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 09:52 PM »
So, just to be clear - these 8 packs have at least a figure or two you guys are interested in.  If a regular figure costs $8, then you essentially bought two hard to find figures that you need at their regular price AND landed six brand new extras for $1.50 each.  That's an incredible deal IMHO.  But you're going to return the sets because you can't split them and sell off the extras?  Personally, I'd be happy just to snag a few of these for extra figures. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57 PM »
I tried to find the CW 8-pack with SCUBA Ahsoka, but the store I went to was pretty well cleared out.  That version of Ahsoka is the only CW figure I haven't found this year, and I'm okay with getting it via online retail at this point.  Getting the 8-pack seems almost wasteful.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 11:20 PM »
The pack with Scuba Ahsoka is the only one that didn't show here. Otherwise we saw all of the others in spades.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 07:03 PM »
Got this one today, would've gotten more but didn't have enough money on me at the time.

They didn't have the Seripas or Scubasoka one. :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:22 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 11:35 AM »
I stopped by a Wal-Mart after work this morning and they had a ton of these sets left over... ended up snagging the set with Boba, Vos Zombie Geonosian, Shaak Ti, etc. (the one Rune posted above). Saw that wave once back in 2010 and never again, but wanted everything except really the one green Clone, so it was an easy buy.

Also got a nice Legends army builder set with a Spacetrooper, Stormtrooper, Death Star Trooper, Droideka and Super Battle Droid. Only duds were Mace, Obi-Wan and that Boba Fett that's a kitbash of the VOTC and Saga 2003 Fetts. To charity they go!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:50 AM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 08:50 AM »
I ended up returning 2 of the sets I bought yesterday, the Wave 1 repacks and the Scubahsoka set. I did keep the set with Baby Boba and Vos just for kicks, but I may end up taking that back as well at some point. Depends if I find anything else I would rather use that money for, I guess.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 1, 2012, 12:49 PM »
I found my scuba ahsoka set, and I love it. I never bothered buying these this year, so this set was a great value for me. I love the troopers, and the training droid is pretty cool too.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 2, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Went to a Wal-Mart today, saw they still had some of these, sign above them said $20. Surely not. Scanned a legends one...yes, $20!  Glue annoyances aside, that's $2.50 a figure. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 5, 2012, 03:13 PM »
I saw these today for $30  ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: December 5, 2012, 04:26 PM »
Hah.  I didn't think most were worth it at $25 as much more than donation gifts.  Funny seeing them creep higher.  Taking a page out of TRU's playbook on that one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2012, 04:42 PM »
I found a few cool Marvel sets for $25 each today (Thanks Dan-O!).  I still can't get over the prices.  If the regular pegged figures were marked down to $3.50 each, I don't think they'd last a week.  I've seen most of the SW sets at various Wal-Marts, but the Marvel bonus packs seem to have mostly sold through.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2012, 05:13 PM »
I saw some of those SOTDS figures show back up on the pegs at one local Walmart... ::)

I don't know how someone could have returned them using a current receipt, but I suppose the store could have broken a set up and put them out if they had a pack that was damaged or missing 1-2 figures.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2012, 07:12 PM »
I suddenly noticed some of the 8 pack figures on the pegs too. They haven't restocked since about March, so I don't think it's a mystery that they were returns. I don't think the store would put them out, as they would have to peel off the "not for resale" stickers on the bottom.