Author Topic: Toy Fair 2014  (Read 19387 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 11:54 PM »
5POA figures aren't my thing but I'm still getting Chopper and possibly one or two more figures...  Depends on my mood ultimately, and how much I have in Reward Points at K-Mart I think.  :-X

I was thinking something similar... wait for a TRU BOGO50%off sale, toss in a $5 rewards coupon and you'll get two figures for about $4.  That's how I've been buying the Saga Legends that I've picked up so far.  Not totally sold on the Rebels stuff, but if you can get them that low every so often, why not grab a few? :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2014, 12:17 AM »
I blew Reward $ all holiday at K-Mart combined with the perpetual $3 off $10 coupons I kept getting...  I felt like a glutton at the end, and kept worrying about spending all those points, but since KM is the only store in 10 minutes drive of me, I'm back up to $84 in points.  Hell they gave me $10 for Valentines for no reason whatsoever.  I'll buy a Biggs or something.  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2014, 01:09 PM »
Looks like also DePriest feels that the helmets are oversized for the phase 2 clones... which makes me very happy. I hope that his comments to JTA really mean that something will be done about it.  I'm not holding my breath, but do have some optimism here.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2014, 06:08 PM »
Read that bit myself. But I also read another Toy fair note that indicated an edict had come down from Lucasfilm Licensing to Hasbro to focus their effort on REBELS and the Original Trilogy. What does that mean where it pertains to Clone helmets?  We'll see.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2014, 09:29 PM »
Yeah, that's why I'm not betting they'll do anything about it.  I wish we had gotten something into DePriest's hands a year earlier. Not that it means it would have made a difference, but the timing certainly would have been better.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Jeff, did you get special scoops in your one on one time with the Hasbro folks?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Any "scoops" I had have been put into the relevant threads by now.  Most of my talks with them were "off the record" type conversations about the general future and health of the line, nothing about "when will character X get a figure" or "why does distribution suck" or whatever.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender