Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 72900 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2017, 06:20 PM »
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is now free for Gold members through the end of the month. It's backwards-compatible on Xbox One.

Today's the last day for Gold members to get TFU for free.

Also:

Microsoft Unveils $10 Monthly Gaming Subscription Service For Xbox One

Coming this spring to the Xbox One, the Xbox Game Pass will give console owners access to over 100 Xbox One and backwards compatible games for $9.99 a month.

The Xbox Game Pass is not a streaming service, like PlayStation Now, but a game download subscription along the lines of EA Access. Subscribers who pay the $9.99 monthly fee will be able to choose from games like Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II (examples given in Microsoft’s official announcement,) downloading them directly to their system and playing them as if they were purchased digitally. Subscribers will be able to purchase the games in the catalog at a discount (20 percent off games, 10 percent off add-ons,) adding them permanently to their Xbox library.

The Xbox Game Pass will start rolling out today to select members of the Xbox Insider program today, with plans to launch exclusively for Xbox Live Gold subscribers before going live for all Xbox One owners this spring.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2017, 07:46 PM »
My account croaked right in time to download that, so basically yeah, but hey, I have it on disc anyway so I'll just play it that way.  It's sorta meh as gaming goes but it's got amazing graphics and fun places to explore at least.  Still wasn't a great game IMHO.  Just kinda dull.  Cool action figures though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 2, 2017, 11:48 AM »
So this Xbox Gamer Pass is basically what Nintendo is doing with the Switch, where you get access to different demos every month? Pretty lame. I'll stick to just buying 2-3 games a year or staying 6 months behind and getting everything for a discount.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2017, 03:01 AM »
So this Xbox Gamer Pass is basically what Nintendo is doing with the Switch, where you get access to different demos every month? Pretty lame. I'll stick to just buying 2-3 games a year or staying 6 months behind and getting everything for a discount.

They're not demos. They're full games. And as long as you're paying the $10/month to subscribe, you can play them whenever you want.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is now available through backwards-compatibility. People have been giving Xbox all kinds of "where is this game" **** for months and months, so it's nice to finally have this one out of the way.

Other games added to BC since last time.  Some good stuff in there.

• Army of Two
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
  • Borderlands 2
  • Cars 2 The Video Game
  • Darksiders
  • Darksiders 2
  • Daytona USA
  • Dead Rising 2: Case West
  • Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
  • Far Cry 3
  • Gyromancer
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
  • The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
  • Luxor 2 (Ed. note: **** this game.)
  • Madballs in Babo: Invasion
  • Meet the Robinsons
  • Moon Diver
  • Poker Smash
  • Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
  • Soltrio Solitaire
  • Space Invaders Infinity Gene
  • Stacking
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Tower Bloxx Deluxe
    "The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
      • View Profile
      • Lobot's Duplex
    « Reply #154 on: May 1, 2017, 09:01 AM »
    SW: The Force Unleashed II is free for Gold members through May 15. LEGO SW: The Complete Saga will be free for Gold members from May 16-30. Both games are backwards-compatible on Xbox One.

Speaking of BC, here are the games added since last time:

• 3D Ultra Minigolf
    • Assault Heroes 2
    • Cabela's Alaskan Adventures
    • Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
    • Cabela's Hunting Expeditions
    • Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai
    • Commanders: Attack of the Genos
    • Contra
    • Dead Space 2
    • Dead Space 3
    • Gin Rummy
    • Golf: Tee It Up!
    • RoboBlitz
    • TimeShift

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
      • View Profile
      • Lobot's Duplex
    « Reply #155 on: May 15, 2017, 05:57 PM »
    Today's the last day to get Force Unleashed II for free. LEGO SW: The Complete Saga will go free later tonight/tomorrow.

BC additions:

• Band of Bugs
    • Bullet Soul
    • Bullet Soul -Infinite Burst-
    • Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
    • Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
    • Hard Corps: Uprising
    • Harm's Way

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
    • Jedi Elder
      • View Profile
    « Reply #156 on: November 10, 2017, 03:10 PM »
    Hey Matt, are there any sites you use to check on rumors or expected release dates for new BC titles?

I bought a 4T HD a few weeks ago and finally got all my 360 saves off that machine and into the cloud, then I installed all the 360 games I have that are in the BC library as of now, but I'm left with a few that I'm hoping will make the cut at some point.  I wonder if with the Xbox titles getting attention now that maybe some of these last titles won't ever get done.  The titles I'm waiting on are:

COD:  Modern Warfare 2 (I was able to find news that this one is rumored)
    COD:  Modern Warfare 3
    COD:  Modern Warfare 4
    COD:  World at War - Is in the BC List already, but didn't work for me when I put the disc in.  I'm going to try it again this weekend.
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Medal of Honor:  Warfighter
    Medal of Honor Limited Edition
    Silent Hill Homecoming.

Other than the Guitar Hero games which I assume aren't going to happen, and I don't care about really, I could be done with my 360 if just those titles get added... so now I'm all curious.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
      • View Profile
      • Lobot's Duplex
    « Reply #157 on: November 11, 2017, 04:28 AM »
    Hey Matt, are there any sites you use to check on rumors or expected release dates for new BC titles?

The BC thread at NeoGAF was always my go-to, and I assume there are similar discussions at Reddit. Xbox doesn't usually announce BC title dates in advance anymore.

I bought a 4T HD a few weeks ago and finally got all my 360 saves off that machine and into the cloud, then I installed all the 360 games I have that are in the BC library as of now, but I'm left with a few that I'm hoping will make the cut at some point.  I wonder if with the Xbox titles getting attention now that maybe some of these last titles won't ever get done.  The titles I'm waiting on are:

COD:  Modern Warfare 2 (I was able to find news that this one is rumored)
    COD:  Modern Warfare 3
    COD:  Modern Warfare 4
    COD:  World at War - Is in the BC List already, but didn't work for me when I put the disc in.  I'm going to try it again this weekend.
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Medal of Honor:  Warfighter
    Medal of Honor Limited Edition
    Silent Hill Homecoming.

Other than the Guitar Hero games which I assume aren't going to happen, and I don't care about really, I could be done with my 360 if just those titles get added... so now I'm all curious.

Activision released an updated version of COD4: Modern Warfare last year as a pack-in with COD: Infinite Warfare and this year as a standalone title (COD: Modern Warfare Remastered). Probably reasonable to assume that the 360 version won't be going BC anytime soon, if ever. But, as experience has shown with the BioShock and old 360 Halo titles coming to BC after their updated versions were already released, certainly anything is possible.

Wouldn't be surprised to see updated versions of MW2 and 3 in the next couple of years.

Capcom just released RE Revelations for Xbox One a few months ago, so again, probably won't see the 360 version go BC. Capcom hasn't brought any of their 360 RE titles to BC. They've just chosen to release new versions instead.

No idea on the others. Hang on to that 360 for now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
    • Grand Master
    • Slippery When Poopy
      • View Profile
      • JediDefender.com
    « Reply #158 on: November 11, 2017, 03:04 PM »
    BC on CoD always blows my mind that people are interested since, for the most part, new CoD is usually better CoD
    2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
    • I aim to misbehave.
      • View Profile
      • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
    « Reply #159 on: November 12, 2017, 03:02 PM »
    BC on CoD always blows my mind that people are interested since, for the most part, new CoD is usually better CoD

New CoD is basically the last CoD with new skins.

Although Infinite Warfare had those space battles.

BTW, KOTOR is BC on X-Box one!
    This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
    • Jedi Elder
      • View Profile
    « Reply #160 on: November 12, 2017, 05:51 PM »
    Activision released an updated version of COD4: Modern Warfare last year as a pack-in with COD: Infinite Warfare and this year as a standalone title (COD: Modern Warfare Remastered). Probably reasonable to assume that the 360 version won't be going BC anytime soon, if ever. But, as experience has shown with the BioShock and old 360 Halo titles coming to BC after their updated versions were already released, certainly anything is possible.

Wouldn't be surprised to see updated versions of MW2 and 3 in the next couple of years.

Capcom just released RE Revelations for Xbox One a few months ago, so again, probably won't see the 360 version go BC. Capcom hasn't brought any of their 360 RE titles to BC. They've just chosen to release new versions instead.

No idea on the others. Hang on to that 360 for now.

That's helpful.  Thanks for the info.  I did manage to get World at War to install yesterday, so that's done.  I'm not beyond paying $15 or whatever to just get the remastered / re-released versions of games just to get it all moved over.  So I'll probably end up doing that with Revelations at a minimum.  I'm still waiting on the RE2 remaster... and then hopefully they do 3 and Code Veronica X after that. 

The Call of Duty games... I'm not even sure if I care.  If I get to the point where I'm keeping a console around just for those, I'll probably let it go.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
    • I aim to misbehave.
      • View Profile
      • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
    « Reply #161 on: November 12, 2017, 06:27 PM »
    Not necessarily just on X-box, but Mass Effect Andromeda is $20 or less.

For that price, the game is totally worth it.
    This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
    • Grand Master
    • Slippery When Poopy
      • View Profile
      • JediDefender.com
    « Reply #162 on: November 12, 2017, 08:24 PM »
    I dunno man, CoD usually has innovation in the game be it parkour crap or whatever it takes to make it feel new.  I couldn't see going and playing MW after all these other MW replacements.  There is usually some improvement.  Not always tho. :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
    • Jedi Elder
      • View Profile
    « Reply #163 on: November 13, 2017, 04:20 PM »
    Side question... if I'm thinking of upgrading to the Xbox One X, there's no reason to keep the Xbox One right?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
    • Jedi Elder
      • View Profile
    « Reply #164 on: November 15, 2017, 02:46 PM »
    I wandered over to Best Buy just now by my office and they had one XBox One X that was an online order someone had canceled.  So I bought it.